Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

I'm not going to post the article here, but it is featured on the main page at cbssports.com's college football section.

quote:
"Don't categorize us with those (other) schools," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt told the Kansas City Star last week. "There are four BCS schools in the state of Florida: Florida, South Florida, Florida State and Miami. Nobody else in that room."

F that guy! Man I hate USF!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10375547

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I'm not going to post the article here, but it is featured on the main page at cbssports.com's college football section.

quote:
"Don't categorize us with those (other) schools," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt told the Kansas City Star last week. "There are four BCS schools in the state of Florida: Florida, South Florida, Florida State and Miami. Nobody else in that room."

F that guy! Man I hate USF!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10375547

The moment is fleeting, but when I read quotes like this, I briefly feel I would trade all other wins this season for a victory over USF.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

The moment is fleeting, but when I read quotes like this, I briefly feel I would trade all other wins this season for a victory over USF.

Man Im with you on that. Jim Leavitt is a jerk. You guys going to Tampa for the game?

quote:
Originally posted by DLO:

quote:

Man Im with you on that. Jim Leavitt is a jerk. You guys going to Tampa for the game?

I am going to Tampa. But I must admit, I am very worried about this game. We may have a better idea after the USF/WV game tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by DLO:

quote:

I believe so... It's either UCF vs. USF or Guster and Brett Dennen in Gainesville. However, I think Leavitt just made up my mind for me.

quote:

USF 21, WVU 13

This doesn't bode well. I don't mean the game next month, I mean it will be impossible to live with Bulls fans. Geez, and we thought Gator fans were bad enough.

thats where your wrong...gaytor fans wil always be worse...

but hey, this just makes UCF good that theyll have beaten a top 10 team on october 13th!!!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

USF 21, WVU 13

This doesn't bode well. I don't mean the game next month, I mean it will be impossible to live with Bulls fans. Geez, and we thought Gator fans were bad enough.

thats where your wrong...gaytor fans wil always be worse...

Meant Gator fans by themselves were bad enough without having to add Bulls fans to the mix.

I honestly don't know how you guys can call Leavitt a jerk, the guy has built USF from the ground up and foregone offers to leave for greener pastures, and now is reaping the benefits of his years of hard work.

The fact is, there ARE only 4 BCS schools in Florida, UCF may get there one day, but to deny Leavitt and USF their unprecedented success just looks like jealousy from bitter UCF fans that envy what USF has accomplished in NINE YEARS!!

I'm not taking anything away from UCF, but shouldn't you all want USF to become a powerhouse? That only means more revenue for you when you play them and more credibility when you beat them down the road. USF is the feel good story of the year, and all fans of college ball in Florida should be jumping on the bandwagon, at least to prove that up and coming teams (much like UCF) can compete with the big boys and to hell with the BCS and rankings and traditions and et cetera.

UCF will get an invite to join the Big East down the road but don't begrudge your brother the accolades they have accrued.

Im not saying pull for USF to beat UCF when they play, but right now, its possible to be fans of both programs, both are making a push to eliminate the "Big Three" stereotype, USF just happens to be closer.

Also, don't think for a second that USF doesn't want UCF to be undefeated when they come to Tampa. I guarantee USF is pulling for UCF to win all of its games except the one against them.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

That only means more revenue for you when you play them and more credibility when you beat them down the road.

i dont consider 2 weeks being "down the road"...

GO KNIGHTS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I honestly don't know how you guys can call Leavitt a jerk, the guy has built USF from the ground up and foregone offers to leave for greener pastures, and now is reaping the benefits of his years of hard work.

The fact is, there ARE only 4 BCS schools in Florida, UCF may get there one day, but to deny Leavitt and USF their unprecedented success just looks like jealousy from bitter UCF fans that envy what USF has accomplished in NINE YEARS!!

I'm not taking anything away from UCF, but shouldn't you all want USF to become a powerhouse? That only means more revenue for you when you play them and more credibility when you beat them down the road. USF is the feel good story of the year, and all fans of college ball in Florida should be jumping on the bandwagon, at least to prove that up and coming teams (much like UCF) can compete with the big boys and to hell with the BCS and rankings and traditions and et cetera.

UCF will get an invite to join the Big East down the road but don't begrudge your brother the accolades they have accrued.

Im not saying pull for USF to beat UCF when they play, but right now, its possible to be fans of both programs, both are making a push to eliminate the "Big Three" stereotype, USF just happens to be closer.

Also, don't think for a second that USF doesn't want UCF to be undefeated when they come to Tampa. I guarantee USF is pulling for UCF to win all of its games except the one against them.

I dont think I would be so bitter if it wasnt for those god awful USF fans. And it is possible to be a good coach and a jerk at the same time you know.

But I will never, ever cheer for USF. Never Ever!