Blackhennie

Your Starting line up

My lineup is:

PG Jameer Nelson

SG JJ Redick

SF Trevor Ariza

PF Rashard Lewis

C Dwight Howard

Reason i picked my lineup is because i think Dooling Arroyo Turkoglu is good backups that can score points. Turk is not a starter. He is not consistent enough to play alot of minutes he proved that last season. Arroyo could be a starter but i just think Jameer is a lot better than him and Dooling is not the shooter JJ is but he is explosive like Ariza who is compared to a younger version of Shawn Marion for his defensive/great finisher playing style so he has to start. So Dooling would be nice off the bench for his defensive and energy he brings. Now the backup bigs is the only problem but its not like there gonna get alot of minutes anyways. Im just worried if Lewis or Howard was to get injured who will come and fill in and be productive enough to help win games with.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

My lineup is:

PG Jameer Nelson

SG JJ Redick

SF Trevor Ariza

PF Rashard Lewis

C Dwight Howard

Reason i picked my lineup is because i think Dooling Arroyo Turkoglu is good backups that can score points. Turk is not a starter. He is not consistent enough to play alot of minutes he proved that last season. Arroyo could be a starter but i just think Jameer is a lot better than him and Dooling is not the shooter JJ is but he is explosive like Ariza who is compared to a younger version of Shawn Marion for his defensive/great finisher playing style so he has to start. So Dooling would be nice off the bench for his defensive and energy he brings. Now the backup bigs is the only problem but its not like there gonna get alot of minutes anyways. Im just worried if Lewis or Howard was to get injured who will come and fill in and be productive enough to help win games with.

having ariza as a start gives us more bigs off the bench, like battie, gortat, and augie.

i still lean more toward this one

Dooling/Arroyo (if we don't trade him)

JJ/Meer (i know, he's small, but he's better suited for this position height aside and i think he could provide a great spark off the bench)

Ariza/Turk

Shard/Gortat/Augie/Fran (if we can ever get him to play for us)

Howard/Battie/Augie

And i still think trading Bogans and Arroyo to Miami for Haslem/Doleac wouldn't be too bad a move either.....

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

Diener/Dooling

Ariza/JJ

Lewis

Darko

Howard

sigh..

deiner never got his chance here. hang bhill. lol.

Good idea. A celebrate BHill avatar was overdue

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

i still lean more toward this one

Dooling/Arroyo (if we don't trade him)

JJ/Meer (i know, he's small, but he's better suited for this position height aside and i think he could provide a great spark off the bench)

Ariza/Turk

Shard/Gortat/Augie/Fran (if we can ever get him to play for us)

Howard/Battie/Augie

And i still think trading Bogans and Arroyo to Miami for Haslem/Doleac wouldn't be too bad a move either.....

cap wize. arroyo and bogan will only get you haslem no doleac.

quote:

okay, so without the trade idea, how does that lineup look? notice that i didn't include haslem or doleac, i'm only looking at what we've got now.....

I like dooling. alot of people think that you dont have enough shooting with dooling or arroyo at point. I ,as well ,like nelson because he helps d12 with spacing. i love dooling def and energy and he can shoot the mide range shot, but nelson is better at getting the team set up on offense and is better at creating off the dribble.

I would like to see what that lineup could do though. dooling is 6"3 and gives us both of our defensive stoppers in the line up. he is also better suited to play next to jj. but Nelson gives us more punch on offense with shooting/creativeness and better handle for teams that press us in the back court.

dooling is the better combo guard because he can guard teams big guards and play teams points. This is the mean reason i like dooling over arroyo. thus i think that dooling is more suited for coming off the bench then nelson because he is better in a combo role.

good thought though.

by what you're saying though, i'd rather have nelson coming off the bench to be the scorer for the 2nd unit along with hedo. those two seemed to play well together and they could run the floor together. and as you said, dooling plays better alongside jj and anything you can do to get the most out of them then do it.

i don't want to overload our starting lineup then have no one backing them up. dooling could do well off the bench, but i'd like our 2nd unit to be creative and have offensive power and that means nelson. granted i am not sure how well dooling would do as our PG but i'm willing to give him the chance.

there's been too many times that i've watched our 2nd unit not be able to score points and i think nelson can address that. would he particularly LIKE being moved to the bench? maybe not, but i think if we can get a ring put in his finger he might get comfortable with the winning we're doing.....

quote:

by what you're saying though, i'd rather have nelson coming off the bench to be the scorer for the 2nd unit along with hedo. those two seemed to play well together and they could run the floor together. and as you said, dooling plays better alongside jj and anything you can do to get the most out of them then do it.

i don't want to overload our starting lineup then have no one backing them up. dooling could do well off the bench, but i'd like our 2nd unit to be creative and have offensive power and that means nelson. granted i am not sure how well dooling would do as our PG but i'm willing to give him the chance.

there's been too many times that i've watched our 2nd unit not be able to score points and i think nelson can address that. would he particularly LIKE being moved to the bench? maybe not, but i think if we can get a ring put in his finger he might get comfortable with the winning we're doing.....

I think that dooling, turk, and maybe arroyo would be enough scorering. we will mostly alway play either howard and our lewis on the court, so we have a go to player on offense.

Nelson bring the ball up 30+ mins a game is safer then dooling bring it up 30+ mins a game. the reason arroyo became the back point sometimes was for ball handling against defensive presses. dooling can do it but maybe no more then 20mins. dooling in a reserve role gives him the energy to play all out when he is on the court. nelson, jj, lewis is scary when howard has the ball. would you double team? You may think twice or three times (lol).

dooling does have a needed role for our team. when we play big point i see him getting more mins. but for the most part nelson is better. imo.

see i don't know enough about dooling at PG. apologies all around. i just think ariza would benefit more from having dooling around, and i KNOW that turk would do better with nelson with him. i saw enough of those 2 to know they work well together.....but if dooling can't play the point well enough then maybe nelson is our only hope. dooling, arroyo, and turk as the 2nd unit WOULD be pretty good....

Nelson/Arroyo

JJ/Dooling

Shard/Turk

Ariza/Battie

Howard/Gortat (big men positions are kinda iffy ATM....)

is that what you're thinking of?