Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

2007 College Football Season begins this week!!!

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

gotta love it...NCAA Football is back!!!

Which i must say NCAA Football is my favorite sport, and im gonna keep track of the season here on the boards, posting all the info on our Local Florida teams, as well as posting my favorite games of the day, and my picks...

Week One:

THURSDAY:

The season opens up with a very...how should i say...unimportant matchup when Tulsa visits Louisiana-Monroe at 7pm on ESPN2 HD this Thursday...who cares who wins this one...

GAME OF THE DAY- LSU @ Mississippi St. 8pm ESPN HD- LSU will have no trouble with the Bulldogs...LSU will cruise to a victory...

So far so good on my picks...we'll see about tomorrow...

FRIDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- Washington @ Syracuse 8pm ESPN HD- Washington will be an excellent football team this year, and look for them to beat 'Cuse in this one...

Syracuse is a basketball school...lets leave it at that...

SATURDAY:

East Carolina @ Virginia Tech 12pm ESPN HD- The first major sporting event at VT since the shooting back in April, expect an UNBELIEVABLE crowd on hand and im pickin VT to take this one relatively easily...

ECU made this a much better game then people expected, and i think VT's got alot of work to do before their big showdown @ LSU next saturday...

Marshall @ Miami 12pm ESPNU- Gotta go with the Canes, no contest...

Miami took this one relatively easy, as expected...

FIU @ Penn State 12pm- Once again, no contest, Penn State...

lets just say, i cant wait for FIU to visit Miami in 2 weeks...

Western Kentucky @ UF 12:30pm- UF's preseason game so to speak...when your mascot is the hilltoppers, you know youve got problems...

GT @ Notre Dame 3:30 NBC HD- I'm gonna go out and say GT will take this one, ND is overrated as always, and will not be in the top 25 come the end of the season...

ND=OVERRATED

Wake Forest @ BC 3:30pm ABC HD- Gonna go with BC on this one, WF was a cinderella story last year, and i cant see them being that good this year...Wake looked good at the start, but eventually BC got their game on...

Oklahoma St. @ Georgia 6:45pm ESPN2 HD- Gotta go with Georgia here, Georgia's excellent running game will dominate this one...

no upset here...Stafford played well, and thats what UG needs...

UCF @ NC State 6pm- Hate to say it, but gotta go with NC St. in this one, theyre an excellent team, great defense, and UCF will have their hands full in this one...

couldnt be more happy to be wrong...UCF did well, but almost gave up their lead, but they were able to hang on for the victory...

Elon @ USF 8:30pm- Gotta go Bulls here, Elon wont be able to keep up...look out for USF down the road...

nice game by the bulls...but this is Elon we're talkin about...

GAME OF THE DAY- Tennessee at California 8pm ABC HD- Excellent matchup here, Tennessee is much improved from last season, as is California, even with the loss of Marshawn Lynch, but im gonna go with Tennessee in this one, close game, but it will come down to the Offense, and UT takes that battle...

Well,i was wrong about this one...Cal was seeking revenge from last years blowout, and Tenn couldnt deal with the speed that Cal has...

SUNDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY: Northern Colorado @ Hawaii 12:05am- Hawaii will dominate this one, lookout for Hawaii to be this year's Boise St... they have Colt Brennan who could shatter the record books this season, they play an unbelievably easy schedule (the top teams they play are Boise St. and Washington), which may keep them from entering a BCS Bowl, but expect them to go undefeated because of their lights out offense, and their easy schedule...we'll see how the computers handle it come bowl season...

Colt Brennan- 416yds, 6 TDs...AT THE HALF...can you say HEISMAN?!?

MONDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- FSU @ Clemson 8pm ESPN HD- Bobby vs. Tommy, Tommy got the best of his dad last year, but look for his Dad to show him who's boss in this one, my beloved Noles will take this one...

no comment...

this concludes my overview of Week 1...

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

gotta love it...NCAA Football is back!!!

Which i must say NCAA Football is my favorite sport, and im gonna keep track of the season here on the boards, posting all the info on our Local Florida teams, as well as posting my favorite games of the day, and my picks...

Week One:

THURSDAY:

The season opens up with a very...how should i say...unimportant matchup when Tulsa visits Louisiana-Monroe at 7pm on ESPN2 HD this Thursday...who cares who wins this one...

GAME OF THE DAY- LSU @ Mississippi St. 8pm ESPN HD- LSU will have no trouble with the Bulldogs...LSU will cruise to a victory...

So far so good on my picks...we'll see about tomorrow...

FRIDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- Washington @ Syracuse 8pm ESPN HD- Washington will be an excellent football team this year, and look for them to beat 'Cuse in this one...

Syracuse is a basketball school...lets leave it at that...

SATURDAY:

East Carolina @ Virginia Tech 12pm ESPN HD- The first major sporting event at VT since the shooting back in April, expect an UNBELIEVABLE crowd on hand and im pickin VT to take this one relatively easily...

