Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

How fantastic was Carlos Arroyo tonight?

Arroyo can be a great back up, if he accepts being a back up. He has to stop trying to be the center of the game and start controlling the game with his passing.

He has the ability, maybe with Van Gundy he will find his way.

Yes he explodes from the floor youre right!...He was waived before this season started. He wanted to becme part of the Puertorrican National team but there was a rumor that he wanted a guarateed playing time. But the national team executives could not guarateed that to him cause there is Arroyo and Barea that already paid their dues!!

quote:
Originally posted by mamerpr:

Yes he explodes from the floor youre right!...He was waived before this season started. He wanted to becme part of the Puertorrican National team but there was a rumor that he wanted a guarateed playing time. But the national team executives could not guarateed that to him cause there is Arroyo and Barea that already paid their dues!!

Probably most of the hispanics that make it to the NBA can't jump that much, but there are guys like Guillermo that can. Guillermo is a SG basically, but is undersized for the NBA (like 6'2"), so I think he was turning into a PG.

There are players in PR that can jump, but problably lack other skills to make it in the NBA.

You guys are a little sensitive. There are plenty of white guys with hoops & I'm sure there are some Hispanics with hoops. First of all, it's a stereotype. Second of all, there are too many mixed Hispanics for their not to be somebody down their with hoops.

I just happened to watch Arroyo, Navarro, Najera, & Garcia all play in the span of 48 hours and found it interesting that they were all below average athletes who could measure their verticals in single digits. Not something I've ever really thought about considering the lack of Hispancis in pro sports outside of baseball.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

I just happened to watch Arroyo, Navarro, Najera, & Garcia all play in the span of 48 hours and found it interesting that they were all below average athletes who could measure their verticals in single digits. Not something I've ever really thought about considering the lack of Hispancis in pro sports outside of baseball.

How about Manu Ginoboli for a hispanic that can jump?

I am Hispanic and was not offended by it, in fact it was kind of funny. Now on to the topic. I'm glad to see that SVG has been able to temper some of Carlos reckless play. It's good to see that our bench has started to be productive. I'm trying not to get too excited about the team's start, but if this kind of play from our bench becomes consistent we could be in for a very special season.

Hey for the people saying all the media didn't say anything bout Los night, ... ummm

on espn they showed i think it was just one hightlight in where Meer was in the game, maybe 2, every thing else either Los was making some nice passes or was in the game. After the game ended i went to watch sportscenter and the guy was like CA has a monster of a game or something like that.

BTW he had a nice game, any game in where you have a career night in whatever major stat is a better than average game no matter wut!

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

quote:

How about he's not Hispanic.

LOL, do you know where Ginobili is from?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

quote:

How about he's not Hispanic.