Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

So this seems like basically, Evans for Ariza and Brian Cook for the IE.

Basically.

Hey.. we could of gotten a lot worse players than Brian Cook for that IE, we weren't expecting much. I mean what, Michael Doleac?

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Their was no reason for this trade to go down. We have one of the top records in the NBA, and we will win our division. No on expected us to win the championship, and these two players dont help us at all to win one. We traded a lot of upside and a freak of nature for Cook who is a younger Tony Battie, and another PG " We got a PG Jam"

come on man ! re u out of your mind?

We Could Have Traded Ariza to the Kincks for David Lee.

We could have traded Ariza and JJ to the Pacers for J.O'neal.

We should have traded Ariza and JJ to the Lakers and got back Bynum in the deal.

Their was no reason to panic here.

This reminds me of the season Puck Head made the trade Mobley for Christie, we had the best record in the NBA and it screwed up our team. It may not screw up our team now, but in the future we will regret trading t mac 2 for nothing.

come on man ! re u out of your mind? no body will give oneal for those 2 and nobody will give bynum also.. they dont want to make a deal with jason kidd for bynum? r u kidding me? j.oneal for ariza. we are in dream i like ariza too but he s not conturbuting so much for this team and is not fitting to the system. i like his energy defense and monster dunks but if we want to give some breather for starters we need a trade..ARIZA will not resign with us so we got 2 players and i think both of them are solid for our bench! cook is no slow battie. he can shoot the ball well.. evans is man he s so athletic watch the youtube mix that somebody posted upthere. this guys will be helpful for our team, anyways i hate to see ariza going but he s not our systems player and he wants to play..thats it..and you cant get artest oneal or bynum..or even david lee for ariza he s not that level right now and never gonna be..i m sorry for him cause he cant shoot! he works and cant shoot anyway..i wish him the best.

It's a good move.I don't like cook however he cna help us more then pat.evens is a decent player.he may fit sg position very well.this is good because we get nearly nothing from ariza so far,we have hedo and shard so we won't miss him.

Yeah, i'm sure the Knicks want to trade Lee for an energy player they already have.

There is no way in hell that we could get O'neal for JJ and Ariza, please get real. O'neal is an allstar and jj and Ariza aren't.

The lakers have invested a lot into Bynum, the would not get rid of him for Jason Kidd they would never give him up for Ariza and JJ.

This just in...nobody wants Pat Garrity the player, so stop saying "why didn't we give them Garrity." We'll hopefully be able to unload this garbage around the trade deadline because other teams might find his expiring contract valuable--and that's even questionable because he has a trade thing built in where he gets more if traded, but there's little reason for anyone to jump on him before that.

Thanks for the info Jsamsonite glad to hear we got something out of the deal(Evans). As far as Cook goes, exactly what i feared and said earlier, a guy who cant do much but hit an open outside shot. Definitely not a guy that we need on this team. As far as Ariza goes he's a solid player, I dont know about future all star but can definitely bring some energy and defense. Again thanks for posting.

I actually like this trade, and I'm kind of surprised, because Ariza was one of my favorites. But looking at it, we lost a little used bench player, and in return, filled one of our biggest needs.

I've personally had my eye on Brian Cook for the longest time... I always thought he'd be the PERFECT fit for our team. He may not seem like that great of a player, but just think of what he'll do to the opposing team's defense... it's scary.

Maurice Evans is basically an older Trevor Ariza with a better shot... he'll be a strong contributor off the bench (if we keep him).

I'm just glad we have a General Manager that is capable of looking outside of the statsheet and making a move that will not only benefit our franchise superstar, but also the team as a whole. What may look like a bad move to your ordinary stat geek is actually an EXCELLENT move!

Hats off to Otis, and I guess I should tell you to ignore my SIG for a little while.

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Their was no reason for this trade to go down. We have one of the top records in the NBA, and we will win our division. No on expected us to win the championship, and these two players dont help us at all to win one. We traded a lot of upside and a freak of nature for Cook who is a younger Tony Battie, and another PG " We got a PG Jam"

We Could Have Traded Ariza to the Kincks for David Lee.

We could have traded Ariza and JJ to the Pacers for J.O'neal.

We should have traded Ariza and JJ to the Lakers and got back Bynum in the deal.

Their was no reason to panic here.

This reminds me of the season Puck Head made the trade Mobley for Christie, we had the best record in the NBA and it screwed up our team. It may not screw up our team now, but in the future we will regret trading t mac 2 for nothing.

lakers didn't trade bynum for kidd,so noway for jj and ariza.noone gives jermaine for jj and ariza.

When you think about it Evans should balance out the loss of Ariza at least you would think/hope and then you get Cook, a big who can shoot so it isn't the worse trade in the world.

However, I still was thinking that the Otis would trade for a big that was a little more defensive oriented and could help us rebound the ball better probably our biggest weakness. I mean isn't that why we were interested in PJ Brown? I hope Cook can come in put his body on people so if he isn't rebounding it then at least the other team isn't and hit some open shots same with Evans I hope he can play tough D and hit some open shots if they do that its probably a good trade.

For everyone wondering if there is a roster spot open with Gortat being sent to the D-League. The answer is no, Gortat is under contract with the Magic and going to the D-League doesn't open up a roster spot. I suppose that he is being sent down there so scouts can see if he has any talent so he can be part of another trade in the near future.

You all are funny. You are saying the Pacers or Knicks wouldnt want JJ an Ariza maybe throw in carlos now because we got another guard for O'Neal or Lee?

But its ok the Magic got ripped off For Ariza? Atleast where giving them a future all star and the all time college leading scorer...