Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Figgs

Puerto Rican lament for Arroyo

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

I'm from sanford florida and about the only noticable person we have is david eckstein...world series MVP...

Casey, I'm from Sanford too, don't forget we had the greatest quarterback to ever play the game, Jeff Blake!

I did title my Diener is my countryman thread as a rip towards "arroyo fans". I could care less where a player is from or grew up or any of that nonsense as long as he balls well as long as he is here. I am not a racist, I am very tolerant of others. Hard to believe, right! I do not understand why we have all been divided, we have:

Arroyo fans/ Arroyo haters

Diener fans/ Diener haters

Jameer fans/ Jameer haters

B Hill fans/ B Hill haters

G hill fans/ G Hill haters

and on and on and on.

At what point did we stop being MAGIC FANS??

This team needs our support and loyalty NOW more than ever. It is NOT too late to make something MAGICAL happen this season. A wise man once said:

I BELIEVE, DO YOU?

Everyone take a deep breath and take JD's words of wisdom.

-the kinder, gentler Hutchence

THATS RIGHT HUTCH! The greatest quarterback ever! and the GREATEST movie of all time, my girl, was filmed in Sanford too!

If arroyo goes in the game and scores 25, or dishes out 10 dimes, we win...its great, were all happy. if arroyo goes in shoot 0-15 and 6 turnovers, were mad....same with jameer, same with any other guy on the team. I dont like arroyos game play, but if he goes into a game and performs well...im gonna be happy because im here supporting the MAGIC, not arroyo. Just like i dont mind seeing dwight benched, darko, hedo, or ariza, any of them benched if they suck. i want whatever it takes for this team to win. im not here for one guy...one guy on THIS team can win a game by HIMSELF.

GO MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Frankie Figgs....kudos for the thoughtful, heartfelt post.

Yup! he hit the spot right in te middle. But I also understand some of you non PR's that also got frustraded with some extreme fanatic that post thinks like if Arroyo was god so please ignore them. I will support Arroyo always and I hope he get pass his issue soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Puya:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Frankie Figgs....kudos for the thoughtful, heartfelt post.

Yup! he hit the spot right in te middle. But I also understand some of you non PR's that also got frustraded with some extreme fanatic that post thinks like if Arroyo was god so please ignore them. I will support Arroyo always and I hope he get pass his issue soon.

Thanks for the sentiments.

In general, it is hard to make others understand one's own personal passions, especially if there isn't much common ground. But no one should have to feel obligated to justify those passions either. My point is, we all are going to feel strongly about something with which we closely identify, and we should remain true to those passions.

But perhaps the hardest part is expressing those passions in a way that is honest and insightful and yet not confrontational. I think that for the most part, all of us on this board at least make an attempt to do this. And you know what, all we can do is to keep trying.

Geez...did it get a bit too deep in here, or is it just me?

Alot of the ugliness has to do with Arroyo's play. We had some absurd discussions after we acquired him last year but since he was playing well the conversations were still civil. This year he has played God awful and it makes it a little unbearable when some (not all) Arroyo fans come on and say that he is playing great, or to make it worse remind us how terrible our other pg is playing. It has grated on everyones nerves all season (including mine) and its brought it to the point where its now boiling over.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Alot of the ugliness has to do with Arroyo's play. We had some absurd discussions after we acquired him last year but since he was playing well the conversations were still civil. This year he has played God awful and it makes it a little unbearable when some (not all) Arroyo fans come on and say that he is playing great, or to make it worse remind us how terrible our other pg is playing. It has grated on everyones nerves all season (including mine) and its brought it to the point where its now boiling over.

Arroyo alog side with Nelson, Coach, Hedu among others

You're right almost everyone has not performed up to their potential this season.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Arroyo alog side with Nelson, Coach, Hedu among others

YET YOU STILL GLORIFY ARROYO...PASS THE BLAME. Face it, arroyo is not playing well. That's something a lot of Arroyo fans cannot face. Most of us accept that most everyone on the Magic in some ways have contributed to their lack of success.

quote:
Alot of the ugliness has to do with Arroyo's play.

That is reason of my reply, Maybe i'm mistaken and sorry if I did but it reads like everything( all those loses, JAmeer bad games, D12 bad games, Bad coaching, HEdo's off nights) is Arroyo's fault witch is isn't. I know he is not playing well but he is not the only nor the worse.

quote:

quote:
Alot of the ugliness has to do with Arroyo's play.

That is reason of my reply, Maybe i'm mistaken and sorry if I did but it reads like everything( all those loses, JAmeer bad games, D12 bad games, Bad coaching, HEdo's off nights) is Arroyo's fault witch is isn't. I know he is not playing well but he is not the only nor the worse.

You definitely read it wrong. I didn't say anything about Arroyo being the reason the team was losing. I said that Arroyo's play was the big reason that these discussions are always so heated. Arroyo is no more responsible for our record than any other player or the coach.