Sign in to follow this  
meloanthony6592

Is Rashard Lewis one of the most underrated players in the NBA??

i do think hes a bit underrated, you cant rate him just because the money he makes, cuz we all know hes not the only overpaid player in the NBA. He can get the job done, he might be cold at first in games but he will creep back into it and end up with 24 pts.

quote:
Originally posted by meloanthony6592:

First, Rashard Lewis is an All-Star. Ever since he came to orlando, the team became a powerhouse and started winning lots of games. But why are all the attentions still on Dwight Howard??? Yeah Dwight is playing like a monster this season and starting to become the next Shaq. But why all Dwight?? They should turn all their attentions to Rashard, because if the magic continued playing this way, Rashard has a chance of winning the MVP.

RASHARD 4 MVP!!!!!!!!!!

no....

hedo is underrated.

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evil:

Personally, I have always found him to be overrated.

You must hang out in some very informed basketball circles. Rashard was practically an unknown in Seattle, hence the underrated tag... I'm not sure a player can be overrated if he's not getting any hype in the first place.

I mean, I know I'm not telling you anything new here, but I'm still making my point.

Totally agree. I remember hearing about shard when he came into the league then nothing. Seattle might as well be an island when it comes to basketball. Before they got rid of shard/got durant, seattle was never mentioned in the nba barely ever.

he was well known around the league...he was an allstar afterall...a lot of magic fans just dont pay attention.

i always considered him to be the beneficiary of ray allen. i dont know if you can call that overrated...but he needs someone else to take the attention off of him in order to be effective. the short time that he played w/o allen at the end of the last year, he got a lot of points, yes, but shot a poor percentage. basically taking points away from other team mates. also, they didnt win at the end of last season either with him being the man.

hes a very good shooter, but what else?

In the early part of this season? Absolutely not. He's been overshadowed by Dwight and arguably outplayed by Turk. So far he's mainly been a shooter; he makes big shots but he doesn't even look like an all-star as of now.

stan needs to figure out his role. Put that heafty contract to work. He's great but hes not like kobe or anything where he can create consistantly. but thats on him. He needs to sit with stan and the team and truely find out where he fits in. he looks kinda lost out there right now in my opinion. I think we will see what rashard truely has to offer at the earliest after the all star break and most definatly by the start of the next season. remember he didnt have that much time to mesh with the team before the season started. Id like to see our set up ran with the ball in his hands more then dwight. i dont agree with us forcing in to dwight, he is to athletic. i say let dwight work without the ball and exaust the other centers and you will see alot more oportunities open for him. led by rashard in my opinion. Hopefully nelson can come into his own to help the flow of the game so rashard can work his magic! Anyways i believe hes UNDER-RATED!

Yea Tom that sounds like a good idea too. You know what, i used to watch alot of Sonics games and Lewis used to shoot mid range shots, attack the basket more and shoot 3s. Always shot free throws good but now hes with the Magic he just seems so 1 sided to me. Just all 3s. No penetrating or nothing but maybe that has all to do with him adjusting to this team and new players. But i just expect more from him. But hes doing ok so far. I truly feel that we havent saw the real Rashard Lewis yet cause this is an entire different Lewis im seeing now.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evil:

Personally, I have always found him to be overrated.

You must hang out in some very informed basketball circles. Rashard was practically an unknown in Seattle, hence the underrated tag... I'm not sure a player can be overrated if he's not getting any hype in the first place.

I mean, I know I'm not telling you anything new here, but I'm still making my point.

Totally agree. I remember hearing about shard when he came into the league then nothing. Seattle might as well be an island when it comes to basketball. Before they got rid of shard/got durant, seattle was never mentioned in the nba barely ever.

he was well known around the league...he was an allstar afterall...a lot of magic fans just dont pay attention.

He wasn't an all star until 04, before then he was off on his island known as seattle, not exactly getting much mainstream coverage from the nba.