LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I've often had conversations on whether or not we should have kept Webber simply because I believe his skill set would have worked perfectly with Shaq and I don't think the Bulls would have had an answer for that frontcourt. That said, there's no way that the Shaq and Penny combo could be called anything but a success. The only think that kept that combo from championships was Shaq bolting and Penny's body breaking down.

Interesting thought but I do want to mention that Webber didn't have that reliable jump shot when he first came into the league and another concern would be who is your go to man when the games close? Webber was particularly bad in late game situations not to mention he and Shaq were poor free throw shooters and you wouldn't go to nick anderson because he was too and its not like Dennis Scott was going to get off his own shot.

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria

NBA GM: ‘You could almost cover the lottery by seeing Michigan, Michigan State, Kansas & Kentucky’

True really. Mitch McGary, Glenn Robinson, Gary Harris, Wiggins, Selden, Embiid, Randle, Harrison's, WCS and more. If you watch any college games this year ensure that they include one of those teams.

College basketball is going to be fun to watch from an NBA talent perspective this year with those 4 as well as Arizona, OK State and Duke.

Interesting thought but I do want to mention that Webber didn't have that reliable jump shot when he first came into the league and another concern would be who is your go to man when the games close? Webber was particularly bad in late game situations not to mention he and Shaq were poor free throw shooters and you wouldn't go to nick anderson because he was too and its not like Dennis Scott was going to get off his own shot.

we needed a perimeter play-maker. Penny was a superstar, so it was not a bad trade. We also got penny and three 1st round picks too. Mike Miller, I believe was one of those picks.

http://basketball.re...-Andrew-Wiggins

The guy is yet to play a game in college basketball but if he declares for the draft he's looking at making $150 million dollars or more in endorsements as well as his rookie contract. Unreal.

holy cow.

I just, I don't know what to think of this. The better question is, do we really want mr. $150m on our team before even a game is played?

holy cow.

I just, I don't know what to think of this. The better question is, do we really want mr. $150m on our team before even a game is played?

Nope don't need egocentric players leaving us for a bigger market in 5 years or so. This may throw a wrench in our decision to get Wiggins. Were not a d league team for bigger markets

Nope don't need egocentric players leaving us for a bigger market in 5 years or so. This may throw a wrench in our decision to get Wiggins. Were not a d league team for bigger markets

Odds are it won't matter as we probably won't wind up with the #1 pick anyways. After watching Dirk handle Vucevic down low last night I think I'd prefer picking 3rd or 4th and choosing between Randle and Smart.

Leaving us with either:

PG: Oladipo

SG: Harkless

SF: Harris

PF: Randle

C: Vuc

or

PG: Smart

SG: Dipo

SF: Harkless

PF: Harris

C: Vuc

Yeah, let's not draft the best player because he might leave.

That is ridiculous. You should be ashamed.

I agree with your opening comment but can you really blame a Magic fan for being a little nervous? I have read by most accounts that Wiggins is not an egomaniac and actually prefers not to be in the limelight. Just because money is being thrown his way doesn't necessarily ensure he'll turn out to be a dousche bag. I think he's more of a Kevin Durant than a Lebron James in terms of personality.

I think its something that should be considered. I believe all of us as Magic fans are tired of this organization being taken for granted and being known as a 2nd tier organization. Its similar to being division 2 in college.

I think its something that should be considered. I believe all of us as Magic fans are tired of this organization being taken for granted and being known as a 2nd tier organization. Its similar to being division 2 in college.

Drafting a worse player because we have low self esteem is irrational. That's something a bottom tier organization does and it tells other players "don't come here. We aren't prepared to hang with elite teams. We just want nice guys who won't leave us. "

Drafting a worse player because we have low self esteem is irrational. That's something a bottom tier organization does and it tells other players "don't come here. We aren't prepared to hang with elite teams. We just want nice guys who won't leave us. "

Hasn't that already pretty much been the DeVos mantra? Never minding the occasional Gilberts...