Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

Would you rather have Artest or Maggette? (Trade Ideas)

I got to thinking, and I've come to the conclusion that these are the 2 "stars" that would be easiest for us to obtain. Their contracts are only in the $7 million range, and both of their respected teams wouldn't mind trading them.

Artest is arguably the league's best defender, he's solid on offense, and he can bully his way to the basket against anybody. However, he has character issues, he could blow up at any moment, and he could probably retire at any moment too. He'd bring a lot of toughness to this team, though.

Maggette is a very solid player. He's a capable defender, though he gets lazy at times, he can shoot the jump shot, and he can get in the paint. Like Artest, he's stronger than most. Unlike Artest, he doesn't have many character issues. Maggette actually comes off the bench for the Clippers, but he's a scoring machine.

They were both born in 1979, and they both have 8 years of NBA experience... just like Rashard Lewis.

My question to you is -- what would it take to get one of them? It would probably take any combination of Hedo, Ariza, Redick, Jameer, and Arroyo.

Personally, I would do this trade:

Trevor Ariza (the Clippers want a defensive G/F)

Carlos Arroyo (the Clippers also want a backup PG)

For

Corey Maggette

PG - Nelson, Dooling

SG - Maggette, Redick

SF - Lewis, Turkoglu

PF - Battie (or free agent), Augustine

C - Howard, Gortat

You never like to give up young talent like Ariza, but there are two thing of value in the NBA: Talent and potential. In this case, we'd be trading potential for talent. Maggette, being the same age as Rashard Lewis, in the prime of his career, would be a perfect fit for our championship push.

If we got Maggette, I also think we'd be better than the Celtics -- now and in the long run. We'd have a better supporting cast, a much better coach, younger players, and more complementary players.

What do you guys think?

I got to thinking, and I've come to the conclusion that these are the 2 "stars" that would be easiest for us to obtain. Their contracts are only in the $7 million range, and both of their respected teams wouldn't mind trading them.

Artest is arguably the league's best defender, he's solid on offense, and he can bully his way to the basket against anybody. However, he has character issues, he could blow up at any moment, and he could probably retire at any moment too. He'd bring a lot of toughness to this team, though.

Maggette is a very solid player. He's a capable defender, though he gets lazy at times, he can shoot the jump shot, and he can get in the paint. Like Artest, he's stronger than most. Unlike Artest, he doesn't have many character issues. Maggette actually comes off the bench for the Clippers, but he's a scoring machine.

They were both born in 1979, and they both have 8 years of NBA experience... just like Rashard Lewis.

My question to you is -- what would it take to get one of them? It would probably take any combination of Hedo, Ariza, Redick, Jameer, and Arroyo.

Personally, I would do this trade:

Trevor Ariza (the Clippers want a defensive G/F)

Carlos Arroyo (the Clippers also want a backup PG)

For

Corey Maggette

PG - Nelson, Dooling

SG - Maggette, Redick

SF - Lewis, Turkoglu

PF - Battie (or free agent), Augustine

C - Howard, Gortat

You never like to give up young talent like Ariza, but there are two thing of value in the NBA: Talent and potential. In this case, we'd be trading potential for talent. Maggette, being the same age as Rashard Lewis, in the prime of his career, would be a perfect fit for our championship push.

If we got Maggette, I also think we'd be better than the Celtics -- now and in the long run. We'd have a better supporting cast, a much better coach, younger players, and more complementary players.

What do you guys think?

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I rather Maggette but I wouldn't give up Jameer, Ariza, JJ or Dooling for him tho.

Bogans, Hedo, Garrity, Arroyo and Battie I wouldnt mind so much

I agree with you star,I wouldn't giveup Jameer,or Ariza,I would however consider Redick,for sure arroyo,bogans,turk. I tride so many combinations on real gm for Magggete,and the best deal would be Turk,and Bogans for Maggete,and A. williams.

You guys have to be realistic. Other teams don't give away players for the hell of it. If we want a player of Maggette's talent level, we'd have to give up our assets. We need a "now" player to go along with our other "now" player -- Rashard Lewis. Ariza could be special, but he won't develop quick enough to make us compete for a championship while we still have Rashard Lewis. We have a 6-year window with Shard, and Maggette would fit perfectly in that window.

Definitely Maggette over Artest. There's way too many issues with Artest off the court, and every team he's been with has had him as a headache...

Amen to that D-Bo,We need players that are at the same level,and Ariza is a level or two below Shard right now Maggete is right ther and Howard is there,that would be and incredible 1,2,3 punch with those three,and by the time the new arena is ready in 2010 we should be raising a championship banner in it.

This one is easy, trade Hedo for Ron Artest. Maggette is a offensive player only and is not a great shooter. Ron Artest was at his best in Indiana when he was the defensive stopper to compliement Reggie Miller and Jermaine O'Neal. That team won over 50 games 2 years in a row. We have the same inside/outside combo with D12 and 'Shard. I know he has a risk with him but otherwise we have to nice of a team. He has 1 year left on his contract, so he would be on his best behavior. Ron Artest would be the final piece to a championship.

Starting Five:

PG- Nelson

SG- Artest

SF- Lewis

PF- Battie

C- Howard

Here's a serious scenerio,in which I think we could get Maggete,and A.Williams,Orlando sends Ariza,Redick,Arroyo to Clippers,for Maggete and A. Williams. Would you guys do it,will La do it?

quote:
Originally posted by the last don:

This one is easy, trade Hedo for Ron Artest. Maggette is a offensive player only and is not a great shooter. Ron Artest was at his best in Indiana when he was the defensive stopper to compliement Reggie Miller and Jermaine O'Neal. That team won over 50 games 2 years in a row. We have the same inside/outside combo with D12 and 'Shard. I know he has a risk with him but otherwise we have to nice of a team. He has 1 year left on his contract, so he would be on his best behavior. Ron Artest would be the final piece to a championship.

Starting Five:

PG- Nelson

SG- Artest

SF- Lewis

PF- Battie

C- Howard

There is no way SAC do a Hedo for Artest trade straight up, they were interested in Hedo apparently but it was never for Artest, the media just twisted it!