Sign in to follow this  
MagicPrimoz

Great year for The orlando Magic but we must improve to become a solid Contender

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPrimoz:

What do we do? We keep letting the bulls run over us when we desperately needed some defensive stops. The bulls score an average of 94 points per game and ended up with 110 points.

I would counter by saying that allowing 96 points in regulation after giving up 14 offensive rebounds isn't that bad. Defensive rebounding needed some help for sure, but overall the defense wasn't horrible.

If you told me before the game the Magic would have 9 turnovers and the Bulls would have 14 offensive rebounds and 85 FG attempts by the end of 4 quarters, but would still only have 96 points, I'd take that every time.

A win is good. But I prefer them to win early. We make lousy team like Memphis, Bull, Miami, Atlanta looks like a contender.

I prefer we get in early and bury them.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

What do we do? We keep letting the bulls run over us when we desperately needed some defensive stops. The bulls score an average of 94 points per game and ended up with 110 points.

I would counter by saying that allowing 96 points in regulation after giving up 14 offensive rebounds isn't that bad. Defensive rebounding needed some help for sure, but overall the defense wasn't horrible.

If you told me before the game the Magic would have 9 turnovers and the Bulls would have 14 offensive rebounds and 85 FG attempts by the end of 4 quarters, but would still only have 96 points, I'd take that every time.

If we didn't give up that many offensive rebounds then they would have not scored that many points in regulation. We could have won the game easily. They had a good offensive effort from their end by taking advantage of our offensive rebounding.

I think David Steele Mentioned that they scored 22 points off their second chances. We scored 6 which is a big difference. Some nights rebounds go left and right but most of these rebounds were hot potatoes. Unacceptable by any means.

The bulls almost shot the ball 100 times in the game and only made barely 40 of them. We were 50 percent from the field which is a big difference.

quote:

If we didn't give up that many offensive rebounds then they would have not scored that many points in regulation. We could have won the game easily. They had a good offensive effort from their end by taking advantage of our offensive rebounding.

I think David Steele Mentioned that they scored 22 points off their second chances. We scored 6 which is a big difference. Some nights rebounds go left and right but most of these rebounds were hot potatoes. Unacceptable by any means.

The bulls almost shot the ball 100 times in the game and only made barely 40 of them. We were 50 percent from the field which is a big difference.

That's exactly my point. Rebounding was the problem, not necessarily getting defensive stops. I thought the effort on defense was adequate. Just too many missed rebounds.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:

That's exactly my point. Rebounding was the problem, not necessarily getting defensive stops. I thought the effort on defense was adequate. Just too many missed rebounds.

I also thought that not getting some time for James Augustine out there was a gamble from James Van gundy. We need James to help on the perimeter and rebounds. Our line up is not solid on the defensive end. Their forwards had some big points against us in the perimeter.

quote:

There are great things that we do as a team but there are bad things that we always do most of our nights that needs to improve. Putting a struggling player physically and mentally in and out does not do well for our team.

From a player perspective there are up and downs and a way to manage that is to provide great coaching. Stan Van Gundy needs to improve as a coach and handle situations when they are needed. We have had a struggling Jameer Nelson and its taken quite an awful amount of games for him to bench him. He was bench in the last 2 games and back today in a scoring role for us to help us win the game. Arroyo has a much better control of the floor when he is there and that is something Stan Van Gundy needs to focus on. Whoever struggles, there will always be someone to replace him with. Great players don't struggle in long stretches, great players come back and work harder.

Today against the bulls we went into overtime when there was no clear need to be in overtime. The coach had a physically banged up Hedo struggling with his shot and a bad elbow. We should not have given up that many points against the bulls from the outside and specially in the inside. Stan Van Gundy could have replaced hedo with James at some point during the game to help Dwight on the Perimeter with offensive and defensive Rebounds. To better ilustrate this fact let's take a look at the bulls and the magic Rebounding. The bulls were able to stay competitive not because of the play of Gordon but because of their offensive rebounding.

Ben Wallace is known as a great rebounder and so is Dwight Howard, both are great rebounders.

