Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

John Denton, "this is a dramatically flawed team. It needs 'major' changes"! (blog)

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
originally posted by jack daniel 999

quote:

Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Otis is going to have his hands full of adjusting to do this summer.

Why? What's so difficult about sending a mass email to all the GMs in the league that says: "Anyone on our team except Dwight and Trevor can be had for the right price."

Now that's an idea...LOL

Gee for such a BELIEVER it's ironic that someone would be so glad to see the whole team gone..

For someone that uses sarcasm all the time its funny that you have a hard time recognizing it.

Thanks Emory...I think he's got the hots for me...LOL

Touchdown! (lol)

Is this the whole article, from what I read it sounds like denton is blasting the coach, lack of leadership, grit, maturity, It dosen't say any thing at all about talent being poor as the title of the post states.

1. leader ship starts with the person in charge of the team the coach.

2. Grit, Hustle, or desire to win, Is again started with the coach rewarding the players that work hard and produce. The coach creates the competition among the players on the team, or In our case he dosen't and lets the players become complacent

3. Maturity, the players are young and we know that so where do they look for maturity, Yep the coach.

Where in the article does it say the team lacks talent????????

Please wake me up from this nightmare. We asemble my favorite Magic team since the heart and hustle days. At the same time, we rehire my least favorite coach from the past.

His rotations suck. He makes a shooting guard (Jameer) his point guard, He takes a career small forward (Gran Hill) and makes him his shooting guard. While taking a great bench player (Hedo) and making him a starter. He takes a young face the basket big man (Darko) and makes him into a post up player. His best players will sit out with 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and return when there are five or four minutes left almost every night. He will scream at players and never take responsibility for the loses.

So the solution to these problems is to keep the coach and break up the team.

I will be so sad if we never get to see this roster play under a talented coach.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

There has GOT to be a way to somehow trade for a decent point guard that distributes the ball nicely and still sign Darko for that 6-8 mil/yr range.

Anyone have any ideas?

Play Diener. You'd probably never have to pay him more than 4-5M a year, and you could save that by getting rid of Arroyo. Then you could keep Darko and still go after someone else if you want.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

Please wake me up from this nightmare. We asemble my favorite Magic team since the heart and hustle days. At the same time, we rehire my least favorite coach from the past.

His rotations suck. He makes a shooting guard (Jameer) his point guard, He takes a career small forward (Gran Hill) and makes him his shooting guard. While taking a great bench player (Hedo) and making him a starter. He takes a young face the basket big man (Darko) and makes him into a post up player. His best players will sit out with 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and return when there are five or four minutes left almost every night. He will scream at players and never take responsibility for the loses.

So the solution to these problems is to keep the coach and break up the team.

I will be so sad if we never get to see this roster play under a talented coach.

This is a great post.

/Signed

I did not read this whole thread, but I think this was said before up there somewhere.....

This is a very very very very very talented group of guys. We are deep and we are good. BUT the coach and his style prevents the guys to play to their strenghts......It really upsets me that we will let some people go that should stay here. A lot of guys that can play and will come back to hurt us. When the problem is simple....coaching......We will go out there, trade for and sign some big or bigger names, then next year it will be the same dissapointment.......Why?.......same stupid coach........