Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Redick"s defensive liability but Hill plays him in the 4th up by 15 points...wtf?

Dont read this post wrong. I like JJ but Hill calls him a defensive liability....however he put him in for the closing minutes when up by 15.

Coach Hill did you put him for scoring? Maybe someone should tell him scorers should be in when we are down to score and catch up. Defensive players should be in when we are up to close the game out....It is really not that hard a concept, even for a midget coach.

Im just trying to figure out Hills moves...they make noooo sense. Next game down by 14 in the fourth I bet he puts in our best defensive line up.

Dont read this post wrong. I like JJ but Hill calls him a defensive liability....however he put him in for the closing minutes when up by 15.

Coach Hill did you put him for scoring? Maybe someone should tell him scorers should be in when we are down to score and catch up. Defensive players should be in when we are up to close the game out....It is really not that hard a concept, even for a midget coach.

Im just trying to figure out Hills moves...they make noooo sense. Next game down by 14 in the fourth I bet he puts in our best defensive line up.

JJ is one of the few players that is constantly in position on defense, and always hustling when he gets in the game. Just face coach dosen't know what he is doing!! once you know this you can stop questioning him and start waiting for better times that he won't be part of.

JJ played pretty well on defense tonight. I only saw him get beat badly once when he didn't get down the court fast enough to pick up Posey. Honestly, I haven't seen him play bad defense all year. He isn't going to be the next Bruce Bowen but he's been solid.

I think the main reason JJ was still in the game was for his free throw shooting if it came down to that.

As im far from being BHill's biggest fan, i also think that you get better by playing defense in a game. I think JJ is getting much better in his defensive execution, but you dont get better if your not in the game, whether we are up by 15 or not. Miami played their starters until about 3 min left, and i like the fact that JJ was still in there, shows me that Hill has more confidence in him and is trying to get him ready for hopefully crunch time in the post season. Lets just hope we get there for him to show

quote:

I'm not surprised to see this, JJ has seen limited amount of daylight, the only way he'll get better is if we give him more minutes on the court.

I think the line up change is a good one. With more time on the floor JJ will begin to spread the defense. Teams will begin to think about double teaming Dwight when JJ and Ariza are on the floor together, I say that because Ariza has the ability to get to the basket very well. His jump shot has also gotten better.

Sorry Im just trying to figure coach hill out. I promise I wont complain either when he calls for bo outlaw to shoot the team defense technical free throws instead of redick. He's the coach and he knows what he is doing.....yeah righto!

You have to excuse Gentry. He has the worst case of typing tourettes that I've ever seen.