LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Paulius (Lithuania)

Lakers and Dante Exum meant for each other?

Chad Ford (1:09 PM)

If the Lakers win one of the top 3 picks, I'd be shocked if Exum worked out for anyone but LA. If they fall to 6th (the most likely spot for them) I think Exum's agent may open up the process. Someone would take Exum before that anyway …

I think the Magic will end up picking around the 4 or 5 spot…..The spots now occupied by Exum and Randle on Ford's big board….Will be interesting to see if Rob drafts a guy who will bolt for L.A. as soon as his rookie contract is up.

• Upvote 1

Paulius (Lithuania)

If the Lakers win one of the top 3 picks, I'd be shocked if Exum worked out for anyone but LA. If they fall to 6th (the most likely spot for them) I think Exum's agent may open up the process. Someone would take Exum before that anyway …

I think the Magic will end up picking around the 4 or 5 spot…..The spots now occupied by Exum and Randle on Ford's big board….Will be interesting to see if Rob drafts a guy who will bolt for L.A. as soon as his rookie contract is up.

He also likes orlando. Him and victor are pretty close. Exum was going to go to indina. We would have 4 years to get a team around exum. plus, we would have bird rights and retricted contract rights. (match offers) I dont think it would be a problem.

I remember chris webber not liking the kings but winning changed things.

• Upvote 1

Those that say that randell is small are normally referring to his wingspan and the fact he plays below the rim. He has problems with length.

Indeed. Didn't you say he had "dinosaur" arms?

I remember chris webber not liking the kings but winning changed things.

Aldridge wanted to leave Portland before this season

Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers twice

Hakeem wanted to leave Houston

(Please add more here:)

Paulius (Lithuania)

From an article earlier this year:

"He’s sort of a cross between John Wall, Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook," he said. "He has Westbrook and Rose’s athleticism, but he’s bigger than them. He has John Wall’s long arms. Now, will he be as good as Derrick Rose? That’s up to him. I think he has the desire like Westbrook, although Westbrook has that fire, he has that killer instinct all the time. So I think that if (Exum) can tweak that and turn that on a lot more consistently, he’ll be good. It’s in him, so I think it’s just a matter of time…."

So which teams could use Exum? While Livingston said "really any team because he has so much talent and so much upside," Exum has two in mind: the Lakers and Orlando Magic. With the Lakers, interestingly enough, that's his go-to squad in NBA 2K14—"You would need to play a whole lot to get on my level," he said—and that was his team's name during the tournament….

As for the Magic, he envisions helping his close friend Victor Oladipo—they met at Indiana during Exum's recruiting visit when he was contemplating college—with point guard duties. "They’re having some point guard problems and they’re trying to get Victor Oladipo into the point guard," he said. "Also, having a good relationship with Victor, I think that would be a good fit. He could kind of mentor me a bit coming into the point guard."

http://bleacherrepor...r-aussie-phenom

• Upvote 1

Exum is explicitly saying we are one of two teams he likes. I'm far less worried with him bolting post-rookie deal, and far more concerned with building a championship team and culture. The idea of getting two versatile, nasty guards gets me excited.

Indeed. Didn't you say he had "dinosaur" arms?

No but you said it... lol

Soul Bro,...Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

"Randle has been impressive in the tourney. However, I still think he tries to bully his way to the rim, while also playing below it. And he's got short (dinosaur) arms :)/>/>/>/>. I think best case scenario is he's Zach Randolph. Worst case scenario… Big Baby.

The guy I like is Young. I think he's got a similar game (and potential) to Harden. However, given how much the Harrison bros hog the ball, sometimes it's hard to know.

I do like watching UK, because it's obvious they're growing up in front of us."

No but you said it... lol

Soul Bro,...Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

"Randle has been impressive in the tourney. However, I still think he tries to bully his way to the rim, while also playing below it. And he's got short (dinosaur) arms smile.gif/>/>/>/>. I think best case scenario is he's Zach Randolph. Worst case scenario… Big Baby.

The guy I like is Young. I think he's got a similar game (and potential) to Harden. However, given how much the Harrison bros hog the ball, sometimes it's hard to know.

I do like watching UK, because it's obvious they're growing up in front of us."

smile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gifsmile_creaturedance.gif

Exum is explicitly saying we are one of two teams he likes. I'm far less worried with him bolting post-rookie deal, and far more concerned with building a championship team and culture. The idea of getting two versatile, nasty guards gets me excited.

Soul, would you expect him to say anything negative about Orlando ???…I mean, the Magic have been slotted to take him for a while now according to Ford and if our pick falls about 3 or 4….If you're Exum you don't wanna be running down an organization that is likely to take you.

I'll say it again….Dude is an unknown…I think Trey said it best, "Is his country in Europe or something "???…lol….And I personally question the level of his competition based on what I've been reading.

Yes, I'm definitely a UK homer but I really don't care if they take him or not….On a side note Big Julius hasn't officially declared for the draft.

Lastly, Shaq says hello….The warning signs are there for Exum and L.A…..If he plays well in Orlando the Magic will never be able to keep him….Just look at our history, Bro ???

• Upvote 1

I'll say it again….Dude is an unknown…I think Trey said it best, "Is his country in Europe or something "???…lol….

Can't believe you used this to make your point. If you're referring to the same post I think you're, I believe it was a joke at the expense of maybe a couple of posters who referred to him as a Euro when his from Australia.

If you're still confused I can find you a map.

Soul, would you expect him to say anything negative about Orlando ???…I mean, the Magic have been slotted to take him for a while now according to Ford and if our pick falls about 3 or 4….If you're Exum you don't wanna be running down an organization that is likely to take you.

I'll say it again….Dude is an unknown…I think Trey said it best, "Is his country in Europe or something "???…lol….And I personally question the level of his competition based on what I've been reading.

Yes, I'm definitely a UK homer but I really don't care if they take him or not….On a side note Big Julius hasn't officially declared for the draft.

Lastly, Shaq says hello….The warning signs are there for Exum and L.A…..If he plays well in Orlando the Magic will never be able to keep him….Just look at our history, Bro ???

If you look back at the timeline, Ford predicted Exum to Orlando after Exum came out with his affection for the Magic. In other words, he wasn't baited to say Orlando at all.

And he is an unknown, but I trust Henny. If he's the BPA, we take him. For the first time in years, I trust management and believe we can become a unique destination team (ala San Antonio).