Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Will D12 start on the US National Team??

We basically have a three man frontcourt, IMO. Amare, Dwight, and Bosh. Two of those guys'll start at C and PF, while the third guy gets the most bench minutes. Maybe Chandler will get some minutes to be a rebound maniac.

Then at SF.. boy that's tough. Player for player, I think LeBron's better than 'Melo, but Melo was USA's best player last time out. Maybe they'll just split the minutes, and whoever's playing better in any given game gets the 4th quarter minutes? I dunno.

At SG is Kobe starting and finishing, no doubt. The only guy who should really push him for any sort of minutes is Michael Redd.

To me the big "problem" is point guard: Chauncey Billups? Jason Kidd? Deron Williams??

What do you guys think? I learn towards putting Kidd in at the big moments, because with this many scorers on one team you need a pure point guard, not a fifth guy who can fill up the basket.

Kidd, Redd, Kobe, Bosh, Howard....

Got to have pure shooting out there. We have found that out, time and time again. Redd gets the nod.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

Got to have pure shooting out there. We have found that out, time and time again. Redd gets the nod.

which is why kidd is out there??

quote:

No, guy. I didnt say you have to have 5 pure shooters out there. Just 1. Thats why everyone elses lineup of Kidd, Kobe, Lebron, Amare, and Dwight is falling into the same trap as the last 3 or 4 international teams. You need a Redd type out there for pure shooting. Not 5 scorers.

quote:

quote:

No, guy. I didnt say you have to have 5 pure shooters out there. Just 1. Thats why everyone elses lineup of Kidd, Kobe, Lebron, Amare, and Dwight is falling into the same trap as the last 3 or 4 international teams. You need a Redd type out there for pure shooting. Not 5 scorers.

gotcha...but i dont think theres anyway that coach K doesnt start LeBron...i just dont see him doing it...

quote:

quote:

Carmelo is as close to a pure shooter as they have right now, Kobe will start a the 2 no doubt, he is not sf, I think a lineup of

Kidd

Kobe

Melo

Amare

Dwight

Would kill the internationals

And D, no way Bosh starts he is good but he is to finesse, Amare can hit the J and he can bump inside he should get the nod over Bosh.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

quote:

Carmelo is as close to a pure shooter as they have right now, Kobe will start a the 2 no doubt, he is not sf, I think a lineup of

Kidd

Kobe

Melo

Amare

Dwight

And D, no way Bosh starts he is good but he is to finesse, Amare can hit the J and he can bump inside he should get the nod over Bosh.

like i said, i think its highly unlikely that Bron doesnt start...

and we as magic fans may be blind to this, but is there a chance that D12 doesnt start??

maybe it will be Stoudemire at C, and Bosh or LeBron at PF??

not that i think thats how it should be...but it is a possibility...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

quote:

Kidd

Kobe

Melo

Amare

Dwight

like i said, i think its highly unlikely that Bron doesnt start...

and we as magic fans may be blind to this, but is there a chance that D12 doesnt start??

maybe it will be Stoudemire at C, and Bosh or LeBron at PF??

not that i think thats how it should be...but it is a possibility...

If coach K wants to win he will not start Bron, and Coach K has said he wants to. Also coach K isnt an idiot Dwight is the best rebounder on the team, and FIBA has no goaltending so Dwight will start, Amare doesnt play C, he plays pf.