Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

its almost GAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEE TIIIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE!!!!

to all those attending, enjoy, have fun, and be sure you storm the field when the Knights pull the upset...

just dont hurt Colt McCoy...lawl...

AT THE HALF: Texas 20 UCF 10

yeah, Kyle looks like garbage...except for the opening drive...

but im relatively impressed with the D...theyve done okay against such a potent UT offense...

and UCFs got a bunch of breaks...the overturned call on the long pass play to Sweed, and the missed FG...UCFs gonna have to play a perfect game in the second half to have a chance to pull the upset...

oh so very, very close...

think about it...that INT that SHOULD have gone all the way...

that fumble in the 4th...

that INT returned for the TD...

if any one of these goes the other way, UCF wins the football game...

UCF played their guts out...

if the Knights did this to the #6 team, they should have no trouble with C-USA...UCF's gonna make a bowl game this year, no doubt...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

to the guys who went to the game today, id love to hear what you all thought about the stadium, game, etc.

What a game. I was in the student section and we were loud as hell. Gotta give credit to the Longhorns tho, they are a good team and they had alot of fans who made the trip. A good pride game for UCF.

The stadium was nice. The metal bleachers made it even louder to stomp on. It was just sooo hot in there tho. Im pretty sunburnt myself right now tho. Tailgating was great too. Alot more fans than usual, it should be a great season.

All in all, besides the heat, it was an awesome experience and I cant wait for the Memphis game.

It was a great game and a great atmosphere. It seemed like there was 100,000 people on campus... It was exactly what this school needed. As for the game, it would have been nice if Israel could have held on to the ball... But ohh well, I couldn't have asked for more. I was impressed with our defense in the red zone. They maned up when needed and held that powerful Texas team to 5 fg's. Kevin Smith is a complete badass!!! I've got some good stadium pictures I will upload soon... Next week, Memphis.

I suppose this is as happy as I've ever been about a UCF loss. I still think the Texas player was already out of bounds when he got "possession" of that fumble....but that's just sour grapes.

I got to Lot D2 at 11 AM and was able to tailgate with 5 buddies right behind my truck. My tent kept us in the shade. I got very, very drunk, but I was still functional (I still manned the grill baby!). I stopped at 8 beers. I was smart enough to guzzle 32 ounces of water before we left the parking lot. This saved me as I was able to go without water (and avoid the lines) once in the stadium.

I too got sunburnt on my face and neck. I thought the stadium was awesome. My seats are incredible! Much better than I would have thought. I like having the seat backs. I kept freaking out every time we started stomping the bleachers. In my head I was screaming: "It's brand new! Let's not test the tinsel strength too much just yet!!"

My problems with the stadium are the same as others have stated...too few vendors, no water fountains, and overall, and understaffed. All of these things can be fixed very easily, and before the next game this Saturday. However, I primarily would like to give kudos to UCF for an awesome time, an awesome stadium, and an awesome game.