Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

What a sad, sad state of affairs this is. One day away from St. Patrick's Day, and we can't get anybody posting on the beer thread!

A thread for cab pricing might have a little more action, I heard it is going to be crazy downtown. Green Beer!

Every year at St. Paddy's I am torn between wanting to spend it with my family - lot of Irish in us - and wanting to go downtown where the action is. I always get geeked up to go out, then at the last minute, I cave and end up spending it with my family. Not a bad alternative really, just would love to go downtown again like I did when I was younger.

St Patricks day is huge in the UK, everywhere is cheap as hell for beer, dam good times!! I didnt think it would be this big, being an ignorant American I thought the English didnt get on with the Irish, but hey what do I know obviously!!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

St Patricks day is huge in the UK, everywhere is cheap as hell for beer, dam good times!! I didnt think it would be this big, being an ignorant American I thought the English didnt get on with the Irish, but hey what do I know obviously!!

The English love a pint of bitter just as much as the Irish. The difference is the English know when to put the glass down and start focusing on conquering the world. A sober Ireland would be a formidable foe indeed, says I.

I went to Sea World again this weekend. I went to the Hospitality House and tried this new thing called a "Spike." They take a 4 oz. bottle of flavoring and add it to a cup of beer. Makes for some interesting combinations. The flavoring has 12% alcohol content so it truly is a "spike!" The one I tried was chocolate flavoring with Amber Bach beer. It tasted just like a Tootsie Roll.

quote:

I went to Sea World again this weekend. I went to the Hospitality House and tried this new thing called a "Spike." They take a 4 oz. bottle of flavoring and add it to a cup of beer. Makes for some interesting combinations. The flavoring has 12% alcohol content so it truly is a "spike!" The one I tried was chocolate flavoring with Amber Bach beer. It tasted just like a Tootsie Roll.

Wow, interesting combo!! Very strange though. I tell ya, if you drank those all night you would be very drunk!! Mixing is not good lol!

quote:

Wow, interesting combo!! Very strange though. I tell ya, if you drank those all night you would be very drunk!! Mixing is not good lol!

Shoot, I got a decent buzz going right there at Sea World! Nothing like beer on an empty stomach and on a hot day at a theme park! I should think twice next time.

quote:

quote:

Shoot, I got a decent buzz going right there at Sea World! Nothing like beer on an empty stomach and on a hot day at a theme park! I should think twice next time.

That is actually all 3 of the worse things you can do

Heat

Empty Stomach

Mixing

That has carnage written all over it!

Actually, the carnage happened in the "Shark Encounter" exhibit.

Just kidding. It was OK actually. I ate shortly thereafter. The free beer is a great perk at the park. You wouldn't believe the lines! The crazy thing is that they SELL the beer in other parts of the park! I saw a guy paying 6 bucks for a beer at the Shamu show when right around the corner they are serving it for free!