ECU made this a much better game then people expected, and i think VT's got alot of work to do before their big showdown @ LSU next saturday...

Marshall @ Miami 12pm ESPNU- Gotta go with the Canes, no contest...

Miami took this one relatively easy, as expected...

FIU @ Penn State 12pm- Once again, no contest, Penn State...

lets just say, i cant wait for FIU to visit Miami in 2 weeks...

Western Kentucky @ UF 12:30pm- UF's preseason game so to speak...when your mascot is the hilltoppers, you know youve got problems...

GT @ Notre Dame 3:30 NBC HD- I'm gonna go out and say GT will take this one, ND is overrated as always, and will not be in the top 25 come the end of the season...

ND=OVERRATED

Wake Forest @ BC 3:30pm ABC HD- Gonna go with BC on this one, WF was a cinderella story last year, and i cant see them being that good this year...Wake looked good at the start, but eventually BC got their game on...

Oklahoma St. @ Georgia 6:45pm ESPN2 HD- Gotta go with Georgia here, Georgia's excellent running game will dominate this one...

no upset here...Stafford played well, and thats what UG needs...

UCF @ NC State 6pm- Hate to say it, but gotta go with NC St. in this one, theyre an excellent team, great defense, and UCF will have their hands full in this one...

couldnt be more happy to be wrong...UCF did well, but almost gave up their lead, but they were able to hang on for the victory...

Elon @ USF 8:30pm- Gotta go Bulls here, Elon wont be able to keep up...look out for USF down the road...

nice game by the bulls...but this is Elon we're talkin about...

GAME OF THE DAY- Tennessee at California 8pm ABC HD- Excellent matchup here, Tennessee is much improved from last season, as is California, even with the loss of Marshawn Lynch, but im gonna go with Tennessee in this one, close game, but it will come down to the Offense, and UT takes that battle...

Well,i was wrong about this one...Cal was seeking revenge from last years blowout, and Tenn couldnt deal with the speed that Cal has...

SUNDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY: Northern Colorado @ Hawaii 12:05am- Hawaii will dominate this one, lookout for Hawaii to be this year's Boise St... they have Colt Brennan who could shatter the record books this season, they play an unbelievably easy schedule (the top teams they play are Boise St. and Washington), which may keep them from entering a BCS Bowl, but expect them to go undefeated because of their lights out offense, and their easy schedule...we'll see how the computers handle it come bowl season...

Colt Brennan- 416yds, 6 TDs...AT THE HALF...can you say HEISMAN?!?

MONDAY:

GAME OF THE DAY- FSU @ Clemson 8pm ESPN HD- Bobby vs. Tommy, Tommy got the best of his dad last year, but look for his Dad to show him who's boss in this one, my beloved Noles will take this one...

no comment...

this concludes my overview of Week 1...

quote:

Up your nose with a rubber hose!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Don't forget about Who's Now and the 2007 Ultimate Warriors of Checkers League.

If baseball went away, I could probably deal with whatever is left.

What really annoys me, and I've likely stated this on here before, is the fact that during the Summer, you get an hour's worth of baseball highlights on "Baseball Tonight" at 10 PM. Then when Sportscenter comes on, 40 minutes of the 60 minute program are dedicated to the same frickin baseball highlights they showed in the previous hour!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Don't forget about Who's Now and the 2007 Ultimate Warriors of Checkers League.

If baseball went away, I could probably deal with whatever is left.

What really annoys me, and I've likely stated this on here before, is the fact that during the Summer, you get an hour's worth of baseball highlights on "Baseball Tonight" at 10 PM. Then when Sportscenter comes on, 40 minutes of the 60 minute program are dedicated to the same frickin baseball highlights they showed in the previous hour!

I agree. If it weren't for the FIBA tournament and the occasional descent MNF game, ESPN itself would drive me insane at this point.

quote:
f it weren't for all of that frickin baseball and the constant constant highlights on ESPN, et al, it would be Sports Nirvana!

You're just looking for a fight aren't you??? Where are you Osprey... I might need some help.

Me and 3 of my friends are goin to North Carolina for the opener, should be fun. Im thinking about running out on the field and stealing the football if we are getting killed. GO UCF!

quote:
Me and 3 of my friends are goin to North Carolina for the opener, should be fun. Im thinking about running out on the field and stealing the football if we are getting killed. GO UCF!

Nice! Did you get your Texas ticket yet?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
f it weren't for all of that frickin baseball and the constant constant highlights on ESPN, et al, it would be Sports Nirvana!

You're just looking for a fight aren't you??? Where are you Osprey... I might need some help.

Truly, I'd like baseball a lot more if ESPN weren't shoving it down our throats all the time.

Baseball is one of those sports where it is very enjoyable to play but not as enjoyable to watch.