Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Ariza is not a bench player. If you watched any of the streaming games from the Away teams, they always talk about how he should be in a starting line up some where in the league. If you think Ariza is a bench player I don't think you ever watched a game of basketball in your life.

Well I hate to see trevor go.But he was a bench player for us and hardly got any playing time.We are getting cook who is 6'9" or 6"10" PF that shoots 40% from the three point line,and a guy that can help take the defense off of dwight.I loved trevor but he just did not fit in with what svg wants to do.The more I think about this trade the more I think this was a good trade but only time will tell.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

I don't like this trade right now. Even though Ariza didn't play too much this season, his potential was great. I felt like he could have had a role in the future, or in certain scenarios. We did pick up two decent role players, but I still wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the trade. I hope it works out for hte Magic and for Trevor.

We have 2 allstars on our current team and 2 potential ALlstars. We need players that can support our starting 5 who have been playing exceptionally well for us.

Ariza is not in the Magic's plans. He has not been getting playing time and is not a factor in our record. Please get this in your head.

quote:
Originally posted by JSamsonite:

Hey everyone, First of all, I am a Laker fan, I respect Orlando and I love watching dwight play. I jumped on the forums to do a little research on ariza, I have never seen him play. I started reading some of the posts and figured I would try to help you guys figure out who you got.

Cook - To be honest, us Laker fans are glad to see him go. He is a solid outside shooter, but I get upset everytime I see him on the floor. He is quite lazy and doesnt use his size like he should.

Evans - I am in shock we let Evans go. He is a very good player. He is not as consistant as we hoped he was, but every once in awhile he can drop some buckets on some great defenders and really change the pace of the game. He is a solid defensive player. He loves having the ball, if he gets the ball and starts a dribble, its a good bet hes going to put up a shot.

I hope this helps, I have been watching both of them sense they came to LA, I wish both of them the best of luck and I hope they can help Orlando continue on the path they have been going. (I would love to see orlando beat boston and detroit this year). Im going to kick it on the forums a bit longer and learn a little bit more about trevor, if anyone has any questions about evans/cook, ill be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

thank you very much for the info on these 2 guys.Good luck to you and the lakers.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

But its ok the Magic got ripped off For Ariza? Atleast where giving them a future all star and the all time college leading scorer...

Whether or not he will be a future all star is questionable, and what GM would give up a now all star for one who will possibly be one in 5-7 years and an injury prone bench guy? I just don't get your logic...besides the fact that you really like Ariza.

quote:
For everyone wondering if there is a roster spot open with Gortat being sent to the D-League. The answer is no, Gortat is under contract with the Magic and going to the D-League doesn't open up a roster spot. I suppose that he is being sent down there so scouts can see if he has any talent so he can be part of another trade in the near future.

Thanks... but what about Battie's roster spot? Do we still carry him on our roster all season? I thought the IE allowed us to pick up another player (Cook it seems) to play in his 'spot' for the season?

The Dark Side, you have an Isiah Thomas mentality. Sometimes having a star is not good if the player doesn't fit your team. You can't just keep piling the best players together and expect a championship. How many stars do the Knicks have now and what exactly are they doing thats worthwhile?