Sign in to follow this  
jav25

Comments please??

He might be able to help our PG position.

Currently playing with the Mavs free agent after the season

One of the most fiery competitors in the college game, Jose Juan Barea is a rare point guard who shows excellent ability to both score and get his teammates involved.

Physically, Barea makes up for his smallish stature to a certain extent with his excellent quickness as well as his outstanding basketball instincts. If needed, Barea can surprisingly go to the hoop and dunk the ball with authority as he has extremely strong legs and a very nice vertical leap. It would not be a huge surprise to see him do his in the NBA, as he has a Pitbull

He might be able to help our PG position.

Currently playing with the Mavs free agent after the season

One of the most fiery competitors in the college game, Jose Juan Barea is a rare point guard who shows excellent ability to both score and get his teammates involved.

Physically, Barea makes up for his smallish stature to a certain extent with his excellent quickness as well as his outstanding basketball instincts. If needed, Barea can surprisingly go to the hoop and dunk the ball with authority as he has extremely strong legs and a very nice vertical leap. It would not be a huge surprise to see him do his in the NBA, as he has a Pitbull

I see your point but what I don't understand is why it is necessary to keep a Puerto Rican player on the team to retain fans. I know many Asian fans here in Orlando and we don't have Yao Ming. Why can't the Puerto Rican fans be fans of the team regardless of who may be on said team at the moment? I in no way mean this offensively, I just truly do not understand. IMO if these fans want to leave because someone of their nationality is no longer here, were they ever really fans at all?

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I see your point but what I don't understand is why it is necessary to keep a Puerto Rican player on the team to retain fans. I know many Asian fans here in Orlando and we don't have Yao Ming. Why can't the Puerto Rican fans be fans of the team regardless of who may be on said team at the moment? I in no way mean this offensively, I just truly do not understand. IMO if these fans want to leave because someone of their nationality is no longer here, were they ever really fans at all?

i fully back hutch on this one. its not about americans, puerto ricans, serbians, chinese, mexicans...its about one nation when it comes to the magic...

If it takes a Puerto Rican player to fill the stands I rather have the arena half empty. You should be a fan of the team not one guy.

I watched the Mavs Suns game the other day and he actually got into the game. The announcers said that he had played maybe 20 minutes total before that. Now granted there are alot of point guards in dallas so playing time might be a little scarce but he didn't really do anything in the time he was given. I doubt the Magic will go out of their way to obtain him. If the Puerto Rican community wants to root for the Magic because they like the Magic that is terrific but I don't see why they have to have someone of Puerto Rican descent to keep the fanbase.