Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Appears Golden State Might Want Carlos

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Doubt it. I don't think they'll be trading Wright just yet especially for players who can never top Wright's potential.

Fendi, not being sarcastic here. There are lots of fans on these boards that think JJ could be a M. Redd in this league. Perhaps Nellie sees him that way, too.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I've got a trade that works and would benefit both teams.

JJ Redick and Keyon Dooling

for

Brandan Wright and Michael Pietrus

Dooling would give them the back-up pg they need, while JJ would be great in their system. Wright would give us a potential 4 for the future, while Pietrus would give us a defensive GF.

Tweaking it a lil bit.

Instead of Wright (no way they let him go), we get Croshere or Pat O'Bryant.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I've got a trade that works and would benefit both teams.

JJ Redick and Keyon Dooling

for

Brandan Wright and Michael Pietrus

Dooling would give them the back-up pg they need, while JJ would be great in their system. Wright would give us a potential 4 for the future, while Pietrus would give us a defensive GF.

Tweaking it a lil bit.

Instead of Wright (no way they let him go), we get Croshere or Pat O'Bryant.

The only reason I'd do the trade is for Wright. Anyway, I heard Nellie say that Wright isn't going to play this year. I believe that JJ would be better long-term in that system than Wright. Would you do Los and Redick for Pietrus and Wright??? Given that Los is the best back-up pg in the league (not including Calderon b/c of Ford's injury), he has loads of value. Carlos fans, would that even be worth it? Is Wright worth it?

Stated by

quote:
It seems that Jameer always plays his best when the odds are against him. If we traded Carlos then Jameer will be the Jameer from last year, where he knew no matter what that Napolean would play him. Plus I really think he is best off the bench.

If what you are saying is right, then we should trade "Pretty Boy" instead of Arroyo. At least Arroyo likes to play hard every day, specially when playing before the numerous puertorican fans from Orlando. We should hope "Pretty Boy" keeps playing hard for his job, increase his trade value, and then trade him for a Big PF. Right?

At least we know now that we can win without "Pretty Boy" but not without Carlos.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Stated by

quote:
It seems that Jameer always plays his best when the odds are against him. If we traded Carlos then Jameer will be the Jameer from last year, where he knew no matter what that Napolean would play him. Plus I really think he is best off the bench.

If what you are saying is right, then we should trade "Pretty Boy" instead of Arroyo. At least Arroyo likes to play hard every day, specially when playing before the numerous puertorican fans from Orlando. We should hope "Pretty Boy" keeps playing hard for his job, increase his trade value, and then trade him for a Big PF. Right?

At least we know now that we can win without "Pretty Boy" but not without Carlos.

Jameer is virtually untradeable right now b/c of the structure of his new contract. He is in the poison pill phase of it given that he is still on his rookie deal.

Interesting Carlos Darwin. Do you by chance know what the Magic's record was in the games Carlos recently missed? I'm not sure how many or which games he was absent.

Stated by Ball Junkie:

quote:
Interesting Carlos Darwin. Do you by chance know what the Magic's record was in the games Carlos recently missed? I'm not sure how many or which games he was absent.
I do not know now exactly, but we kind find out.But I noticed that we started to loose games during Arroyo's injury and that we started to win again after he came back. Nedd to get the statistics later.

I dont know if Arroyo is the right player to give up for Pietrus even though i do want Pietrus cause he brings tons of energy. Plays good defense and doesnt just settle for 3pt shots. Also Bogans has been getting dominated by other sgs in the league lately. Bogans needs to come off the bench cause hes not the quick and he gets tired quickly trying to keep up. Let Pietrus get the most minutes at the 2 guard and let Bogans come in when needed. Evans is backing up Turk and Auggie should be backing Lewis. Even though i feel like Lewis should be our 3 and Turk should be backing up the 3 and 4. Anyways i rather have a sg rotation of Pietrus and Bogans than what we have now. Ive been stating our sgs are getting killed and thats a problem. Pietrus is an upgrade and we should attempt getting him and a Big man if we can.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

I dont know if Arroyo is the right player to give up for Pietrus even though i do want Pietrus cause he brings tons of energy. Plays good defense and doesnt just settle for 3pt shots. Also Bogans has been getting dominated by other sgs in the league lately. Bogans needs to come off the bench cause hes not the quick and he gets tired quickly trying to keep up. Let Pietrus get the most minutes at the 2 guard and let Bogans come in when needed. Evans is backing up Turk and Auggie should be backing Lewis. Even though i feel like Lewis should be our 3 and Turk should be backing up the 3 and 4. Anyways i rather have a sg rotation of Pietrus and Bogans than what we have now. Ive been stating our sgs are getting killed and thats a problem. Pietrus is an upgrade and we should attempt getting him and a Big man if we can.

I rather have this lineup:

Arroyo

Pietrus

Lewis

Turkoglu

Howard

Turk probaly is a better post defender than Lewis is so they need to swap positions. Pietrus brings alot of energy and should mostly focus on guarding the opponents best scorer. Also hes a slasher which Arroyo should love since he doesnt have 1 in the starting lineup now. That gives us a bench of:

Nelson

Bogans

Evans

Augie

Foyle

Foyle and Auggie plays great together and should probaly remain playing together. Nelson would be considered the go to guy in the lineup and he can do whatever he wants. He still have 1 spotup shooter and 1 slasher and 2 bigs in their for rebounds. I think we should go for Pietrus since were not gonna go for Tmac. Even though I would still go for the McGrady anyday.

I don't know exactly how the salary cap stuff works out..

But I think Redick would be GREAT in Golden State. They shoot threes like crazy and are already the worst defensive team in the league. LOL sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

Why would you even consider trying to trade Carlos right now? 1. Have you seen this Magic team without him? 2. Have you seen this Magic team with him, even just backing up Jameer, let alone starting? 3. Have you seen Keyon Dooling (not) run the backup point at any time this season!?

So you want to trade our borderline PG starter for a guy who can't even crack Golden State's steady rotation. Not Stephen Jackson, not Monta Ellis, not Matt Barnes, but Mikael Pietrus. Not to mention we already have 57 shooting guards on our roster already. Yeah that makes total sense.

If this were to happen it would have to be for SGs we already have and/or someone deep on our bench as a salary cap-matching throw in. Redick, Dooling, Evans, Garrity, Cook, heck I'd even trade Bogans before Carlos right now. I wouldn't even think about trading Jameer because his value has to be pretty low right now.

You guys with your trade ideas need to think about the other team and what they'd be willing to do themselves. It takes two to tango.