Sign in to follow this  
royce59

in defense of the coach

it was not the coaches fault that we fell to the kings, it was simply poor shooting, i mean only jameer was in double digits from the starting 5, and the rest were something like 7 for 26 from the fieald, infact it was the bench players who did most of the scoring last night. Lets hope they shoot better tonight against the heat.

it was not the coaches fault that we fell to the kings, it was simply poor shooting, i mean only jameer was in double digits from the starting 5, and the rest were something like 7 for 26 from the fieald, infact it was the bench players who did most of the scoring last night. Lets hope they shoot better tonight against the heat.

it was 100% coach fault,

he gives significant playing time to 'wrong' players while limiting minutes of 'right' players, and he make completely idiotic rotation

It's amazing how our offense goes through streches where it can't score. I sat there in amazement last night. It's not like the Kings are a defensive juggernaut.

Honestly, this is a flaw of our team that has been played out over and over this season.

This was a team effort. The team deserves the blame and last time I checked Brian Hill is part of the team. The players did not execute in the second half at all. Why?

Hedo is out with a mysterious ailment again.

Grant was useless.

Dwight couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Yes, there is plenty that the players could have done better.

But, what you guys are not understanding is that the coach has responsibility to put players in situations to win.

Explanation: With Hedo out for the second half, Ariza is moved into the starting lineup with Jameer, Grant & Battie. Who are we going to get perimeter shots from? Where are we going to create spacing? If Ariza is forced to start in the second half, than Brian should also start JJ or Bogans. Somebody out on the floor needs to have the capability of shooting from the outside. Without the threat of an outside shooter our offense imploded, and beleive me, it wasn't because Sacramento was playing stellar D. JJ, Darko and Ariza scored 30 points combined in the 2nd quarter. Our entire team only scored 31 points in the entire second half.

The second thing that coach has a responsibility to do is make changes when necessary. If the unit on the floor goes 3-6 minutes without scoring. MAKE A FREAKING CHANGE!!! It's happened way too many times this season. The guys on the floor go through a scoring drought and B Hill changes nothing. Doesn't chnage the plays and certainly doesn't change the personel. He just rides that unit until we finally relinquish our lead or get buried by the point deficit.

So yes, the narrowminded can continue to point the finger at the players that aren't executing. But when is the coach finally going to be held accountable for not flipping the rotations when we look stagnant to find something that works? And when the hell is the coach going to be held accountable for his misuse of players? We need complimentary pieces out on the court. A lineup full of post players and slashers without an outside shooting presence is doomed to fail.

We need a player-type who can take over the game. The presence of Vince Carter or a player of such caliber will help tremendously.

Re: rotations, the magic have a way of going through long stretches w/o scoring, and this should be nipped in the bud. We still need to give Diener a chance to run the point.

We didn't run as much yesterday. Relied heavily on a half court offense once again w/ Howard having an off-night. It doesn't make sense not to use a style of play that works for this young running team.

Hopefully we turn it on vs. Miami.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

This was a team effort. The team deserves the blame and last time I checked Brian Hill is part of the team. The players did not execute in the second half at all. Why?

Hedo is out with a mysterious ailment again.

Grant was useless.

Dwight couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Yes, there is plenty that the players could have done better.

But, what you guys are not understanding is that the coach has responsibility to put players in situations to win.

Explanation: With Hedo out for the second half, Ariza is moved into the starting lineup with Jameer, Grant & Battie. Who are we going to get perimeter shots from? Where are we going to create spacing? If Ariza is forced to start in the second half, than Brian should also start JJ or Bogans. Somebody out on the floor needs to have the capability of shooting from the outside. Without the threat of an outside shooter our offense imploded, and beleive me, it wasn't because Sacramento was playing stellar D. JJ, Darko and Ariza scored 30 points combined in the 2nd quarter. Our entire team only scored 31 points in the entire second half.

The second thing that coach has a responsibility to do is make changes when necessary. If the unit on the floor goes 3-6 minutes without scoring. MAKE A FREAKING CHANGE!!! It's happened way too many times this season. The guys on the floor go through a scoring drought and B Hill changes nothing. Doesn't chnage the plays and certainly doesn't change the personel. He just rides that unit until we finally relinquish our lead or get buried by the point deficit.

So yes, the narrowminded can continue to point the finger at the players that aren't executing. But when is the coach finally going to be held accountable for not flipping the rotations when we look stagnant to find something that works? And when the hell is the coach going to be held accountable for his misuse of players? We need complimentary pieces out on the court. A lineup full of post players and slashers without an outside shooting presence is doomed to fail.

You said make changes, whom would you suggest putting in the game that can shoot or break down defenses? Maybe as John Denton pointed out this team doesn't have much mental toughness either.

Either way I don't see the coach as the major problem. I see a team with "major" personnel flaws.

See Denton blog.

JJ needs to be givin more of a chance, I feel he played a good first half and yet got shafted in the second half, Brain needs to crack open the jar and realize that Dooling, justb ecause he is your designated 6th man, doesnt mean he needs to come in the game......

JJ should have been the first man in the game, an yet he is put in with the game seemingly out of reach........

I stated in my post that having Grant & Ariza both in the game to start the second half was not wise. Two SFs without a jump shot??? Where's our wing player??? We need another shooter out there, especially with Battie playing and Darko not being allowed to take perimeter shots. All I know is that we will continue to have very little chance to win without putting shooters on the floor.

And was it me, or did the Dooling, JJ, Ariza lineup that worked so well against Utah not get used very much last night? The second quarter Ariza and JJ got off. Then they disappeared in the second half. Dooling was brought in to play next to Jameer in many instances. I just don't understand the logic of our lineups on most nights.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

JJ needs to be givin more of a chance, I feel he played a good first half and yet got shafted in the second half, Brain needs to crack open the jar and realize that Dooling, justb ecause he is your designated 6th man, doesnt mean he needs to come in the game......

JJ should have been the first man in the game, an yet he is put in with the game seemingly out of reach........

J.J. played in the second half. I'm not sure how many minutes. He didn't score much in the 2nd half I know. Redick is a rookie. In crunch time he wasn't getting any calls. Especially when he was playing defense. If I was Brian I would have done the same thing. Coach wanted more defense and with a more experienced guy in there it helps. Especially in respect to officials making calls. You know if J.J. would have been in there he would have gotten no respect.

Is it fair? No. It's just life in the NBA.