Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Is a Hedo Trade Inevitable?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Given how cheap Hedo's deal is and that Marion can opt out this summer, I don't see it happening.

That's the sticking point. But you can always convince Marion to sign an extension prior to the trade.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Given how cheap Hedo's deal is and that Marion can opt out this summer, I don't see it happening.

That's the sticking point. But you can always convince Marion to sign an extension prior to the trade.

It definitly could be a deal breaker. It also could be a reason why the Suns would be interested. Marion already has demanded a trade earlier this year. There is a very good chance that he opts out with no intention of resigning with Phoenix.

If this trade was put on the table, I would imagine that selling the Magic to Marion wouldn't be that difficult.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

It definitly could be a deal breaker. It also could be a reason why the Suns would be interested. Marion already has demanded a trade earlier this year. There is a very good chance that he opts out with no intention of resigning with Phoenix.

If this trade was put on the table, I would imagine that selling the Magic to Marion wouldn't be that difficult.

But Matrix is a lil' loco. He wants $20 mil/yr everywhere I've read.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:

But Matrix is a lil' loco. He wants $20 mil/yr everywhere I've read.

Of the guys that have been mentioned in my posts and other posts, Marion is the guy that strikes me because he wants to be traded and wants new scenery because he feels underappreciated in PHX.

Nonetheless if we were approached by PHX, but Otis would be wise to look into getting The Matrix. If Otis and Marion are on the same page and Marion is willing to sign an extension for something reaonable-ish (something starting around what he's making now with regular increases), how could we resist a Hedo + Expirings/JJ for Marion trade?

From PHX's POV, Grant Hill is a stop-gap solution. Even though he's playing great now, one can expect a rapid decline for Hill within the next 2 seasons. Hedo is a guy that fits into their system and allows them to continue building for the future. Hedo also provides playmaking that they lack when Nash is off the floor. They also have a very capable guy in Boris Diaw to step into the starting lineup at PF.

And from our POV Rashard is an extremely capable SF - he isn't the playmaker and ballhandler that Hedo is, but Rashard has a smoother, less mistake-prone offensive game and shoots a higher percentage. As a go-to guy, Rashard hit some seriously clutch shots earlier in the season before Hedo took control of our offense and Rashard was always an option in Seattle as a go-to guy. With Marion providing scoring as well as excellent defense and rebounding under the basket and around the perimeter, we'd easily have the top front court in the league.

Think about that. Rashard. Marion. Dwight. That is a SICK frontcourt that can be championship level NOW.

If PHX approached Orlando, or if we approached PHX, I'd be surprised to hear that either side immediately dismissed a Hedo for Marion trade.

I totally agree with you. However, I really wanna see how far we can go this season. I hope we can make some arrangements in the offseason, not right now.

Our untouchable magic is Dwight, we builded our team around him, if he has double on him, we have the shooters outside, shard, hedo, boghans. Even arroyo is promising, still I believe that the weak side of the team is pg or playmaker. Instead of pf, I really want to see a real pg in this team, may be we can get one by trading Turk+jj. We'll see...

ps: thanks for welcoming Soul Bro...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Dwight is untouchable.

Rashard is untradeable.

quote:
Originally posted by TURBEY:

I totally agree with you. However, I really wanna see how far we can go this season. I hope we can make some arrangements in the offseason, not right now.

Our untouchable magic is Dwight, we builded our team around him, if he has double on him, we have the shooters outside, shard, hedo, boghans. Even arroyo is promising, still I believe that the weak side of the team is pg or playmaker. Instead of pf, I really want to see a real pg in this team, may be we can get one by trading Turk+jj. We'll see...

ps: thanks for welcoming Soul Bro...

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Dwight is untouchable.

Rashard is untradeable.

Your previous post here was excellent and opened my eyes a good bit. I look forward to reading more input from you, Turbey.

I agree that it's probably wise to wait until the offeseason to make any big moves. The thought of a guy like Marion on our team sure is pretty exciting, though!

It's important to remember that most of our power forward problems will be solved next year with Tony coming back (and maybe Franny boy coming over). If a deal for someone the calibre of Marion comes along we should take it but otherwise we should stay pat.

Patience is important, we aren't winning the championship this year. Gradual improvement is what we should expect.