Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread - Magic v. Sonics - Nov. 13th

Ariza's on in the 1st quarter!

I've already seen an offensive rebound, putback dunk, and a defensive rebound.

Also so far I'm happy about playing Rashard in my Pick One Challenge tonight. icon_smile.gif

28-14 Magic ...1st Quarter

BASELINE BLOG;

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

GAME INFO

Tipoff: 7:00 PM ET

TV: FSN Florida

Radio: WDBO AM 580 | Spanish Radio: AM 1030 WONQ

Theme Night: UCF Night

Find Tickets

FIRST QUARTER

Welcome back Magic fans to Amway Arena for the second home game in the last four days as the Magic face the Seattle Supersonics. Let's hope the Magic can bounce back from Saturday's loss to the Suns by coming out strong against the winless Sonics.

The Magic win the tip as they start with the normal starters: Jameer Nelson, Keith Bogans, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, and Dwight Howard. The Sonics counter with Luke Ridnour, Damien Wilkins, Kevin Durant, Chris Wilcox, and Nick Collison.

Wilcox scores the first two of the game and the Magic start slow at the offensive end. Dwight splits a pair from the line, let's hope he and the Magic rebound from their 47 percent free-throw performance on Saturday. Durant shows why he was the second player taken in the NBA draft by blocking a Bogans attempt and then taking the ball coast-to-coast finishing with a layup to give the Sonics an early 6-1 lead with 8:46 left in the first.

The Magic can't buy a hoop going 0-for-8 to start the game, but Rashard ends that with a three-pointer from the corner cutting the Sonic lead to 8-4. The Magic seem real flat tonight and need something to get them going. Right on cue, Hedo gets fouled while finishing a floater in the lane. He converts the three-point play and the Sonics lead 10-7 with 6:50 to go in the opening quarter.

Jameer with a pretty bucket cuts the Sonic lead to one but Durant answers with a dunk in transition at the other end. The Magic call a timeout and trail 12-9 with just under six minutes left in quarter number one.

Rashard hits a three out of the timeout to even the score at 12 a piece getting the Amway crowd back into the game. Turk drives to the basket on Durant and throws one down with the right hand giving the Magic their first lead of the game at 14-12. Foyle gets a lucky goal tend call causing a timeout from the Sonics as the Magic lead 16-12 with 3:56 left in the first.

Rashard does what he did out of the last timeout and hits a three-pointer from the corner. Jameer Nelson grabs a rebound, his fifth of the first quarter and Turk scores on the other end. Jameer and the Magic are going to have to help out on the glass as Dwight Howard sits with two early fouls.

Dooling hits a pair of free-throws and the Magic lead 21-13 at the two minute mark in the first. Ariza with a nice block leads to a Lewis bucket. Lewis is off to a great start against his old team with 10 points thus far on 4-of-5 shooting. Ariza makes another great play fighting for an offensive rebound and putting it back for two. The Magic control the ball with seconds left in the first as Lewis drives to his right converting on a floater at the buzzer giving the Magic a 28-14 lead.

Can't believe I can't watch the game. They must have some firewall here at work!!! Thanks for the updates. I have 3 sites up getting scores. Looks like Jameer may have a chance for a triple double. And what great defense to hold Seattle to 14 points in the quarter!!!

SVG benches Carlos after some "strange" play. I worry about Arroyo's confidence, but other than that, GOOD.

If it was Brian Hill, Carlos would of played 8 minutes plus of the 2nd quarter regardless of how he was playing.