Ben Wallace Offensive Rebounding 5

The rest of is team offensive Rebounding 12

Ben Wallace Defensive Rebounding 7

The rest of his team 23

Dwight Howard Offensive Rebounding 5

Rest of his Team 5

Dwight Howard Defensive Rebounding 17

Rest of his Team: 14

Ok we have a Hedo Turkuglu struggling from 7-19 through most of the game with a banged up elbow. There we are getting killed on boards by an average rebounding team.

Smith and Deng obviously outscoring our Forwards and outrebounding our forwards.

Ok we are struggling defensively and getting boards. Hedo is struggling badly with his shot due to some injuries and Stan Van Gundy does not put James Augustine in to help on defense and with boards. The bulls literaly scored 24 points off their offensive rebounds.

Stan took a gamble but what if our shots weren't going in? We would have ended up getting outscored and there would have not been overtime or we could have made key defensive stops and the game would not have been sent to overtime. A struggling bulls team almost beat us. Things that we can live but things we can't get away with against Pistons, Suns, etc.

I am happy we won but we are struggling in phases of our game where we don't need to.

I havent posted in a while. To be honest, I have been getting frustrated with some of the posters on this board. And if I had to post a response to every idiotic thread, thought or opinion put on this board by Magic Fans that thinks:

Im going to root for the Magic because they are winning and its so exciting, I think I will join the Magic Message Board and talk with other Magic fans about how much I suddenly like the Magic now that they are winning; Im so cool cause now I like the Magic but as soon as they lose Im going to talk about how much they suck and how they should play better and why dont they hire me to be the Basketball Stragegist because obviously I know everything about how the Magic SHOULD play and how they should substitute. I only flip burgers or program software, but I obviously know more than the people who have been doing this their entire lives and get paid millions for doing so. I know so much more than SVG, if only they would hear me say, "Put in James Augustine!" they wouldnt have gone into overtime

...Kinda fans.

Well, this "highly intelligent" thread brought me out of my seclusion.

Ok, MagicPrimoz, I will try and keep this short. Until you contribute something to this message board that increases its integrity, you dont deserve a drawn out response.

"STAN VAN GUNDY NEEDS TO IMPROVE AS A COACH"

Wow. Just wow. SVG replaced Nelson with Arroyo in today's game because he saw JN struggling. And did you see what happened? Im guessing you either A) Did see that Arroyo played great and that Nelson led the team in scoring; and just chose to ignore this and post a ridiculous thread anyway. Or B) Have no idea what you are talking about.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, either way...saying SVG needs to improve his coaching is gosh darn idiotic.

SVG could have replaced Hedo with James at some point...."

What world do you live in??! Thank GOD you are not the coach. Before reading this statement, I didnt quite understand why you thought SVG could coach better. Now, I fully understand. You make Forrest Gump look like Albert Einstien.

There is NO GAME in which James Augustine would replace Hedo. Hedo is Mr. Fourth Quarter. It doesnt matter if he struggled during the game. He still steps it up at the end of the game. Did you see tonights game? Do you find yourself wondering why SVG gave Hedo the ball at the end of the game? or were you preoccupied with figuring out the whole "breathing" thing? Hedo has won so many games for us in the 4th. The moment you claimed that SVG should have replaced him with James Augustine, I put you right behind my 11 month old son when it come to basketball strategy.

The Bulls average 94 points and ended up having 110 points"

You DO know the game went into overtime, right? I think that contributed to them scoring that many points. Did you JUST become a basketball fan? or was it just this year? Because if you watched the NBA last year, you would know the Bulls are ALOT better than their record. Something isnt gelling with them right now, but they still have incredible talent. Loul Deng is one of the brigh young players, Ben Gordon, Andre Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Dohon, etc...

They have player. Them making the game a tight one isnt an embarrasment for the Magic. Its not like the local High School's JV squad took us to OT. Please, I hope you are writing all this down.

Stan took a gamble, but what if our shots werent going in?"

Just when I thought the thread couldnt get any more retarded....

Yes, what if our shots didnt go in? What if we didnt get any rebounds. What if we turned it over ever other possesion?

