Sign in to follow this  
NameLess Scrub

How should we guard the Celtics' big three?

Maybe we can start the game this lineup; Howard,Lewis,Ariza,Turkoglu and Foyle. I think Hedo can play some PG.This will be very good 5 and can give us some advantage for 1st quarter.

Just an idea.What you do think?

I'm not gonna elaborate on what defense because many others before me already have.

I will say this, I certainly hope to see a more competitive game against one of the leagues better teams(Boston) than what I've seen from us when played the two other legitimate teams we've played so far this season, Suns and Pistons.

I'm not saying we should win but I don't think it's asking to much to be competitive on your home court, unlike what we did against those two other decent teams we have played.

I think we match much better against these guys, teams with dominating PG's tend to give us the most trouble (i.e. Billups and Nash).

I would worry about the Nets with Kidd, but they are so weak in the paint that the have no answer for Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

CELTIC FACTS -

1)The only team the Celtics have beaten that have a current winning record is the Denver Nuggets.

2) The Nuggets were playing there 3rd game in 4 nights. The loss against Boston was on a back to back where they coughed up a huge lead to the Knicks and lost a demoralizing game in New York. Reportedly they arrived in Boston at 4am.

3)In the Knick game Melo got hurt and it showed in the Celtics game where he only scored 11 points.

4)Nuggets looked tired, just like we did against the Suns. Against the Nuggets the Celtics were coming off of 3 days of rest.

5)The Celtics have only played 3 road games all against teams that have a record of .500 or less.

6)The Celtics have only had 2 sets of back to back games, none against teams currently with winning records, but after those back to back games they have had at least 2 days of rest. The Magic have had 4 sets of back to back games. Of those 4 sets 2 of them have seen the Magic receive only one day of rest. When the Magic play the Celtics it will be their 4th game in 6th days and will be on the first half of their 5th back to back set. That will also be the 3rd set of back to back games where the Magic will have only one day of rest before heading in to San Antonio.

The Celtics will not have a back to back set with only one day of rest until November 30th. Then after November 30th they will not have another back to back with only one day rest until December 29th.

7)On the flip side the Celtics have a total of 10 games that follow a back to back set with only one day of rest. 6 of them occur after the All Star break and half of them on a West coast road trip. Whereas the Magic have only 9 all season of which only 2 are after the All Star Break.

8)If you are looking at schedules and teams we have played versus what the Celtics have done and will do. the Magic have had a much tougher schedule to start off and the Celtics have had a ton of rest between games this year compared to the Magic. Also the Magic have a great schedule after the All-Star break, whereas the Celtics will have a schedule like the Magic have now.

Awesome post man, lots of insight and research, I'm glad I read it.

We'll definitely benefit from NOT having back-to-backs later in the year but I'm not so sure they are going to hurt Boston later. Boston looks fresh this year.. and their role players are all young guys that are going to improve as the year goes on. They look scary.

We all know Detroit has our number so, thinking of the playoffs here, hopefully Boston doesn't begin dominating us as well.

I'm not so sure how we're supposed to gameplan for the Celts... probably a lot of Dwight moving around on defense to bother Allen on drives and Pierce on drives and post-ups. Our forwards are going to have to help a lot on KG as result and we'll leave Rondo and Perkins a lot to help. Hopefully Rondo doesn't somehow shoot 60% in this game.

Definitely keep the same starting lineup though, like someone else said, make them have to gameplan for our big three as well. We're pretty freakin' dangerous on offense and have potential to outscore them if any of their 3 has a particularly off night.