Originally posted by JayDubya28:

I'd like to see them give this lineup a try

PG- Nelson

SG- Ariza

SF- Turk

PF- Lewis

Ce- Dwight

thats my lineup as well...

Lewis has an excellent inside game, although, we will have a problem when we face teams with 2 good offensive post threats, like Detroit, Phoenix, NY, etc., because we'd normally put D12 vs. the opponents primary big, but because theres 2...yeah...you get the idea...

other than that, i say he gets the nod at PF...BUT i will say that i believe they'll grab another PF (PJ Brown, K. Brown, Haslem, Webber, etc.) and that would change the situation entirely...

Agreed, ideally we could bring in a big like Kwame or Etan through a trade involving Arro and Pat's expiring deals, which would give us another big to help take the pressure off Dwight defensively. The way Otis has been speaking, I believe Rashard is going to be a PF for us, which could possibly work but it sure would be nice to bring in another big guy like Kwame or Etan off the bench. We could also start Etan or Kwame and then bring Turk, Ariza, or JJ off the bench (which everyone isn't starting). This would give us a great deal of versatility, because we could go defensive with Dwight, Ariza, Etan/Kwame, Dooling or we could go offensive with Dwight, Reshard, Turk, JJ, Nelson. I am very interested to see if Reshard can play PF, I think Dwight will gobble up rebounds near the basket as usual and then Reshard can use his length to grab the long rebounds. Dirk plays the perimeter so I think Reshard could survive but the difference is Reshard has Dwight, while Drik has who? Diop? Dampier?

I'd go with the look of this team:

Nelson

JJ (Ariza if JJ's defense is too bad)

Lewis

Battie

Howard

Lewis could switch into PF on smaller lineup days. I'd sleep better at night knowing that Turk would come off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Black And Blue:

Nelson

Lewis

Battie

Howard

Lewis could switch into PF on smaller lineup days. I'd sleep better at night knowing that Turk would come off the bench.

I think Gortat can end up getting more minutes at PF together with Howard.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:

Nelson

Lewis

Battie

Howard

gortat showed me alot in sl and he is 7foot.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

Nelson

Lewis

Battie

Howard

If Gortat does well enough to be in the starting lineup his rookie season in the NBA that would be insane. I hope you guys are right, but he will definitely have an uphill battle.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

Nelson

Lewis

Battie

Howard

If Gortat does well enough to be in the starting lineup his rookie season in the NBA that would be insane. I hope you guys are right, but he will definitely have an uphill battle.

he has size, block 3 shot a game in sl, and a better passer then i alot of bigs. It was summer league but remember those players just met each other and barly practiced and he made some very good passes. The summer league does have nba player playing in it and that is better then college play.

quote:

You have to remember that he is no rookie and of what I have seen of his abilities he moves like a PF with speed on the way back and enough weight to displace lots of NBA PF's and many centers. I dont think he will start but will get more time as the season progresses. Its not insane but just improbable but not impossible.

quote:

quote:

You have to remember that he is no rookie and of what I have seen of his abilities he moves like a PF with speed on the way back and enough weight to displace lots of NBA PF's and many centers. I dont think he will start but will get more time as the season progresses. Its ot insane but just improbable but not impossible.

he may be able to fill the voild left by darko; some what.

PG- Nelson

SG- Ariza

SF- Turk

PF- Lewis

Ce- Dwight

Only way this lineup works defensively is if you are in a zone defense, Lewis will get torn up on the defensive end in man.

My line up

PG Nelson

SG JJ

SF Lewis

PF Howard

C Battie

All kinds of defenses are possible with this lineup, depending on the oposing SG I think Ariza can switch out for strong defense.

quote:
Originally posted by DBLdrbl:

PG- Nelson

SG- Ariza

SF- Turk

PF- Lewis

Ce- Dwight

Only way this lineup works defensively is if you are in a zone defense, Lewis will get torn up on the defensive end in man.

My line up

PG Nelson

SG JJ

SF Lewis

PF Howard

C Battie

All kinds of defenses are possible with this lineup, depending on the oposing SG I think Ariza can switch out for strong defense.

the only thing is you should switch battie and howard because the team has stated the howard is a center for the years to come. howard better at center then battie any way.