Sign in to follow this  
BSusi

Sopcast in English

first time poster, longtime reader...

I watched the first game through the link on here but it was off of Shanghai network so it wasn't in english. i have watched NFL games just fine through Sopcast but was wondering if there was a different link to find the Magic games straight off of FSN and not through some foreign network. i know this sounds stupid but i searched and searched before and it kept sending me back to the Shanghai voiceovers. thanks

I watched the first game through the link on here but it was off of Shanghai network so it wasn't in english. i have watched NFL games just fine through Sopcast but was wondering if there was a different link to find the Magic games straight off of FSN and not through some foreign network. i know this sounds stupid but i searched and searched before and it kept sending me back to the Shanghai voiceovers. thanks

here's how sopcast works:

some guy(s) in some part of the world get the channel where the game is shown. if they want, they can stream it over the internet by buying some special hardware. whatever those guys decide to stream is what we can get.

in the first game of the season, some guy in china who had the channel that showed the game (most likely because yi was playing) decided to stream it. No one in the US streamed the game so we couldn't see it with english commentators.

every game is different so there's no way to know this early what will be on which channel.

if someone on here who had FSN and sunsports decided to stream the magic games, then we'd all be able to see them in English. until then, we're out of luck.

quote:
Originally posted by BSusi:

Buddy try this link, if the screen for league pass show, just register and game on, enjoy it!!!!

http://85.92.128.155/~myp2p/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20822&p=1

There have been fsn video streaming links on all 3 games posted here on this message board. all english. They havent been from sopcast but they are streaming and run pretty smooth for the most part.

there is little bit of Lag, but its better then nothing. Not near as good as sitting on the couch watching the game from the TV.

Before the FSN games the links are always posted in the game thread. Just browse thru all the pages youll find it.

those FSN links were links to NBA league pass broadband. the NBA gave out the links for free until november 6th (today). not sure if they'll have them for today or if yesterday was the last day.

after today though, those links won't work anymore.