Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Bob Carr Performing Arts Center Question-HELP PLEASE!!

For those of you who have gone here to see a show how good is the seating.

I am getting my wife Wicked tickets for Christmas and I just want to know if there is anywhere I need to avoid or is all the seating pretty good.

The tickets I am looking at are Orchestra left??

Please advice......

I am getting my wife Wicked tickets for Christmas and I just want to know if there is anywhere I need to avoid or is all the seating pretty good.

Please advice......

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Please advice......

You won't have much of a choice, I went on to get tix for Wicked on Sat and all that was left was orchestra.

I've sat back there and it isn't the best but it's not terrible. I've heard the show is great so it should make up for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Please advice......

I've seen Wicked for the past 2 years in Tampa, and it is an excellent production...im not a HUGE theatre fan, but i liked this one...its not necessarily "bust-a-gut" funny, but it is pretty funny, and the plot is good too...

i'll tell you, it also depends on the cast that you see...the first year, they were excellent, the 2nd, not so much...

as for the Bob Carr, theres really not a TERRIBLE seat in the house...you can pretty much see everything from anywhere...but its alot better when you're up pretty close to the action...it can get a little boring up in the balcony...

phew...yall probably didnt know i was a theatre goer, did ya??

Yeah, at Carr, there's really not any "good" or "bad" seats - I say avoid the extreme sides and really up close to the stage, but that's with all concert halls. But the lack of a middle aisle will make things interesting...

Thank you for the help everyone. I got taken to the cleaners by StubHub but I have been promising my wife we would go for like 4 years now. We went to go when we were in NYC this summer but the only tickets left were front row for like $700 a piece or something crazy like that so we saw Chicago instead.

Anyway I appreciate the help...