Sign in to follow this  
serviviente

Magic double standard

quote:
WTF your comments are supposed to mean? Serviviente was right on the money with his comments. Are we at the point that nobody should ever mention Carlos Arroyo at any context? Are the hate, animosity, and resentment towards Carlos that deep under your skin? Why you are soooo tired of him? You know, you really disappointed me, because you are the last one I would expect hearing such derogatory comments from.

the thing is, every time we lose, we have discussions like this and for some reason, it always has a comment that we should have played Carlos. no, we are not at that point, but the thing is, its getting tiring. its getting redundant.

quote:
We needed more scorers???? That is precisely my point. Why in the heck where them two on the floor sucking at the same time?????? They were 2 for 18!!!! Unless your last name is Byrant, Iverson, Wade, ect you can not get away with that crap in this league. Not if you want to win!!!! I like the new rotation but when something is not working make the adjustment and give yourself and opportunity!
I do agree that it was a questionable move by Brian to put in Hedo and Nelson despite their struggles, but the fact is that they are our main scorers ever since the beginning. I think the Nelson decision was pretty darn good, he hit 2 straight back-to-back 3's at the last minute. I was even shouting why the heck we were not passing the ball to Nelson on the last 2 poss.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by Human Highlight Film:

no , really we did the right thing by putting the #1 turnover [TO] fiend on the bench where he belongs. just think next year we wont have to worry about him! he doesnt last more than 2 years anywhere.

I didn

Well seems like once again you guys forgot the topic , but is ok...its normal here that this **** keeps on happening.

The truth is that yes there are some serious double standards in this Magic Team, we all dont know who is calling that shot ..is it "Coach Moron" or "Super Stupid Otis".Nether the less yes its really bad ind totally irrational.

The Team keeps loosing and in their ways and he does not make any other significant changes when some players really deserve them.

This is not about one player named Arroyo is about all the inconsistent players and the non action taken against ther mediocre game.

For all of us Puerto Ricans fans of Arroyo is very simple right now...the seasson ends , Carlos is trades and many of us will go as well and yo uall be happy and we are all happy.

But sadly for all of yo u...you are gonna be stoked here with "Coach Moron " and "Super Stupid Otis" and next year will be another player dilema with same coaching stupidity and same inconsistent team.

But once again remember Orlando is your home not mine so wake up and smell the coffe Orlande residents your Magic Team is on the wrong way as long as you have this coach and a GM that backs him up.

For us Puerto Ricans we still have many other players around the world on many other leagues and even in the NBA ...and most important we have our National Team that we are so proud of.That is something that any of you can take away from us ...never ever..in your life you can take away the pride we feel when we see our PuertoRican brothers with their flag on their back playing agains the entire world...Thts why we will always love Arroyo and the rest of our guys.Even when they loose we back them up no t like yo udo with your supposed "Dream Team: that you and your media shdread appart when they loose an international game...so to all of you shame on you.

To us Puerto Ricans be proud of who you are and keep your heads up .We all know Carlos did the best he could , even if he wasnt the best , we love him because he really tried and that my friends is inconditional love and admiration .

ok, so I'm giving this thread extra lines. but if this discussion isn't going to be a hearty one, this will get locked. In the past, I wouldn't have done this but I do believe we can have a hearty discussion in this forum.

lets keep this clean guys. make sure to follow the rules below.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/6661082402

quote:
Well seems like once again you guys forgot the topic , but is ok...its normal here that this **** keeps on happening.

The truth is that yes there are some serious double standards in this Magic Team, we all dont know who is calling that shot ..is it "Coach Moron" or "Super Stupid Otis".Nether the less yes its really bad ind totally irrational.

The Team keeps loosing and in their ways and he does not make any other significant changes when some players really deserve them.

This is not about one player named Arroyo is about all the inconsistent players and the non action taken against ther mediocre game.

For all of us Puerto Ricans fans of Arroyo is very simple right now...the seasson ends , Carlos is trades and many of us will go as well and yo uall be happy and we are all happy.

But sadly for all of yo u...you are gonna be stoked here with "Coach Moron " and "Super Stupid Otis" and next year will be another player dilema with same coaching stupidity and same inconsistent team.

But once again remember Orlando is your home not mine so wake up and smell the coffe Orlande residents your Magic Team is on the wrong way as long as you have this coach and a GM that backs him up.

