Sign in to follow this  
umut

All-Star Balloting Second Returns Announced

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

You know as soon as he has an off night or two the threads will come alive with 'I knew Hedo couldn't keep it up' comments.

Yep

It's great to see that Dwight still has double the votes of Shaq, ha ha... and I agree with you guys. How could the coaches not pick Big Z, Jermaine O'Neal, or Sheed over Shaquille to back up Dwight??

Heck even Bogut's had a better first half of the season than Shaq has! You could also make the same argument for Okafor. Pretty sad, really. The bigger they are, the harder they get divorced I guess.

As far as the forwards, wow! Hedo's 7th, and he should really be 6th ahead of Yi, of course.

Unfortunately I have to agree, I don't think Hedo will get a coaches pick unless there are injuries. How many forwards overall make the roster?? I'd have to rank them: 1. LeBron. 2. KG. 3. Pierce. 4. Bosh. 5. Caron Butler. 6. Turk.

I think the worst thing that happened to Turk was Arenas getting hurt, because Caron turned super-human ever since and is carrying Washington to a better than .500 record.

As far as the rest of it..

Eastern guards. Wade and Kidd still lead the pace, although I still think Ray Allen deserves to start over Wade. But since Wade should be 100% and his old self by the all-star game, it's all good. Billups has to back Kidd up, and Allen obviously better make the team.

Western Centers. Yao & Amare are still 1 and 2 as it should be, although Dampier still having more votes than Camby is one of the great mysteries of our times.

Western Forwards. How is Carmelo getting more votes than Duncan, Dirk, Boozer, Josh Howard, and Shawn freggin' Marion? Especially when he's not even the best player on his team this season? Quite frankly I don't even think he should make the team. Duncan and Boozer deserve to start while Dirk, Howard, and Marion (if there's room for him) deserve to back them up.

By the way, can the Melo voters vote for Camby while they're at it, at least?

Western Guards. T-Mac doesn't deserve to be starting ahead of Nash, Iverson, OR Manu Ginobli at all. But he's been all-star bulletproof since about his 3rd year, so it's not a shock.

However Chris Paul being eighth in voting is just ridiculous. The public caught up on Dwight, hopefully Paul is next on everyone's radar since his production on the floor this season matches nearly anyone in the whole league, point guard or otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

It's great to see that Dwight still has double the votes of Shaq, ha ha... and I agree with you guys. How could the coaches not pick Big Z, Jermaine O'Neal, or Sheed over Shaquille to back up Dwight??

Heck even Bogut's had a better first half of the season than Shaq has! You could also make the same argument for Okafor. Pretty sad, really. The bigger they are, the harder they get divorced I guess.

As far as the forwards, wow! Hedo's 7th, and he should really be 6th ahead of Yi, of course.

Unfortunately I have to agree, I don't think Hedo will get a coaches pick unless there are injuries. How many forwards overall make the roster?? I'd have to rank them: 1. LeBron. 2. KG. 3. Pierce. 4. Bosh. 5. Caron Butler. 6. Turk.

I think the worst thing that happened to Turk was Arenas getting hurt, because Caron turned super-human ever since and is carrying Washington to a better than .500 record.

As far as the rest of it..

Eastern guards. Wade and Kidd still lead the pace, although I still think Ray Allen deserves to start over Wade. But since Wade should be 100% and his old self by the all-star game, it's all good. Billups has to back Kidd up, and Allen obviously better make the team.

Western Centers. Yao & Amare are still 1 and 2 as it should be, although Dampier still having more votes than Camby is one of the great mysteries of our times.

Western Forwards. How is Carmelo getting more votes than Duncan, Dirk, Boozer, Josh Howard, and Shawn freggin' Marion? Especially when he's not even the best player on his team this season? Quite frankly I don't even think he should make the team. Duncan and Boozer deserve to start while Dirk, Howard, and Marion (if there's room for him) deserve to back them up.

By the way, can the Melo voters vote for Camby while they're at it, at least?

Western Guards. T-Mac doesn't deserve to be starting ahead of Nash, Iverson, OR Manu Ginobli at all. But he's been all-star bulletproof since about his 3rd year, so it's not a shock.

However Chris Paul being eighth in voting is just ridiculous. The public caught up on Dwight, hopefully Paul is next on everyone's radar since his production on the floor this season matches nearly anyone in the whole league, point guard or otherwise.

Man i couldnt agree more on your comments

Its pitiful that our players (other than D12) do not get enough support.

Hedo with only 121,000 and Shard with 116,000 votes. If 10000 people voted for 40 days everyday, that would give them 400,000 which would be enough for them