Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

Interesting Option

Rashard

So here's an interesting idea. How about, instead of going after Vince, the Magic go after this guy?

He'd seem to fit better. He's a SF, so he wouldn't be stepping on the 1-2 logjam. He can score from anywhere. He's long. He'd probably want to live somewhere warm after living here (I'm in Seattle) for a while.

The best part? He's still got a lot of years left on those legs.

Rashard

So here's an interesting idea. How about, instead of going after Vince, the Magic go after this guy?

He'd seem to fit better. He's a SF, so he wouldn't be stepping on the 1-2 logjam. He can score from anywhere. He's long. He'd probably want to live somewhere warm after living here (I'm in Seattle) for a while.

The best part? He's still got a lot of years left on those legs.

thats funny,

me and my cousin talk about this happening alot. I mean, us picking up Lewis over Carter. I think that Lewis is a lights out shooter. I think Carter needs to get in a rythm by shooting misses in order to get a hot hand. I dont know if Carter would be able to share the spotlight to where Dwight is still getting his numbers. Lewis and Allen both share the spotlight, and I think Lewis can do this with Dwight. Nothing against Vince, I think bringing him here would be huge too. He is an explosion waiting to happen. He can hang in there with the best of them. In fact, he is one of the best of them.

I think that either of these players would help out this franchise. Lewis might just go better with our team. But who knows?

We have Ariza and Turkolu at the SF position already which is why I like Carter better because he is more of a SG. If we get Lewis and Trade one of our gaurds (Arroyo, Bogans) and Hedo for a starting SG Lewis would work though. Either way we need a 20 + ppg perimeter scorer in free agency this summer.

Every team Carter was on never got better. He left the Raptors in shreds. The Nets were in two straight championships before he got there. He is on the downside of his career. He doesnt play hard and settles for jumpshots.

Rashard is on the upside of his career. Very versatile. Can score in the post and the perimeter. He is also about 6'9-10

The Nets made the finals twice in a very very weak eastern conference. Before they traded for Vince they had already slidden to the middle of the pack in the east. If you look at their roster now I don't see how you can realistically expect them to be much better than they are right now. Remember they have been decamated by injuries.

The Toronto team that Carter somehow dragged to the Eastern conference finals was much much worse talent wise than the Nets are now.

The problem with Rashard (other than the fact that we already have 3 small forwards) is that he is likely to demand a max contract. He has said as much a few times already. I really don't think he is worth that kind of money and unlike Vince he definitely isn't going to take a paycut to play here.

You're right he probably won't but at least there are rumors that he might. lol We all pretty much know for a fact that Rashard won't.

I think 'Shard would fit the Magic better than "Vinsanity." Vince is a good player, but yeah: he's old. Typically, if you're getting old and "playoff experienced" or, better yet, "Finals experienced" that's one thing.

Might as well go for a position you're low at.