Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

The Only Option is to Tank

Greetings all. After some reflection on the season, I think that without a doubt, the best option for this team moving forward is to tank again next season. We control two first round picks next year in a deep draft class, so I think the best option for us is to explore trading AA and BBD. Hopefully we can convince some teams to take Turk or Harrington as well. I think that AA could net us a late lottery pick and with the news about Harrington working out for other teams, I think he could potentially net us an early 2nd as well. Keep in mind that the Cavs control our 2nd rounder this year, so we need to be in the market for additional picks.

Greetings all. After some reflection on the season, I think that without a doubt, the best option for this team moving forward is to tank again next season. We control two first round picks next year in a deep draft class, so I think the best option for us is to explore trading AA and BBD. Hopefully we can convince some teams to take Turk or Harrington as well. I think that AA could net us a late lottery pick and with the news about Harrington working out for other teams, I think he could potentially net us an early 2nd as well. Keep in mind that the Cavs control our 2nd rounder this year, so we need to be in the market for additional picks.

I think that the plan will be to continue developing the young players and that will pretty much ensure a lottery pick next season, if not a top four pick again. So if we could land another lottery pick for AA and Baby, and if we could get something in return for Turk and Harrington, then it would be great considering next year's draft class.

I honestly don't see this team making a push for the play offs next season. The best I can see us doing is finishing with a record like the T-Wolves and Wizards, but no more if we head into the season with a young talented roster. Granted if we were to field a healthy Nelson, AA, and Baby alongside Harris and Vuc, plus any further additions, then that might be enough to push us into outside contention for a play off spot like the Raptors were. But personally I don't see Henny taking that path because he will not want us to be in that awkward position of not being bad enough for a top pick, but equally not being good enough to be a legit contender for the play offs and having our hands tied to 'bad' contracts that restrict the moves we can make. So I think it is pretty safe to say we'll have another 'tanking' season, and then push on in 2014/5 season, unless of course our young roster surprises us... :mellow:

We need to start Turk and play him 40 minutes, and have every play go through him... tank solved!

I actually think that Turk could be of use to a team looking to compete. Golden State comes to mind. I'd let him go for a 2nd rounder honestly.

Lmfao

To be fair there are worse players on play off rosters than Turk, and some declining former decent players. Take the Heat they signed Juwan Howard, James Jones and Rasheed Lewis. Granted only Lewis gets limited minutes but there's a player on a contender that has been going worse every year since leaving Seattle. So if Lewis can find a spot on a team, then a healthy Turk could.

To be fair there are worse players on play off rosters than Turk, and some declining former decent players. Take the Heat they signed Juwan Howard, James Jones and Rasheed Lewis. Granted only Lewis gets limited minutes but there's a player on a contender that has been going worse every year since leaving Seattle. So if Lewis can find a spot on a team, then a healthy Turk could.

I miss Rasheed Lewis.

Joking aside, Turk is always out of shape and sluggish. That only gets worse as he gets older. He wouldn't be much of an asset to anyone, not even contenders. Hedo is just a contract at this point.

Well, we just finished a season on a 8-52 run. How worried should we be we can't get a top pick next year?

The only major difference would be Baby coming back who played well in the frountcourt tandem with Vuc at the start of the year when Orlando actually started 12-13.

The problem with trading Baby is his trade value is low after sitting out a season. I think if he were to actually play this season he could be a 17-10 guy who would then draw some trade value.

Obviously with heavy usage he's going to be pretty poor, but playing 10-15 a game he could really help a lot of teams, especially with his passing ability. Also he is basically an 8 million dollar expiring so I don't think hoping for a 2nd rounder is all that bad. I 'd even be willing to take back some short term salary to make dollar work.

I think the New York Knicks misses Rashard Wallace too.

Turkoglu is owed 12 million. The only reason he would be traded is that if there's some young talent to had ALONG with bad contracts that expire later than 2014. There's no way that a Turkoglu can get us a 2nd round pick which is essentially a player that gets less than 2 mil for playing for 2 years. Just the thought of that someone thinks Turkoglu is more useful than a good 2nd round pick makes me surprised. We could maybe trade Richard Jefferson for Hedo Turkoglu, take another year and get a 1st round pick along with it. Golden State is a contender now and they can't play only rookies, so it would make some sense. There's just no way that a team uses their cap space to get Turkoglu or that Rob Hennigan takes players with longer contracts just to get a 2nd round pick.