Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

WE NEED a trade....

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I don't know enough about college, so is there a PF that's a Balkman type maybe that'll be there around 18th-25th in the first round of next year's draft?

Being one real big man short is hurting the Magic more day after day.

Hell lets just trade for Balkman then

Yeah, we need a deeper bench. The starters are pretty good, but they can't carry the entire load alone. Either someone on our bench needs to step up when the starter step off, or we need to get new people in there.

I say we get a pf like Nick Collison who can defend and rebound also has a mid range jumper and start him at the 4 move Lewis to the 3 and have Turk give us 30+mins off the bench giving us bench scoring. Our forwards positions should be rotated with Turk Lewis and Collison. Nobody else.

Wow. Not only is SVG ripping the team but so is Greg Anthony on ESPN. Anthony says we are too soft b/c we start two SFs, which doesn't allow us to control the paint or the glass. He said we are one of the worse defensive rebounding teams in the league. Looks like Otis' experiment of starting Rashard and Hedo together is fizzling out very fast.

Either we trade Hedo or Rashard or one of them needs to come off the bench. To me, it's that simple. And the problem is Hedo is significantly outplaying Rashard right now and has earned the right to start. What will Otis and SVG do?

And oh, who is Otis' favorite player after D12? According to various sources, I've heard it's Hedo. How about those apples?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Wow. Not only is SVG ripping the team but so is Greg Anthony on ESPN. Anthony says we are too soft b/c we start two SFs, which doesn't allow us to control the paint or the glass. He said we are one of the worse defensive rebounding teams in the league. Looks like Otis' experiment of starting Rashard and Hedo together is fizzling out very fast.

Either we trade Hedo or Rashard or one of them needs to come off the bench. To me, it's that simple. And the problem is Hedo is significantly outplaying Rashard right now and has earned the right to start. What will Otis and SVG do?

And oh, who is Otis' favorite player after D12? According to various sources, I've heard it's Hedo. How about those apples?

Soul Bro, you know what, it really doesnt take a genius to see that but somehow Otis dont understand. We are completely soft in the forwards positions and Hedo should come off the bench cause hes the most consistent scorer. He will boost our bench scoring tremendously. I hope Otis see that his 4 shooters and Dwight dumbazz plan doesnt work. 2 small forwards like the soft ones we have will make us look so weak on defense. And that is why were losing now or even in the beginning of the season when we would have a big lead and blow them, that was the reason then also. But Otis just saw that we was winning so he felt like it was no need to address the problem but now its coming back on him. Turk can still get 30mins but he just gonna have to come off the bench. We need a true pf in there and let Lewis play his usual position instead of experimenting him at the pf. It doesnt work. I said during the summer, why would you move Lewis from the 3 position if he was rated the 3rd best sf in the league last season behind Lebron and Mello. Thats where hes more comfortable at and i believe he will show better results once hes back at the 3. Otis you tried but it doesnt work so its time to do whats best for the team. Dont let your ego destroy us completely.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

quote:

Soul Bro, you know what, it really doesnt take a genius to see that but somehow Otis dont understand. We are completely soft in the forwards positions and Hedo should come off the bench cause hes the most consistent scorer. He will boost our bench scoring tremendously. I hope Otis see that his 4 shooters and Dwight dumbazz plan doesnt work. 2 small forwards like the soft ones we have will make us look so weak on defense. And that is why were losing now or even in the beginning of the season when we would have a big lead and blow them, that was the reason then also. But Otis just saw that we was winning so he felt like it was no need to address the problem but now its coming back on him. Turk can still get 30mins but he just gonna have to come off the bench. We need a true pf in there and let Lewis play his usual position instead of experimenting him at the pf. It doesnt work. I said during the summer, why would you move Lewis from the 3 position if he was rated the 3rd best sf in the league last season behind Lebron and Mello. Thats where hes more comfortable at and i believe he will show better results once hes back at the 3. Otis you tried but it doesnt work so its time to do whats best for the team. Dont let your ego destroy us completely.

Me personally i would like to trade for Nick Collison and start him at the 4 then move Lewis to the 3. Have a 3 player rotation of Turk Lewis Collison in both forward positions. Giving all 3 players about 30mins per game and whoever is playing good that night will get more minutes. We need a pg that can rebound and defend. Collison can give you that plus he has a mid range shot.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me personally i would like to trade for Nick Collison and start him at the 4 then move Lewis to the 3. Have a 3 player rotation of Turk Lewis Collison in both forward positions. Giving all 3 players about 30mins per game and whoever is playing good that night will get more minutes. We need a pg that can rebound and defend. Collison can give you that plus he has a mid range shot.

PF not PG my bad.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I don't know enough about college, so is there a PF that's a Balkman type maybe that'll be there around 18th-25th in the first round of next year's draft?

Being one real big man short is hurting the Magic more day after day.

Devon Hardin out of Cal would be nice.

Kevin Love out of UCLA would be my choice though if he decides to enter the Draft.

If Kevin Love decides to go back for his sophomore season though, Richard Hendrix out of Alabama should be the Magic's first and only choice late in the first round.

Love has a nyce inside/out game that would compliment Dwight offensively. I like his attitude, but he has athletic limitations defensively.

Keep an eye on Joey Dorsey of Memphis. No offensive game, but he reminds me a lot of Ben Wallace and has a nasty side.

The only guys I'd like to see here are Artest or Lee. Maybe even lure Charles Oakley into taking a couple million. He'd take a charge and knock someone flat on their behind in a second.