Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD...Magic vs Nuggets...We lose 111-101

Turnovers just killed us in this game. They can't expect to win close games turning the ball over 20+ times a game. Jameer led the way but a couple of his were offensive fouls which aren't as bad to me. Turkoglu was probably the worst, he threw some god awful passes that a blind man could have stolen. I won't even comment on the substitution rotations other than to say that it had to be the worst I've seen all year.

Its so frusterating because this is a win that was there for the taking if the guys had just taken care of the ball. We needed this one because the next two will be all but impossible to win.

welcome to orlando coach larry brown, and please don't pull Howard out of the game in the fourth quarter after he had score three times in a row to bring the Magic to within two points. Way to go coach, and by the way can you check the scores over the last five games for the brick mason turk? Also check how many fouls he has because he can't play defense. Coach play the best players. Ask the gm's for all the last place team that coach Hill has been around and they would tell you that he has no game plan and refuse to admit that he made mistakes

ps. coach brown bring two vet points guards with you.

Did anyone know why Brian Hill pulled Darko with about 5 minutes left in the game? He comes back with Garrity who is worthless out there. Darko at 50% is better than Garrity at 100%, I don't understand why Hill is so stupid. Garrity couldn't guard his shadow, let alone Najera.

ANSWER:I believe that Garrity whispered "I love you honey" in Brian's ear about 13 seconds before that; and Hill couldnt resist.

In Garrity's defense he did hit a couple of 3's. A little off topic but did anyone else here the announcers say that the last time Garrity had made a shot was early February? I had to laugh and roll my eyes on that one. Anyways, Garrity did ok but he was absolutely abused by Najera and he hurt us more than he helped us. Unless Darko and Dwight have already fouled out I don't want to see Garrity in the game playing crunch time minutes.

I heard the announcer lol, but in our coach's mind, that "defensive" lineup with Garrity was gonna stop Iverson and Co. He has no clue that since that same lineup produces ZERO offense, the Nuggest don't get in foul trouble. After all, they were still scoring, had we had our best offensive players in there I'm sure we would've won this one, Napoleon once again making a so-so team look like Dallas and our team like an expansion club.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Seriously, do you post about ANYTHING else but Jameer/Arroyo? It seems all you do is talk about Jameer's shortcomings, how about look at your boy. Neither of them are perfect but Jameer is better, and more to the point IS the starter. The quicker you accept that fact the less you will have to talk about it!.

Explain again how Jameer had a "terrible" game?

lol you criticize the guy for being biased against Jameer since you're a Jameer fan who thinks he's is an allstar, a PG and a stater.. your signature is a dead giveaway.

Jameer didnt' have a terrible game "statwise" 16 pts and 6 assists or something like that, but see the game again. Count how many bad shots he took, see his FG%, count how many times he should have passed to Howard/open teammate but didn't, how his defense on AI was weak, etc. Jameer makes some retarded decisions, and Brian Hill says nothing.

This coach for some reason only seems to get angry at Darko, when both Arroyo and Nelson make so many mental mistakes. Darko's mistakes come at execution because he's still raw.

Again, it's not really Arroyo/Nelson's fault, it's Brian who's the one who tells them how to run the offense.

both pg aren't playing as well as they were at the end of last season. but then again, this entire team isn't playing like it was at the end of last season. i'm sure ohters will disagree with me on the pg issure and think that one or both of the pg's are having fantastic seasons. but those are just the blindedbythelight fans.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

lol you criticize the guy for being biased against Jameer since you're a Jameer fan who thinks he's is an allstar, a PG and a stater.. your signature is a dead giveaway.

Jameer didnt' have a terrible game "statwise" 16 pts and 6 assists or something like that, but see the game again. Count how many bad shots he took, see his FG%, count how many times he should have passed to Howard/open teammate but didn't, how his defense on AI was weak, etc. Jameer makes some retarded decisions, and Brian Hill says nothing.

This coach for some reason only seems to get angry at Darko, when both Arroyo and Nelson make so many mental mistakes. Darko's mistakes come at execution because he's still raw.

Again, it's not really Arroyo/Nelson's fault, it's Brian who's the one who tells them how to run the offense.

Please show me when I have said he is an all-star? He should be the starter because he IS better then the other PGs we have.

I am the first to admit that he is not playing well, my point was I only ever see certain posters talk about Arroyo and it gets annoying, just like you talking ONLY about Coach Hill gets annoying as hell.

We all accept that Coach sucks but the constant crap coming out of you about it is getting ridicolous, he is NOT GOING anywhere, Devos etc are in love with him, spamming this board with crap about it is not going to do anything but piss everyone else off!

quote:
Please show me when I have said he is an all-star? He should be the starter because he IS better then the other PGs we have.

He must be one according to the above since he is emphatically better than the other talented guards right? (which is just your opinion). In mine, you're way off.

quote:
We all accept that Coach sucks but the constant crap coming out of you about it is getting ridicolous, he is NOT GOING anywhere, Devos etc are in love with him, spamming this board with crap about it is not going to do anything but piss everyone else off!

I'm not here to please you or anyone. Just expressing my frustration, and I'll continue to do it until things change, even if I don't make any friends on this boards and even if I have to seem "annoying as hell" doing it.

But at least I'm doing something.. what are YOU doing?

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

He must be one according to the above since he is emphatically better than the other talented guards right? (which is just your opinion). In mine, you're way off.

quote:

I'm not here to please you or anyone. Just expressing my frustration, and I'll continue to do it until things change, even if I don't make any friends on this boards and even if I have to seem "annoying as hell" doing it.

But at least I'm doing something.. what are YOU doing?

So honestly, you think Arroyo or Diener should be starting?

Secondly, I am not doing anything because the organisation doesnt listen, coming on to a message board and posting about is going to make NO difference at all!

I defended Hill after the Chicago game, an caught alot of **** for it, but I cant defend him here, he pulls Dwight out when he was the reason we cut the lead to two, Dwight should ahve played the entire 2nd half, the man is 21 he can do it......

AN if he is sitting sit here for 1 minute then get him baq in the game, dont put him in when the game is over......

An JJ, come one, wat has he done is practice to deserve to be riding the pine.....

With 22 games left I hope we can go on a miracle run as we did last year to close out the season,we play almost the same teams as last year.

I'm still amazed that the coaching staff (I should say ONE coach in particular) had the audacity to be making JJ run sprints before the Chicago game. WTH? You could see the kid's frustration and amazement. I'm not one to praise Coach K by any means, but JJ has to be wondering what the hell this coaching staff is doing after coming from a program like Duke.

After watching some of the game last it appeared as though no one cared during the 4th quarter.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

So honestly, you think Arroyo or Diener should be starting?

Secondly, I am not doing anything because the organisation doesnt listen, coming on to a message board and posting about is going to make NO difference at all!

to answer your question, yes I think Diener should be starting as he can do his job (being a PG) better than the other 2. After that I'd play whoever is hotter of Arroyo/Nelson and insert Nelson if we need clutch shooting if Travis D. isn't shooting it well.

Over the long run, you'd see Travis Diener be more consistent.

As to the second part, when I came to the forums a month ago, only about 20-30% max had doubts about B.Hill. Now I'd say over 90% on this board can see he's the biggest obstacle for the team's progress. Was it because of me? I dunno.. and I can't prove it, but the important thing is people have started to open their eyes, so I feel I've accomplished something.

The boards by themselves don't help. But if everyone reading them started calling the Magic, went to the games and expressed their discontent, don't you think the chances for a coaching change could improve?

That way they'll at least see he's not re-connecting with the fans at all (the reason he was hired)..

cheers