Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Darko Milicic: Technical Free Throw shooter

I knew he was a good free throw shooter. It pissed me off that he didn't make them in the begining of the year. As I said before, all Euros are good free throw shooters. Thats one of the first things they learn and every Euro team emphasises the importance of free throws.

But outside of free throws, Darko can be so much better. As for his jumpshot, he said that if he had the opportunity to develop his jumpshot that he'd be shooting NBA threes by now. I forgot where I read it but thats one of the things he blames the Pistons for. I don't know if he'll try to shoot NBA three's in a game, but I sure hope he does.

quote:
Also, I did some math. If Dwight was shooting 75% from the line, instead of his current average, he'd be averaging an additional 1.3 points per game.

Probably even more than 1.3 points per game. You could say goodbye to "Hack-a-Howard".

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Darko's game has been getting better...

I hope he keeps it up...

and we don't get rid of him.

yeah me too : )

Yeah, Darko's looked very smooth at the line. Every time he visits the strife now, it seems like the only thing the ball catches is the net. I'm glad that he's been improving drastically.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Darko is such a keeper it isn't funny.

Nay I say, I'm proud of Darko for not sulking on the bench. It's like BHIll and the media was saying, it wasn't really that much of a demotion and Milicic is getting the same minutes off the bench as he was as a starter.

Anyhow, seeing him play just as hard off the bench as he did as a starter makes me a happy camper. I want to see the 'Gic either make trades this summer or sign a 2nd tier f/a so we can re-sign Darko this summer.

BUT.... what do we do if a team makes a $10 mil/yr offer for Darko? Do we match it?

For 10 mil? Probably match, depending on the availability and asking prices of a couple of the other first tier FAs. Anything more than that, we probably let him go if all other things are equal.

The reality though is that I don't think any team in the league will offer Darko 5 yr/10mil a season offer, just because that's a huge strain on the cap for an unproven commodity. Maybe 20mil for 2 seasons or something. So if we come back with say, 5 yr/9 mil with a player option after the 3rd year or something. He makes more money, and can leave if that turns out to be too little. Or if he liked it here, he could renogiate after the 3rd year.

All in all, I think Darko stays as long as we want him here. And when a guy responds to being benched for two games by shooting 9/12 from the field and 4/4 from the line in those two games, while also pulling down 15 rebounds in those games, he's worht keeping.

Add me to the list of people glad to see things shaping up for Darko. He is looking so much more confident and now, I expect to see both FTs go in whenever he steps up.

Let him shoot the Techs; it's OK with me.

But I also hope he gets the green light to shoot some longer shots, like from the top of the key. He needs to add them to his game (or rather, re-add). He needs to be shooting the shots Tony is shooting; he is more than capable.

can u imagine magic giving 10mil/yr to darko and then brian hill continuing to start batman over darko?

I would laugh all day long

but I guess we would see some fans posting more stuff about battie beeing consistent

lol