Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

A Keith Bogans thread - Where Redick lovers like to insult & crticize(Andie & Jacklj)

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Richie Audabato calls him Bogan, Munns and Munns.

Ha.

I heard him say that. I LOL @ it all the time but I don't know what it means. Do you know?

If you are from orlando you would know its a law firm.

Wow.. so much in this thread that raises an eyebrow or two.

I will admit that I've been mostly wrong about Keith Bogans... his passing still concerns me at times, but I think his role on the roster, Mo Evans' role on the roster, and yea, J.J. Redick's role on the roster are all near-perfect.

Do I think Bogans is the future at SG for the Magic? Quality-wise? Nope. But in this system, yes. What I mean is that we don't need a Kobe Bryant on this team. That's Rashard, Dwight, and Hedo's job on this team to score in bunches. As long as Bogans' spot up three-ball is falling and he keeps playing defense like he has the past week, then that's fine, that's great.

Hopefully he can stop torch-fests like what Michael Redd & Leandro Barbosa did to him earlier this season to a minimum, then you can't really ask for much more in SVG's system than what he's giving. Mo Evans, to me, really rounds the rotation out and gives the 2nd unit the extra punch it needs with his D and energy... and J.J. gives the shooting lift in limited burn that he can provide. You guys can say what you want about him, but everyone's defense changes when Redick steps on the floor, especially against 2nd unit guys.

I don't want Bogans, Evans, Redick, Jameer, or Carlos going anywhere. Everyone is playing to their roles.

Then there's Keyon Dooling. Eh, don't get me started.... at least he's making his mid-range shots right now.

But yeah, Keith Bogans is a top 100 player in the NBA right now. What more can you ask for?

Read two pages before I realized how old the thread was.

Thanks BJ!

Keith paid for his entire contract just with those two threes tonight.

A good guy to have in your BENCH.

Junkie-Once again it was not necessary to revive an old thread where there was a lot of backbiting when you could have started a new one. It's just stoking the fire.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Old threads are still good!

Go Magic!!!

Nice timing to revive this one, and proves your foreseeing too. Yeah we all appreciate what Keith has done yesterday, he was the reason we were still in the game with a minute to go.

The word to describe Bogans is inconsistent. You never know which Bogans is going to show up to the game. He's had two good games. But he didn't have 80+ good games. He was in the right place at the right time. He's mediocre at best but not part of the Magic's future. When he's done, they'll let him go. I'd take Mo Evans over Bogans anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

To the Duke(J.J.) fans who have filtered into this thread with negative comments, which I figured.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. I was just happy for the guy which is why I pulled the thread up. He has been playing good, hard-nosed defense all stinkin year! Is he mediocre? probably. Is he inconsistent? Only on the offensive side of the ball as lately he had been struggling from behind the arc. He didn't look confident and in the playoffs, that is not good.

Not anymore!!! Those were huge 3's he knocked down!! Two in a friggin row!!!

For what he gets paid(a little over 2 million) and for how Stan uses him(still getting starter type minutes) he is a "TOTAL" bargain.

Yeah, Mo Evans is a better player, no doubt. But who plays the 4th quarter of just about every stinkin Magic game? Who does Stan trust to play team ball and do the little things that makes a team successful?

Keith Bogans!