LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

There was a rumor apparently coming from executives around the league that Kendall Marshall is/was the price of admission for any trade. Meaning the Suns, a team with no permanent building blocks at any positions, are literally trying to tack him on to any deal possible to get rid of him after only 1 year in the league. Somehow I just can't see him having a successful career. Honestly I never believed the pre draft hype about being a pass first PG anyway. The guy isn't a greater shooter from 3 or the FT line, he doesn't rebound well, he doesn't get to the line often and he doesn't play good defense. Not to mention the year he averaged 9 assists he played with Tyler Zeller, Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo. That's 6 players all who have been or will be 1st round picks in the draft.

There was a rumor apparently coming from executives around the league that Kendall Marshall is/was the price of admission for any trade. Meaning the Suns, a team with no permanent building blocks at any positions, are literally trying to tack him on to any deal possible to get rid of him after only 1 year in the league. Somehow I just can't see him having a successful career. Honestly I never believed the pre draft hype about being a pass first PG anyway. The guy isn't a greater shooter from 3 or the FT line, he doesn't rebound well, he doesn't get to the line often and he doesn't play good defense. Not to mention the year he averaged 9 assists he played with Tyler Zeller, Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo. That's 6 players all who have been or will be 1st round picks in the draft.

Well I'll give him credit, he's a very good passer. But being good at one thing and terrible at other things doesn't give you a long nba career.

Chris Duhon ring a bell? I'd say Marshall has a shot at a better career than him. Kendall isn't a starter but I think your assumption is low balling the guy big time.

People seem to forget that there was a time when Duhon was a pretty decent backup point guard. He wasn't always over the age of 30.

People seem to forget that there was a time when Duhon was a pretty decent backup point guard. He wasn't always over the age of 30.

He was best on the bulls.

Right. Young Duhon was good enough to have some success defending shooting guards to let Ben Gordon "defend" point guards as a small 2. He and hinrich were a large part in Gordon's early nba success.

Can't believe how Gordon's nba career fell off after he left Chicago.

early wish list

ORL big board

1) Wiggins

2) Exum

3) Smart

4) Randle

5) Harrison

6) Parker

7) Gordon

Harrison before Parker is curious. I've seen nothing from either Harrison to make me think they're better than Jabari Parker.

Harrison before Parker is curious. I've seen nothing from either Harrison to make me think they're better than Jabari Parker.

Harrison is rated as the number one high school pg. He is 6'5 with great play making ability. Parker is a very skilled player, but there has been many questions about him as a nba player. He does not have good athleticism. He has been out of shape. He is a sf/pf tweener that will have a lot of problems on def. When you look at our team harrison would be the better fit and he is also a highly rated prospect. If we can bet a big pg next to vic, watch out.

Harrison is rated as the number one high school pg. He is 6'5 with great play making ability. Parker is a very skilled player, but there has been many questions about him as a nba player. He does not have good athleticism. He has been out of shape. He is a sf/pf tweener that will have a lot of problems on def. When you look at our team harrison would be the better fit and he is also a highly rated prospect. If we can bet a big pg next to vic, watch out.

Harrison was the number 1 rated PG, Parker was the No. 2 rated player overall. Got to say ive never seen Andrew Harrison make a great pass that Aaron Harrison didn't benefit from. Parker was out of shape because he suffered a major leg injury and he's no more a tweener than Tobias Harris. Being a highly rated prospect out of highschool isn't a massively important thing, see Oladipo, and in any case Parker is probably more highly rated.

Honestly I think Parker has a higher ceiling than he's being given credit for, I've heard him be compared to Grant Hill and Carmelo Anthony and recently I realised that he reminds me a little ofPaul Pierce on offense. if he can play good team defense and less than awful one on one defense he'll be an important player. Parker has one quality that I'd like to see Wiggins show and that's the willingness and confidence to carry a team offensively night after night.