Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Poll:More important... Getting to .500 or making the playoffs

Yea, but my thing was if getting to the playoffs was enough to call this season a success, and after thinking it over, yes it would be a success....

Well even if we make the playoffs I consider this year a failure considering we were 13-4 and now we're 32-38...

As long as we surpass that magic number 36 I will be happy.

On the lighter side if I am right the Bulls were in our same situation last year, 32-38 and went on an 8 game spurt to get into the playoffs.

And I honestly see a 7 game winning streak right at our figner tips; two easy road games, and then 4 straight home games.

I was saying for awhile that we would finish 36-46 for the third straight year but I stopped saying it because I wanted to stay optimistic. If we make the playoffs though, I hope we play Cleveland instead of the pistons.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

What would u as Magic fans prefer, that the Magic make the playoffs, or get to .500?

Are you kidding me...????? If we hit .500 then the playoffs would be a given for us.

quote:

Yea, but my thing was if getting to the playoffs was enough to call this season a success, and after thinking it over, yes it would be a success....

So refreshing to see someone start a thread and actually think through the responses and then adjust their opinion. Like a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, I'm glad you're thinking this way because the more I thought about it the more it made me realize that we, as Magic fans have been away from the playoffs so long, we're in a different mindset from the teams that define themselves by what they do in the playoffs.

The pressure in Dallas is the complete oposite I presume. They probably feel that unless they win the Championship, it does not matter how many games they win in the regular season, the year will be a failure.

Hopefully, we'll become a team that defines itself by what they do in the post season.

You're right about thinking about .500, the team needs to perform so we can move our sights in the right direction.

What I meant was what would be more important to you guys whether we made it to .500 or whether we simply made it to the playoffs Dan...

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

quote:

What would u as Magic fans prefer, that the Magic make the playoffs, or get to .500?

Are you kidding me...????? If we hit .500 then the playoffs would be a given for us.

ooops! too late now. He already made a thread and got his buddies on a roll debating it. C'mon you gotta be kidding me, you can't expect him to understand that, his brain would work too hard.. I'd be a waste of time to explain common sense to him, so stats and probability is out of the question.

Well at least I got a couple of laughs out of such a retarded thread, bcause that doesn't happen too often, haha.

Although I voted to making the playoffs, as being more important I do not think of this season as being a success if we make the playoffs. Making the playoffs will be good for this team but being above .500 would have been better since they would have been in the playoffs anyways. BUT since they are not going to get above .500 getting into the playoffs is what is important right now.

This team should have been above .500, the only reason they aren't is the poor coaching. I think if coach Hill had been sick or something and we were able to see this team playing under another coach for a few games things might have looked differently.

The way they ended last season and then the beginning of this season is how they should have been playing all season. Darko should have been starting back in November and JJ should have been getting more minutes once he was no longer hurt.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

quote:

ooops! too late now. He already made a thread and got his buddies on a roll debating it. C'mon you gotta be kidding me, you can't expect him to understand that, his brain would work too hard.. I'd be a waste of time to explain common sense to him, so stats and probability is out of the question.

Well at least I got a couple of laughs out of such a retarded thread, bcause that doesn't happen too often, haha.

Alright now what I meant was what would define success for this season for Magic fans, being .500 or just making the playoffs.

If you think about it does make sense but for you if a thread is not about how much Brian Hill sucks, the thread doesnt make sense.