Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

POST GAME REACTION THREAD***Nets vs MAGIC

glad to see we won, we will be playing the winner of the atlantic if we stay in 7th...records mean nothing in the top 3 seeds...it's the winner of the 3 divisions who will take the top 3 seeds, 2nd round divisions don't matter and it's just records

I think that makes sense since Battie takes all of Garrity's minutes.

Oh, and this was a great win. Looked like they were playing with more agressiveness and hustle this time around. Hopefully we can get turn this into a winning streak. I'm glad Arroyo is playing, I'm sure he can play some quality minutes in a fast paced offense. Half court offense was not working for him. Brian Hill should not stop playing JJ though. With our lack of shooting it makes no sense.

quote:
Originally posted by hessman22:

Jameer played the best of anyone on the court tonight.

Anyone else think its funny that despite his mediocrity, the Magic are a much better team with Tony Battie than without him? The Magic are over .500 in games Tony Battie plays in.

Magic 90,Nets 82

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer

Posted Mar 23 2007 10:00PM

ORLANDO, Fla.(AP) Jameer Nelson scored 22 points, 12 in the fourth quarter, and the Orlando Magic beat the New Jersey Nets 90-82 Friday night in a matchup of teams fighting for the last two Eastern Conference playoff spots.

Vince Carter had 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists for the Nets, who shot 34.5 percent for the game and 11-for-41 in the second half. Orlando hit 42.3 percent overall.

The Magic dominated inside, with a 44-22 advantage in the paint and a 54-37 rebounding edge. But All-Star Dwight Howard was quiet on offense, finishing with 10 points and 16 rebounds.

Richard Jefferson scored 19 points for New Jersey and Mikki Moore added 12.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20070323/NJNORL/recap.html

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

We finally got a W so no complaints here. I'm just waiting for the JJ Redick fan club to start complaining about JJ's min.

I don't know about the rest of the "JJ Redick fan club", but I'm not going to complain about JJ not playing as long as the rest of the guys step up and do their job.

I'm glad the team won. I'm happy for Arroyo and his fans that he got to play and had a good game.

I'd like to see Hill find a decent rotation and stick to it though. If that rotation doesn't include JJ this season, fine. If it doesn't include him next season, a la Diener - then I hope they trade him.

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer

March 23, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The New Jersey Nets came apart in the fourth quarter Friday night, right when the Orlando Magic started taking care of the ball.

The Magic overcame 17 turnovers by dominating inside to beat the Nets 90-82, edging up a spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings and knocking New Jersey down a couple.

Jameer Nelson scored 22 points, 12 in the fourth quarter, and Dwight Howard had 10 points and 16 rebounds. Orlando outscored the Nets 44-22 in the paint and had a 54-37 rebounding edge.

"It was a playoff atmosphere," said Magic forward Grant Hill, who scored 12. "I think New Jersey made it difficult -- they really swarmed Dwight, tried to take away things we normally want to do."

Vince Carter had 27 points, seven rebounds and five assists for the Nets, who shot 34.5 percent for the game and 11-for-41 in the second half. Orlando hit 42.3 percent overall.

"We are not discouraged," said Jason Kidd, who had eight points, nine assists and eight rebounds. "There are 13 games left and we have to try and win as many as we can, and come April 19 we will see where we stand."

The Nets came into the game seventh in the playoff hunt, one place ahead of the Magic. Orlando's win made put them in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, while the Indiana Pacers' victory Friday over the Miami Heat put them in eighth.

Both the Magic and Nets have struggled in March: Orlando is 4-7, New Jersey 3-8.

Richard Jefferson scored 19 points for New Jersey and Mikki Moore added 12.

Leading 41-37 at halftime, the Nets grabbed a nine-point advantage early in the third quarter on six straight points from Carter.

New Jersey, however, couldn't pull away. Orlando turned the ball over on three consecutive possessions trying to dump it inside, but the Nets managed only Moore's fast-break dunk. Carter missed a dunk the next trip and was called for a rare offensive basket interference on his own shot for grabbing the rim.

Carlos Arroyo scored five points in the 1:30 of the third quarter to help the Magic tie it at 59 at the start of the fourth.

"I think he deserves a game ball for coming in and changing the game," Nelson said of Arroyo.

Orlando took the lead for good on Nelson's layup with 5:45 left in the fourth, with the Nets unable to hit from the field. Orlando had just one fourth-quarter turnover, while New Jersey had four of its 10 on the game in that period.

Carter was 1-for-6 from the field in the last quarter but hit four free throws.

"We took rhythm shots when guys were open but we just missed them," Carter said. "When you are trying to win you have to convert."

Though the Nets' top three big men entered the fourth quarter with four fouls, Howard didn't play in the period until nearly 5 minutes in. Orlando scored almost all its fourth-quarter field goals inside, but Howard had none of them.

Notes

Hill hit Carter in the face starting to dribble the ball down the court with about 3:30 left. Carter stayed on the floor several seconds and came up holding his nose but did not leave the game. Kidd missed the technical shot. ... The Nets didn't attempt a free throw until early in the third quarter. Orlando was 5-for-8 from the line by that point. ... Orlando tied the season series at 2-2.

Updated on Friday, Mar 23, 2007 10:57 pm EDT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007032319&prov=ap

Congrat to the Orlando team. I am glad to see them winning an important game like this one. I am proud of every player on the team. I am glad Carlos made his way back to the rotation. Coach Hill made the decision and it worked. When you have player like Carter and Kid saying that putting Arroyo gave the team the spark and then energy needed to win the game, is because his contribution was noted by those that felt the change on the game. I hope the team keep winning because it will be nice to see the team on the play off.

Go Magic, Go Arroyo!!!!

I guess B. Hill use his computer, got on 82games.com and saw that inspite of all the haters Arroyo was an asset to the team. Numbers don't lie, specially after almost a full season worth of statistics. He was mayor in our biggest victory of the year. Kudos to Jameer too.

I am rady to bet that Arroyo gets baq in the rotation and JJ gets shafted yet again.

As I predited though, we came out and got a big win, but now can it carry over can we beat the Knicks and then beat Boston, there is no reason we shouldnt beat both of them.

And then we have to come home and take all 4 of them home games.

If they dont **** up these next six games can get them into the playoffs.