Sign in to follow this  
b2theizzo

Will Howard be the best center this year?

quote:
Again, maybe I am bias and perhaps I am jumping the gun. I know there are still things that he needs to work one but I honestly see this as the year that Howard become the best center in the NBA. The stats may or may not say it, but no other team will fear someone at the 5 spot, like they fear Dwight Howard.

I agree with what the writer says...

But this is the best part of the post.

I like how Howard has "faucets" of the game he needs to improve on. Har.

But yes, like I've said before, this franchise goes only as far as Dwight can take us. I doubt he ever develops a jumper, but he definitely needs a couple reliable post moves.

quote:
Originally posted by I Rasharted:

I like how Howard has "faucets" of the game he needs to improve on. Har.

That concerned me, too.

I thought plumbing problems would be reserved for players in the WNBA.

LOL Charisma - though the thought of Howard's Faucets as a new section of the O-rena, oops TD Waterhouse, oops Amway Arena does strike me as amusing too.

A positive towards Dwight developing a jumper, is the new big-man coach is Patrick Ewing. I seem to remember him having a pretty good 12-15 foot jump shot?!? Also, the new shooting coach, Charles Richardson (?) is supposed to be pretty good.

As far as his one-on-one defense, I think Dwight will only improve. He has the natural athletic ability, and the desire to improve. You can't really teach either of those.

I look at it this way...with the addition of lewis, he should have more room to opperate and I can see him boosting his average PPG from 17-20or21. Dwight at 21 and 12 makes him the best center in the league, IMO