Sign in to follow this  
~O~

One Positive From This Game, Great "Team" Play

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

What, Dooling was shredding Arroyo and Nelson, and Bogans wasnt doing much good on Kidd, the smart thing to do would of been put Dooling on Armstrong, b/c Dooling is a good defender. Armstrong led them baq into the game, him and the refs contributed in large part to this loss.

So let's suppose Dooling was put into the game to defend Armstrong and the Nets still win. Does the blame fall on Dooling?

We will never know the answer to that will we, we never got a chance to see if Dooling could make a difference.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

What, Dooling was shredding Arroyo and Nelson, and Bogans wasnt doing much good on Kidd, the smart thing to do would of been put Dooling on Armstrong, b/c Dooling is a good defender. Armstrong led them baq into the game, him and the refs contributed in large part to this loss.

So let's suppose Dooling was put into the game to defend Armstrong and the Nets still win. Does the blame fall on Dooling?

Not at all. He did the best he could just like both Bogans and Dooling on the invincible Ben Gordon the other night. If you looked closely at that game, they tried everything they could without fouling.

For clarification, O-dub, I wasn't referring to your original post. That's why I quoted rich. I have no complaints about the play of the PGs in this game. I just don't understand why losses continuously have to be blamed on either Nelson or Arroyo and no one else.

quote:

For clarification, O-dub, I wasn't referring to your original post. That's why I quoted rich. I have no complaints about the play of the PGs in this game. I just don't understand why losses continuously have to be blamed on either Nelson or Arroyo and no one else.

I just wanted to answer that one anyway. I'm not blaming any one of the PG's myself. They played great to me but couldn't get the fouls from the 2 rookie ref and some so called lead official.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Not at all. He did the best he could just like both Bogans and Dooling on the invincible Ben Gordon the other night. If you looked closely at that game, they tried everything they could without fouling.

Exactly my point. The assertion that the lead in the Chicago game was blown because of Jameer and the assertion that tonight's loss was because Jameer came in for Arroyo (and let's not forget that Arroyo was in at the end of this game) is ridiculous. Neither Arroyo or Jameer are solely responsible for any loss the Magic have had.

quote:

I am not blaming anyone it was an observation, I blame defense and officiating on this loss

quote:

quote:

Exactly my point. The assertion that the lead in the Chicago game was blown because of Jameer and the assertion that tonight's loss was because Jameer came in for Arroyo (and let's not forget that Arroyo was in at the end of this game) is ridiculous. Neither Arroyo or Jameer are solely responsible for any loss the Magic have had.

I agree. We win and lose as a team. It doesn't matter, because people are going to magnify what they want to.

Dooling had to play in this game, especially with Evans missing everything out there...Nelson did not have to play the whole 2nd quarter, we could have a better lead after halftime...

Arroyo had 16 pts, 7 assists, no turnovers, he should have played more than 30 minutes...

quote:
Originally posted by Babir9:

Dooling had to play in this game, especially with Evans missing everything out there...Nelson did not have to play the whole 2nd quarter, we could have a better lead after halftime...

Arroyo had 16 pts, 7 assists, no turnovers, he should have played more than 30 minutes...

No official turnovers, sure. But did you see the play near the end of the game when he made a bad lob to Turkoglu in a position where Turk had nowhere to go and ended up turning the ball over? The turnover went to Turk, but Arroyo could have found a better pass to make.

Having said that, I really like what Arroyo did in this game overall. As I've said many times before in many different threads, I really like the idea of Arroyo starting. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking he had a perfect game.

quote:

quote:

No official turnovers, sure. But did you see the play near the end of the game when he made a bad lob to Turkoglu in a position where Turk had nowhere to go and ended up turning the ball over? The turnover went to Turk, but Arroyo could have found a better pass to make.

Having said that, I really like what Arroyo did in this game overall. As I've said many times before in many different threads, I really like the idea of Arroyo starting. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking he had a perfect game.

Just wondering was that the play where Jefferson and Kidd slapped away at Hedo in the corner of the court near the Magic bench. Hedo was being slapped at on this play and got another no call. He was also being pushed out of bounds.

quote:

Thats what I have been trying say for a while now.I guess it is easyer for some of these guys to blame the player they dont like.

GO MAGIC!!!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just wondering was that the play where Jefferson and Kidd slapped away at Hedo in the corner of the court near the Magic bench. Hedo was being slapped at on this play and got another no call. He was also being pushed out of bounds.

Yeah. And you can make a good case for a foul call being prudent in that situation. But I was talking about Carlos's pass. Hedo had to make a good play just to tip the ball away from Jefferson in the first place. By the time he caught it Kidd was already on him and he had nowhere to go.