Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Anymore Jameer Doubters out there?

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

With the exception of Rashard Lewis, SVG pretty much has the same team as last year! O.K. Darko is gone, and so is GHill.....but I did not think we would miss them, and up until this point, not a mention from the press about it either!!!!

!!

Well we're getting killed on the boards in some games, and last year with 2 big men for the first time we were outrebounding teams easily. I'd probably take Rashard's shooting over Darko's rebounding/shot blocking/offense but.. still it's close. Boston was able to hang around because we were getting only one chance in every possession.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
He's still not that great--Rondo is better.

I hope you mean this defensively speaking.

There is just no way Rondo is better than Jameer.

If Rondo is better than Jameer, its got to be the big 3 of the Celtics making him look good, otherwise, there is just no way right now. IMO

Rondo is more pure PG actually and has become a pretty good scorer lately, they both have their strengths and weakness, and they both can still improve, neither is clearly better than the other right now. KG said Rondo would become the best PG in this league.. but I don't know about that either.

LilPenny has said it all along, once Nelson's priority is the team game: passing, keep the rock moving/confusing the opponents instead of dribbling the clock to try to shoot over someone.. he would be much improved. We're witnesing that. Just score when opportunities arise and when the premier shooters are off, Dwight is tired ect.

Of course we coudlnt' expect to see this with Brian Hill. He was the equivalent of a Knappy coaching. BHill was probably telling Jameer go out and "dominate" aka take bad shots.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kite:

Jameer had two critical turnovers at the end of the game that nearly lost it for us, very sloppy passes. He also missed a short J from the baseline at the end that could have cost us the game. When the D tightened up, his play was frustrated. He's still not that great--Rondo is better.

I take some of what you are somkeing.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Do everything you can to get Chris Duhon. The one thing that Jameer will still have issues with is bigger PG's. Luckily there are not a ton of them so you pick up a backup that can defend the bigger ones when you need to.

Aside from that I'm happy with him. He's getting people involved early in the game and getting them the ball in the right places.

and unfortunately that is one thing that Jameer is never gonna be able to fix. Billups and Baron Davis are always going to give him fits. There are a few pretty good defensive backup pgs in the league so maybe Otis can get one this offseason. Or maybe Dooling can become a better distributor (little doubtful on that).

Jameer has been fantastic this year. By far his best season to date.

jameer has made strides - yes....and it will be CRITICAL to the success of the team THIS season that he progress as much DURING THE COURSE OF the season as he did BETWEEN seasons. for this to occur, stan will have to ride him, because jameer is still lapsing into something ill-advised or "lazy" (no offense - it's just a term) too too too often, especially at the end of quarters and/or games. he does not totally view himself correctly yet, but he IS learning. as long as he sees himself in his minds eye as a shooter, he will not fulfill his potential. his shots will come easier, ironically, once he starts to scare people more as a viable assists man. he's not there yet. as for defense, as a defender he, strictly due to his height, is at a disadvantage. the only way to make up for his height is to develope a "defense first" mindset. this is not in his nature. but if he does ever do it, the difference for his OFFENSE will, again ironically, be remarkable. jameer holds all the keys -- and he's GOT TO get his head right. perhaps over the course of the season this will happen. but twice in a row (his) late game turnovers should have caused a loss, but didn't because at the end of the day we can shoot the lights out. he does not match up well at all against bowen, unless he BECOMES a bowen. it's all about what's upstairs.

i have to say that jameer is totally different from last year, he has improved big.not only his assist n to ratio, also the way he play the games push it with out dump it, he is just a brand new player thats is gonna keep this team on the right direction. on the other hand i'm a die hard arroyo fan, but he's just not a good fit for this team anymore, he can't play the only way he know which is him as a captian taking all the decisions because this isn't the P.R. national team where he's the best man on the court thats not the case here. it don't make me feel happy at all cause i want him to shine and make our flag look brighter, there is not 2 many athletes in P.R. that we can brag about beside, him, cotto, trinidad, carlos beltran, etc... so everytime he does something little for team is big 4 us. but because i follow arroyo i got to follow the magic and realize how great this team is and i became little by little more than arroyo fan... a orlando magic fan even if my boy goes to a different team... by the way Howard is just an unstoppable beast... lets go magic!!!!!!!!!!

i'd like to see arroyo v. jameer stats

per-minute-played

i know jameer is playing good lately and orlando is winning, but because i'm an arroyo fan i try always to look for something to sustain that arroyo is better than jameer.

maybe jameer have better stats per-minute-played