We would have lost the game IF we did a lot of things wrong. The fact remains, our shots DID go in. We won the game.

The entire team had a very even, all around good game.

It amazes me that we can have a great win against a quality opponent and STILL we get extremely dumb threads being posted by so called Magic Fans who obviously either dont know SQUAT about basketball, or recetly escaped from Shady Acres Mental Hospital.

This is not intended to insult, only to educate. I hope you have learned something today.

TheGodfather

Well people like you just post without thinking. If you read your post its nothing filled with insults and contradictions. Hey at least I'm not the one getting mad and hot in here. I guess I will fire back.

Ok, MagicPrimoz, I will try and keep this short. Until you contribute something to this message board that increases its integrity, you dont deserve a drawn out response.

What brought you from seclusion is just a bad day at your job in mcdonalds. I guess taking care of Customers and having a hard earned greased day made you irate.

Wow. Just wow. SVG replaced Nelson with Arroyo in today's game because he saw JN struggling. And did you see what happened? Im guessing you either A) Did see that Arroyo played great and that Nelson led the team in scoring; and just chose to ignore this and post a ridiculous thread anyway. Or B) Have no idea what you are talking about.

We have beaten teams with losing records in this stretch. Saying that Van Gundy doesn't need to improve just means that either you had a bone to pick or that you are not understanding my concept. Just because we have won these games doesn't mean he doesn't need to improve. Thank's for the compliment though.

What world do you live in??! Thank GOD you are not the coach. Before reading this statement, I didnt quite understand why you thought SVG could coach better. Now, I fully understand. You make Forrest Gump look like Albert Einstien.

Great job at spelling Einstein lmao. Well Einstien it makes perfect sense to add James to the lineup. Hedo is struggling, shot about a 30 percent from the field. He made a couple of bad passes through the game. Never said to bench him in a permanent way but due to the fact that we were having issues on the boards and defense. It tells you that we could have put James in to help on the boards. We were struggling with rebounds and the bulls were taking advantage of that by putting in 22 second chance points. Hedo is a great player but we almost lost the game because of our inability to defend the perimeter and getting those boards. We replace him with Rashard Lewis most of the time but Rashard was having a very consistent night with 6 assists, was making shots as well and had no health issues at that point. Never said to replace him completely out of the line up, you are just stirring things obviously.

You DO know the game went into overtime, right? I think that contributed to them scoring that many points. Did you JUST become a basketball fan? or was it just this year? Because if you watched the NBA last year, you would know the Bulls are ALOT better than their record. Something isnt gelling with them right now, but they still have incredible talent. Loul Deng is one of the brigh young players, Ben Gordon, Andre Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Dohon, etc...

Um what does going on overtime has to do with us Giving up 110 points. We still gave up those 110 points regardless. Might as well not count stats in overtime Einstien HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

The bulls are what they are, a .375 record team. The talent is there but that doesn't change that they are a bad team now. No matter how bad an nba team is, they are still professional basketball players that have the skill to play within this level.

Just when I thought the thread couldnt get any more retarded....

Great win against a quality opponent? You mean a team that is below .400 and within the .300 range?

I'm sure rebounds mean something to you huh?

Not an insult but to educate? You couldn't even spell einstein dude.

Thanks for your contribution Godfather. I hope you have a happy New years. I'm not sure how you educated me but it was more of I'm a tough dude in a forum front.

We cant afford for our sgs to give up so many points every game. If we had a player that could play good hard nose defense on any of the sgs we faced then we couldve easily won by 10-15pts. Thats a major problem to me.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

We cant afford for our sgs to give up so many points every game. If we had a player that could play good hard nose defense on any of the sgs we faced then we couldve easily won by 10-15pts. Thats a major problem to me.

And thats were Ariza shouldve fit in best. We gotta find us another player like him since we let him go. The 3 sgs we have now cant get the job done. In the last 5 games they are giving up 34.8ppg. Thats terrible and they suppose to be defensive stoppers. We mightis well put Redick in then. We need another defensive type hustle guy that can guard the 2 or 3 positions.