Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

www.firebrianhill.org

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

Thanks Solution! This was the third mention of FBHorg in one of Bianchi's articles. This time, he backed way off. I think he may have developed a secret crush. To give so much press to something you despise is a little weird. I think he realised the millenium mark is just around the corner. The great thing is that this is all online! Imagine if a couple of us took pen and pad to a game! I bet we'd get at least 500 there...per game...

THAT IS A GREEEAAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I want to know what it would take to buy BHill out??

Brian Hill will get paid all contract monies unless he does something stupid like hitting a fan or a player. At the end of this year Brian Hill will have completed 2 years of a 4 year contract.

The most likely scenario is that Brian Hill agrees to take another position w/the Magic Organization with the same salary for the 2 remaining years.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

I want to know what it would take to buy BHill out??

Brian Hill will get paid all contract monies unless he does something stupid like hitting a fan or a player. At the end of this year Brian Hill will have completed 2 years of a 4 year contract.

The most likely scenario is that Brian Hill agrees to resign and take another position w/the Magic Organization with the same salary for the 2 remaining years.

That again was the reason for my search, because this also counts against the cap, I think??? But more to the point Solution, the article says what we have been saying ever since he got back.

He was touted as the second comming of (I refuse say Jesus, but that is how the press reacted)It ammazes me that if your building anytype of sports team, why would you consider an individual that loses his players and has proven to be ineffective in approach elsewhere aka Vancouver, 31 wins in 2 years???? On top of that your players hate you there too!!! Now they bring him back and his first official act is to fire Clifford Ray, and bench D12 for being 5 mins late to a meeting!!!!!!!! I think you understand my line of questioning.

Coaches salaries don't count against the cap but it does have an effect on the franchise profits. My guess is that coach Hill and GM Otis are two of the lowest paid in their positions.

We all agree that NBA salaries are too high. To have a winning team you have to spend your money wisely. Some have suggested going after Darko on the open Market and not giving away a first round pick or taking on Arroyo's $4,000,000 contract would have been the smarter thing to do. I Can't argue with that.

I do believe the Magic this year have a $5,000,000 exception for players(s)that will not go against the cap. Teams submit questions to the NBA authority on a regular basis trying to determine what will or will not be accepted. This is a challenging subject for all, including Otis.

The Magic ultimately will have to pay matching dollars to the league for every dollar spent on PLAYERS over the cap. When going over the cap, the team does not share in the funds collected from the penalized teams (New York for example), and this can be very substantial for a small market team like Orlando.

The Orlando Magic claim to lose money and do not open their books for scrutiny raising big questions about radio, tv, clothes, concessions, magazine, and other revenue. If the Magic were to sell the franchise for $300,000,000 (original cost approx. $82,000,000), the gain would be substantial.

O.K. I can see how your name got established, that was quite an education for me. Smoe things I was a bit vague on, like the coaches salaries. Most teams do claim a loss for tax purposes, but as we all know how that works!!! Good job, I am in front of the game now, so I will look for you during the breaks.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

my question to you guy's is are you aware of this article about BHill that was written 2 years ago, but speak volumes today, and did RDV consider any of it???????

here is the link: www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba_articles_articles/rankings_the_head_coaches-23188.html

Thanks Chosen.

This article, history, records, Shaq, Penny, Bibby, Horace Grant, and others should have left some impression on Rich Devos.

I believe the true character of the CEO and owner is most demonstrated when he is able to acknowledge making a mistake. Knappy and all of us fans who care, need to hear that.

Article:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba/nba-articles/ranking-the-n...coaches-ar23188.html

Ranking the NBA Head Coaches

In addition to the fact that Dwight Howard said not to point fingers at the coach and that this is a team problem, Dwight said (repeatedly) that the Magic should be in the playoffs. The discussion forum generally agrees that if the team is not playing to its potential, the coach needs to go.

The petition is approaching 800 signatures and continues to grow. Brian's offensive scheme is doing more to insure his departure than any billboard or other idea conceived. Almost every person I talked to yesterday knew of the Mike Bianchi article or had heard of the www.firebrianhill.org website. MOMENTUM is on our side.

Rich Devos, when in town, normally sits 5 rows behind the Magic bench. Last night Rich was seated next to the bench. As you recall, Coach Hill's wife was uncomfortable in the Detroit game because of fan behavior. There was also action taken by security to remove Fire Brian Hill signs and to chase the fans that went vocal with the coach after the Chicago game - also Coach Hill got into a confrontation with a fan at the Charlotte game. It is becoming increasingly more unsafe and likely that Rich Devos was moved for security reasons.

Profound!!!! Did RDV hear any of the fireBHill chants or sell the team type of things? He should be well aware of what the Magic faithful think of this coach!!

I did hear the boos when Brian was introduced but the fans in general were in shock and disgusted after losing a big lead in the 3rd quarter, and generally became fed up and left early.

Sacramento is not a good team and had come into the game after a long losing streak and were back to back after playing Miami. This was a BAD, BAD, LOSS!!!!

Sorry about the delay, the game is on ya know!!!I would love to have been a fly on the wall after the game. This (Magic) must be one heck of a write off, why else would any successful international organization aka Amway, put themselves through this.

QUOTES

(1 of 3)

Some recent quotes from writers and board members on the state of this team:

WRITERS:

"Not even Jackson could win with this team"-Bianchi

"The roster has major flaws"-Denton

"This team needs to be rebuilt again over the summer"-Brian Schmitz

BOARD MEMBERS:

"Anybody that can figure this team out is a better man than me"-Ball Junkie

"it's the coaching"-JJZ

"We have a great group of players, when utilized properly we will be able to play with any team in the league"-SmackDaddy

"The talent is there, we don't need much more"-fishybashi

"We need to realize that this team plays effectively when it plays up tempo"-Drunk on Mystery

"There is nothing wrong with the roster"-MagicmaninMiami

"It is simple, have BHill throw away the playbook, free players of that predictable offense"-chosen12

Looks like the same conclusion (the writers need to sign the petition and change their ways). The coach needs to go.

Do you remember at the beginning of the year that Brian Hills goal was to win 3 out of every 5 games and that the end result would be 50 wins.

This is what that chart would look like today:

5 GAME SETS STATUS

no....W....L......succeed?

.1.....3....2.......yes +0

.2.....4....1.......yes +1

.3.....4....1.......yes +2

.4.....3....2.......yes +2

.5.....1....4........no +0

.6.....2....3........no -1

.7.....4....1.......yes +0

.8.....1....4........no -2

.9.....1....4........no -4

10.....2....3........no -5

11.....2....3........no -6

12.....1....4........no -8

13.....1....4........no -10

14.....3....2.......yes -10

15.....2....3........no -11

16.....2..............? (incl Milw win)

17.....................? (only 2 games last set)