Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The X-Factor gets starting job this saturday vs. NC ST.!!!!

quote:
Roughly a month after nearly giving up on his dream of playing quarterback for Florida State, Xavier Lee got a second chance Monday. The redshirt junior will make his fourth career start Saturday when Florida State hosts North Carolina State, coach Bobby Bowden said.

Lee saw his first action of the season Saturday when he came off the bench to pass for 224 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-14 victory over Alabama after starter Drew Weatherford failed to get the team into the end zone despite favorable field position.

"Nothing was happening," Bowden said about changing quarterbacks early in the second quarter of a scoreless game. "Lee made things happen with his running ability, plus the strength of his arm, plus he was getting the ball to the right people," Bowden said. "He won the job. Drew is the backup now. He'll have to play the role Xavier's been playing the past couple of years."

In less than three quarters against the Crimson Tide, Lee also added a game-high 59 rushing yards against Alabama to become the Seminoles' third leading rusher for the season. Offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher said Monday that the second-half offensive breakout shows what the team is capable of doing. But if not for Fisher's heart-to-heart talk with Lee just before the season opener at Clemson, the one-time Florida prep player of the year might have transferred. "He was too good of a player and good of a talent to let get away," Fisher said Monday.

Lee's first chance came last year at Maryland when Weatherford came up lame with tendinitis in his right foot. Lee played well in a losing effort against the Terps and the next week directed a 33-0 victory over Virginia before being replaced by Weatherford after being intercepted twice in a 30-0 loss at home to Wake Forest as the Seminoles hit rock bottom in Bowden's most disappointing year in Tallahassee. When he was first told Saturday to grab his helmet and start warming up, Lee initially thought it was a joke."(Now) I've got my shot and hope to make the most of it," said Lee, who has passed for 1,575 yards and a dozen touchdowns during his career at Florida State. Florida State (3-1, 0-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) will be trying to end an eight-game losing streak against Atlantic Division teams. N.C. State, meanwhile, is trying to end an 11-game losing streak against Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) teams dating back to last season's win over the Seminoles.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20071001/APS/710010...gnment_for_N_C_State

quote:
Roughly a month after nearly giving up on his dream of playing quarterback for Florida State, Xavier Lee got a second chance Monday. The redshirt junior will make his fourth career start Saturday when Florida State hosts North Carolina State, coach Bobby Bowden said.

Lee saw his first action of the season Saturday when he came off the bench to pass for 224 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-14 victory over Alabama after starter Drew Weatherford failed to get the team into the end zone despite favorable field position.

"Nothing was happening," Bowden said about changing quarterbacks early in the second quarter of a scoreless game. "Lee made things happen with his running ability, plus the strength of his arm, plus he was getting the ball to the right people," Bowden said. "He won the job. Drew is the backup now. He'll have to play the role Xavier's been playing the past couple of years."

In less than three quarters against the Crimson Tide, Lee also added a game-high 59 rushing yards against Alabama to become the Seminoles' third leading rusher for the season. Offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher said Monday that the second-half offensive breakout shows what the team is capable of doing. But if not for Fisher's heart-to-heart talk with Lee just before the season opener at Clemson, the one-time Florida prep player of the year might have transferred. "He was too good of a player and good of a talent to let get away," Fisher said Monday.

Lee's first chance came last year at Maryland when Weatherford came up lame with tendinitis in his right foot. Lee played well in a losing effort against the Terps and the next week directed a 33-0 victory over Virginia before being replaced by Weatherford after being intercepted twice in a 30-0 loss at home to Wake Forest as the Seminoles hit rock bottom in Bowden's most disappointing year in Tallahassee. When he was first told Saturday to grab his helmet and start warming up, Lee initially thought it was a joke."(Now) I've got my shot and hope to make the most of it," said Lee, who has passed for 1,575 yards and a dozen touchdowns during his career at Florida State. Florida State (3-1, 0-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) will be trying to end an eight-game losing streak against Atlantic Division teams. N.C. State, meanwhile, is trying to end an 11-game losing streak against Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) teams dating back to last season's win over the Seminoles.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20071001/APS/710010...gnment_for_N_C_State

I'm just happy about a turn of fortune for the whole team. Whether it be Weatherford or Lee, I think the important thing is that the players may finally be adjusting to all the new coaches and all the new schemes (and vice versa). I think the real progress will be made next year. Anything this season is icing.

It is about time they woke up and gave Lee a legitimate chance. Drew is a hell of a kid, but he is NOT a playmaker and our offense is desperate for one.

Drew would be fine with a top notch O-line and running game. But he can't beat a defense with his legs and arm like X-Lee can.