Sign in to follow this  
Manu Ginobili

Team

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Super-Fran:

Ola to fans of the Magics. I to be in order to be force forward for Magics the following season. I predominate with Dwight Howard and will send Battie to the stand. Senor Twardzik Is very useful to call me and by message is flowering to my girlfriend.

I am Spain of the domination!

If I see you I will paper cut you to death with a picture of Danny Granger. After I am finished I will then coat you with polyurethane and use you as a department store manaquin for modeling prom dresses.

I am like to conversate with the fans of the Magics. I to death photo of Danny Granger but can has photo of my girlfriend in dress with my name! Go to the Magics!!

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Battie Battie Battie Battie Battie Battie.....

Exactly. A healthy Battie means we're not talking about this at all. That's part of the reason I like the Evans/Cook trade. Evans is an upgrade over Ariza and Cook may or may not work out but it doesn't matter. When Battie comes back next year the PF problem is solved and we won't have to give up a useful contributer for him. Until then, we'll just have to make do.

But Battie IS injured, so we are stuck with no true PF all season, and why do you say whether or not Cook works out matters? We traded Ariza to grab this guy who just likes to shoot threes and play no defense, just like everyone else on the team. Why doesn't it matter?

I'm going to step out on a limb and give Cookie a fair chance.

The guy was definitely out of shape when he got here. However, watching the ATL game last night as well as the Indy game, one could see that our man Blarrity looks more svelte and has been pretty active on the court, although he has been missing his shots.

Anyhow... now that he's in better shape conditioning-wise, it's time to give the guy some burn. I'm hoping that Cook has been working his butt off in practice. If Cook can produce good practices, I'm sure SVG will give him rotation time.

If SVG was willing to give GARRITY 20+ mpg for several games at the start of the season, I see no way in heck that SVG won't give BLARRITY the same opportunity if he's having good practices.

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is, we haven't seen enough of Cook to know for sure what we have in the guy. He actually looked very active against Atlanta and had a positive impact on a few plays, including getting a hand on a ball to keep an offensive rebound alive, you know, the one Dwight chucked out to half court once he got his hands on it.

At some point SVG will have to give him some real burn to see what kind of impact he can really have out there.

Oh, and we got EVANS for Ariza along with Cook. We traded Ariza for EVANS and COOK, not just Cook. Get it straight.

Bring back Darko! We need defense and rebounding, stupid not to resign him for a modest contract he got from Memphis. He is what we are lacking. We will regret this throughout the year and will become blatanly obvious in the playoffs. Detroit & Boston will feast on us.

Yea i wanted him back too. Cant remember what he was making when we had him. It seemed like we played better defense with Darko and Howard in the front court. We couldve got Gerald Wallace and brought Darko back. Still had money to spend. Dang Otis.

If you think about it though, they do have to make some adjustments because they've become predictable , but there's bound to be more than a "one game losing streak" or even a "two game losing streak", any team no matter what.. I think people are over-reacting but one thing is for sure. Van Gundy is probably acting as well, all will be just fine..

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

But Battie IS injured, so we are stuck with no true PF all season, and why do you say whether or not Cook works out matters? We traded Ariza to grab this guy who just likes to shoot threes and play no defense, just like everyone else on the team. Why doesn't it matter?

The reason I said it doesn't matter is because I see Cook as the throw in in that trade. Most people see it the other way around, but Evans is clearly a guy that can be beneficial to the team. The way I see it, the trade was Evans for Ariza and Cook thrown in for the injury exception. At least that's what the trade means for the Magic right now. If Cook pans out and becomes productive, fine. If not, it's not that big of a deal. Battie will be back next year and can provide what everyone is saying we're lacking. We're not winning a championship this year, and you guys shouldn't expect that. But we're building toward something that has the potential to be really good for a really long time.

I'm siding with MilitaryMagic on this one. Let's give Cook a chance over the rest of the season and see what he can do.

As for Darko, his agent had a big part in us not signing him. He was pissed that Orlando went after Lewis first and not Darko. After that point, it was basically impossible to sign him. His agent grandstanded and Darko ended up with a lesser contract because of it. It's the same thing that happened to DeShawn Stevenson two years ago, although to a lesser degree. I too wish the Magic had resigned Milicic, but his agent made that impossible.

I would have liked to also see what darko could have done next to dwight BUT I don't know if you guys watch highlights from the grizzlies last game, darko still looked lost on defense and it was so bad they pointed it out and were still picking at him. he still has yet to develop. would he been able to better with dwight, possibly but right now his development on int. defense and rebounds from the pf position(which is what we need most in my opinion) we would not get from darko.