LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I am not sure parker has the athleticism to be the type of player we need.

What we need is a star to build around. Jabari has been compared to Melo and a young Grant Hill, I have issues with him as well as everybody in this draft but if he shows at Duke that those issues aren't important and he can be dominant I'd draft him.

There isn't a single player I don't have doubts about thus far. The college season is going to be massive in coloring my opinion and until then I'm not prepared to make statements like "i don't think we need this guy"

What we need is a star to build around. Jabari has been compared to Melo and a young Grant Hill, I have issues with him as well as everybody in this draft but if he shows at Duke that those issues aren't important and he can be dominant I'd draft him.

There isn't a single player I don't have doubts about thus far. The college season is going to be massive in coloring my opinion and until then I'm not prepared to make statements like "i don't think we need this guy"

He is a scorer so let see if he is mello or shabazz.

Parker is arguably the most polished high school player since Durant. His quickness is a concern but if he's at least good in that area (and i mean actual good athleticism, not like Trey Burke's "good" athleticism) then I like him more than anyone in this class. I see a little Rudy Gay in Wiggins and it's something I can't shake from my mind.

Parker is arguably the most polished high school player since Durant. His quickness is a concern but if he's at least good in that area (and i mean actual good athleticism, not like Trey Burke's "good" athleticism) then I like him more than anyone in this class. I see a little Rudy Gay in Wiggins and it's something I can't shake from my mind.

This is his biggest question mark to me. Can he be good at the pro level? Because you need some athleticism.

Did anybody see that Rick Pitino tipped Joel Embiid to be a top 2 pick in 2014? Honestly Embiid is a prospect I'd really be interested in, not sure he'd make the top 2 (if he even chooses to come out of college after his freshman year) but I think he's an raw but exciting, athletic big man with ridiculous potential.

Did anybody see that Rick Pitino tipped Joel Embiid to be a top 2 pick in 2014? Honestly Embiid is a prospect I'd really be interested in, not sure he'd make the top 2 (if he even chooses to come out of college after his freshman year) but I think he's an raw but exciting, athletic big man with ridiculous potential.

He seems to be the new fast riser.

Dante Exum said recently that he's gone from 90/10 (%) leaning towards college to 50/50 on the basis of his strong showing at the Fiba U19's and people projecting him to be a top 5 pick. Honestly if he declares in 2014 he slots right in as my #2 prospect. A back court of Oladipo and Exum would be awesome.

Dante Exum said recently that he's gone from 90/10 (%) leaning towards college to 50/50 on the basis of his strong showing at the Fiba U19's and people projecting him to be a top 5 pick. Honestly if he declares in 2014 he slots right in as my #2 prospect. A back court of Oladipo and Exum would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind that. The stronger the 2014 class, the better for us. We won't have to worry about losing games as much

Cool beans, I'd definitely rather have him as an option in 2014 than in 2015 (given that we'll be making a run for the title that year ;) )...

What's everybody's top 10 rankings then before the season? Should be interesting to see when the end of the season comes around and people have risen and fallen. Here's mine:

1. Andrew Wiggins

2. Dante Exum

3. Jabari Parker

4. Marcus Smart

5. Julius Randle

6. Joel Embiid

7. Aaron Gordon

8. Andrew Harrison

9. Gary Harris

10. Montrezl Harrell

I begrudgingly put Harrison in at #8 because honestly I'm not sold on the Harrison's but I can't see any prospects better than Andrew at 8.