Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The next president.

quote:
Right now my school diversity consists of

"Clinton: Great president? or Greatest president?"

"Pro-abortion? or Pro-late term abortion?"

Really? How obvious is this? Specific examples?

I really should video tape a class laecture and upload it for you. Even a liberal as yourself would find it entirely one-sided. At least, I hope you would.

One of our assignments, two semesters ago, was to attend one of three anti-war rallies, and write a paper outlining their main points, and then VALIDATING those points in your own terms.

Why not give a choice of an issue with two sides, let the student choose which to cover, and write their paper thereof?

On a side note, do you know how hard it is to clarify anything said at an anti-war rally? It's like going to a PETA demonstration and finding out what they disapprove of. The possibilities are limitless. Lol.

I tend to agree with your assessment of the far-right being alienated by Giuliani (they are the reason the Democrats won the midterms), but my guess is they come out anyway, just to stop Hillary.

quote:
but my guess is they come out anyway, just to stop Hillary.

Perhaps... I don't see it as enough though. All Hillary has to do is keep Pennsylvania, and win either Florida or Ohio... and she is the next prez.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

What about the students who are conservative? What do they say?

Anti-war rallies, even though I agree with plenty of what they are saying, are unorganized and embarrassing...

The conservative students are abviously the ones who get browbeat by the professors. I have even witnessed a professor "politely" tell a student his ideas were "idiotic and bigoted."

(I believe it was during a discussion of profiling at airports)

Its sad, I am friends with both liberal and conservative students and some of the cons tell me they constantly bite their tongues in class for fear of a backlash, orally or on their papers.

I think that Hillary is likely the next president if the voting happened now. Fortunately there is still over one and a half years till the real vote. I believe there is a person out there that has the people's back more than any that you offered in your poll. His name is Ralph Nader. Unfortunately the corporate media will not let his message get out to the majority of the voters. Free Speech TV and Link TV are the only independent media outlets on television that will let his kind of progressive views be aired. This is the state of the USA as I now speak. The people that run this country and the media are bought and sold by giant corporations. If anybody with aspirations to become powerful in politics has to bow down to these companies or there views do get out to the people.

I am so sick of Fox News, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN that I could puke. They are just talking heads for the giant corporations. If you think that any of these people you listed for president will really do anything to help the middle class and working poor then you have been duped by the media and the corporations that run them.

Also I do not see it getting any better. As I write the top one percent wealthiest people have as much capital as the bottom 90 percent.

Do you think that this will change any time soon? It is not in there interest to change anything.

Outsourcing the middle class jobs to third world countries for corporate profits makes these companies more powerful and shrinks the middle class. Which is exactly why they do this. Then on top of that they are controlling more and more media to tell that corporate profit is a good thing for our economy.

Do you honestly see than Clinton, Obama, Edwards, or anyone else on this list taking on the Corporate bastards? I do not.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
but my guess is they come out anyway, just to stop Hillary.

Perhaps... I don't see it as enough though. All Hillary has to do is keep Pennsylvania, and win either Florida or Ohio... and she is the next prez.

So your prediction is that Hillary get the Democratic nod? Who will her running mate be?

fan for too long.... YOU ARE MY HERO!

As for myself... I have fallen into the trap like many other idealists. I voted third party in the last election, and am proud of it. However, it looks like I will sell my soul for a chance to make it in the game. I have a few more months to make up my mind on which candidate I will support, and join the campaign. Then, hopefully they will win, allowing me to ride his/her coattails to the top.

I love Ralph Nader. He is a great man with great ideals, and a hell of a patriot. However, supporting him doesn't bold well for my political future. Please, convince me otherwise!

Well we certainly saw the power of the internet in the last campaign with the influence Howard Dean gained through it. All of Dean's preliminary campaigning was web based and he gained some major support and funding through it.

This time around, the Unity08 movement is taking the same philosophies and applying them to elect a bi-partisan candidate. It seems very idealistic, but if these sorts of movements as well as candidates find the right avenue for major exposure there is no telling how many votes can be garnered.

WP, thanks for the praise but I don't want to be anyone's hero. I want the american people to wake the f*** up!!!!

Please if we don't realize that we are being led into a pit of dispair and change it from the bottom up then we might aswell just give up. Play video games, smoke dope and be oblivious to any problems in the world.

This is what the leaders, political and corporate would love us to do. Follow them blindly and you get what you deserve. If you do not follow your convictions then you are just as bad as they are. Everybody loves a winner. But when it comes down to it what did you win. The right to say you voted for the winner. Oh wow what a prize. Meanwhile while you were voting for your so called winner. Our infant mortality rate is 25th of the industrialized nations. Our water is being privatized in many areas around this country. Oil is ruining our clean air, killing innocents in other countries because we think we have the inherent right to control it. The poor keep getting poorer and the rich; richer. If these among many other problems are not enough to change your mind then you are allready a lost cause.

If you want to see what corporate greed is doing to this country take a tour of small town america in the midwest. Where I came from. All you see is closed factories, run down housing, ghost towns, cause their are no jobs anymore.

Somehow, Somewhere there has to be a leader to stick his neck out and risk it being taken to wake the half asleep people of this country. I fear its too late.