Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Trade Idea w/ Lakers

Just to add more to the list of trade ideas:

Rashard Lewis for Lamar Odom and Javaris Crittenton (or Ronny Turiaf)

Kobe would get his all-star sidekick. We would get a very versatile PF who can pass, rebound, bang, knows Stan's system, and has only two years left on his contract. Plus, we would get a tall, young pg with loads of upside who is good friends with D-Ho or a young banger. This trade would give us defense, flexibility, and balance.

Thoughts?

Just to add more to the list of trade ideas:

Rashard Lewis for Lamar Odom and Javaris Crittenton (or Ronny Turiaf)

Kobe would get his all-star sidekick. We would get a very versatile PF who can pass, rebound, bang, knows Stan's system, and has only two years left on his contract. Plus, we would get a tall, young pg with loads of upside who is good friends with D-Ho or a young banger. This trade would give us defense, flexibility, and balance.

Thoughts?

My young Padawan Bro Skywalker... it's not a bad trade at all, i will say decent because Odom is more an all-around player when in the other hand Lewis just shoots 3 after 3 ... but that's only you and me. Otis will not make this trade ONLY beacause he will look like the dumb GM who overpayed a good ( not great ) player to trde him at mid-season. May the Force be with you..

(Whispers .. i am your fa....)

Honestly guys, we all know a trade needs to be made. Not just any trade, but one that brings us a pf that can penetrate and play d and a pg that actually combines the skills of jameer and arroyo.

The crazy thing is, this will be the only season that we will have a chance of trading Shard due to his huge contract annual increases.

15 million isn't horrible right now. Other GM's won't need to clear their entire roster to get him. We won't demand 20 million worth of contracts in return. Etc. Etc.

But unfortunately I don't think there is anyway you will see Otis trade Shard. I can't think of a single blockbuster free-agent that's been traded the same year they were brought to their new team. Doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, just beyond unlikely.

The other major problem is that Shard's stock has to be way down right now. For 120 million, you're not supposed to get your team's 3rd leading scorer and a guy that can't rebound or play defense.

Doubt it will happen....unless Otis realizes that it was a mistake to pay him so much now, and would like to somehow redeem himself by getting rid of the guy before its too late....

Looking at the team right now, I don't think it will happen....Either way, I'm not sure I would want Odom.

Look, I'd do anything to unload this guy's huge contract now before he becomes the next Grant Hill. Unload and get a real sidekick for Dwight in the offseason.

Getting a better PG who can run the show is a great idea too.

I am pretty frustrated with these incurring losses, let's hope we steal one from the Rockets tonight.

I still think Lewis is just not being used right....there's hardly any plays ran for him...he is just there and when the balls gets to him for whatever reason he shots it....and he still getting 18-19 pts a game...