For us Puerto Ricans we still have many other players around the world on many other leagues and even in the NBA ...and most important we have our National Team that we are so proud of.That is something that any of you can take away from us ...never ever..in your life you can take away the pride we feel when we see our PuertoRican brothers with their flag on their back playing agains the entire world...Thts why we will always love Arroyo and the rest of our guys.Even when they loose we back them up no t like yo udo with your supposed "Dream Team: that you and your media shdread appart when they loose an international game...so to all of you shame on you.

To us Puerto Ricans be proud of who you are and keep your heads up .We all know Carlos did the best he could , even if he wasnt the best , we love him because he really tried and that my friends is inconditional love and admiration

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

quote:

To us Puerto Ricans be proud of who you are and keep your heads up .We all know Carlos did the best he could , even if he wasnt the best , we love him because he really tried and that my friends is inconditional love and admiration

who is "all of you"????

who is trying to take away your pride???

The USA looses an international contest. the world is catching up in basketball and the media rips team usam but thats just what the media does. that does not mean our country has any less pride than yours. perhaps we just hold our athletes to a higher standard...we expect excellence, because after all, the game was invented here and weve been playing it longer than any other country so naturally there are higher expectations in the USA, but now the rest of the world is catching up and it is becoming more and more fair, its good for the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by Human Highlight Film:

no , really we did the right thing by putting the #1 turnover [TO] fiend on the bench where he belongs. just think next year we wont have to worry about him! he doesnt last more than 2 years anywhere.

I didn

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

How am I not surprised to see a new thread that involves Carlos everytime we lose.

The reason why Hedo and Jameer played even if they were missing shots is because we needed more scorer.

Why when someone posts something that actually makes sense, someone always has to come with some dim-witted remarks to discredit it?

Especially when everybody knows neither Jameer or Hedo were going to score much, obvious since midway in the 1st quarter. Definitely a bonehead, stubborn decision not to play Carlos at all, Travis, or give Dooling more minutes.

Serviviente, don't let some people here discourage you from posting.

It's funny the guys with the most posts here seem to be the most clueless and nonsensical. I think they're jealous that "newbies" on the forum seem to know what's going on while they're still debating why the team is so incosistent and why they dont play hard and why this and why that.. They believe the coach is not so bad and can care less when half of the players don't get to play. One has to wonder if these people are real fans or only like the Magic because of 1 or 2 players?

Its pretty much clear that Jameer is the future of this team as far as the PG position is concerned, thus the more playing time even if he is struggling. And I stand by my comments on the fact that we needed a scorer last night, and when your scorers are not hitting their shots, its just a matter of confidence until they get back to their rhythm. As a matter of fact, I, too, have been disappointed by Jameer's play lately. And I do agree his boneheaded moves do hurt our team a lot, but doesn't he also makes boneheaded moves even if we win?

I guess alot of you just ignored the title,

maybe confused this with the bash Arroyo thread.

Most of the people who post on here have been Magic fans quite a while as they are actually taking time out of their day to post on the board. I am a Magic fan, have been since I moved to Orlando in 95. I moved here from Puerto Rico and so by the way I am also a Arroyo fan. But thats not what the thread is about.

The Magic are inconsistent and they should not be. The Magic have the talent to be a top five team in the east, and showed it in last games of last season and show it in games like the one played against Miami. So what is wrong with our Magic? Of course players are part to blame, but from watching games this season the Magics troubles seem,**IMO**,to be matchups and adjusting to them during a game. This is why they go through offensive lapses or defensive lapses, when the opposing team shifts personnel and Coach Hill does not adjust. When a player is not producing or is not executing in a game then a change should be made. Just plain logic. The "system" implemented by this coach doesnt make sense. PG's took 24 shots in game against Raptors, and made just 7 (thats less than 30%, btw). Maybe coach Hill has these guys convinced they are true scorers. These are the PG's on a team that has the best young player in the league and hes as big as a bear (no arguments bout that, huh). Howard took 13 shots. This has been going on all season and yet no change, same starter doing same *#!*, not playing any defense all year long. This is where double standard comes in.

Who is this teams apg leader? Who has highest assit to TO ratio? I havent actually looked it up but, whoever it is should be

"runnin da point".