Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Somebody just Slammed on a *****

Did anyone see the elevation and the slam somebody got today. He just slammed right on Raja Bell like he was ****. There goes that theory that he lost his explosion on offense.

Just posted it here because "THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT WOULD SPARK OUR TEAM". Remember, everytime somebody did this, we were 7-0. When he did this, we were on a win streak.

Ariza posters live on!!!

Did anyone see the elevation and the slam somebody got today. He just slammed right on Raja Bell like he was ****. There goes that theory that he lost his explosion on offense.

Just posted it here because "THIS WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT WOULD SPARK OUR TEAM". Remember, everytime somebody did this, we were 7-0. When he did this, we were on a win streak.

Ariza posters live on!!!

O dub, man i saw it. You see Ariza started today. But for real, man stop starting these Ariza threads cause it pisses me off more and more that Otis didnt use him right and let him go for nothing. Fukk Otis dumbazz, Ariza gets rebounds and plays good defense.

He also threw one down on grant hill which should have been an offensive foul but the ref was in so much awe he awarded him a 3pt play in which ariza missed the ft(surprise).

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

He also threw one down on grant hill which should have been an offensive foul but the ref was in so much awe he awarded him a 3pt play in which ariza missed the ft(surprise).

Yea i saw that too. Grant LOL tried to draw the charge.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:

Dunking on people is called not being soft. Sorry Everyone, couldn't resist starting a thread about it. It reminded me of the good times.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

Dunking on people is called not being soft. Sorry Everyone, couldn't resist starting a thread about it. It reminded me of the good times.

Dub, to be honest i started to start this same thread but you beat me to it. See how Phil using Ariza, not to be a SHOOTER, but to be out there hustling for points, rebounds and play good defense and we shouldve used him the same way. Thats what pisses me off the most. Oh yea D Fisher wife fine as hell.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

Dub, to be honest i started to start this same thread but you beat me to it. See how Phil using Ariza, not to be a SHOOTER, but to be out there hustling for points, rebounds and play good defense and we shouldve used him the same way. Thats what pisses me off the most. Oh yea D Fisher wife fine as hell.

Thats exactly what he was meant to be used for and yet he's called a situational player here. Ariza's offense is really slashing and dunking but did it work? Hell yes.

The way the Lakers distribute the ball to Ariza looks even more impressive. Just saw who I thought was Lamar Odom jump in the air to shoot but he passed it to Ariza for the open dunk. If dunking is Ariza's offense, what is Dwight's?

you look at the composition of our team and we need a driver/slasher/isolation/get and make free throw player. trevor isnt that, he didnt fit in with the first unit and hes not a reliable enough offensive player to be counted on for the 2nd unit.

Our brilliant coach could not find a way to get Ariza in the game but he could for Pat. But the lakers think he is good enough to start. SVG is missing something, I don't think he can evaluate talent properly. The argument that he didn't fit and Pat did is a fricking joke.

quote:

Thats exactly what he was meant to be used for and yet he's called a situational player here. Ariza's offense is really slashing and dunking but did it work? Hell yes.

The way the Lakers distribute the ball to Ariza looks even more impressive. Just saw who I thought was Lamar Odom jump in the air to shoot but he passed it to Ariza for the open dunk. If dunking is Ariza's offense, what is Dwight's?

Question: Isn't the way Ariza was used (or not used) here vs. the way he is used in LA comparing apples to oranges? It just seems to me that it would be different because the focal points are different. Ours is Dwight, a post player and theirs being Kobe, a create for himself guard.

If Kobe is setting up a bit outside the box and drawing his double teams and the defense to him, wouldn't that create more space for Ariza to clean up than it would for him here in Orlando, where Dwight is set up in the post and drawing everyone to him inside? I don't get how you all are saying he could have been used the same way here. I don't see what you all see, and don't agree that we would be better off if Ariza was still here.