Sign in to follow this  
Jaguars06

3/14/07 Bianchi article

The Bianchi article

This is a first, a magic article that actually points some fingers at Otis Smith for putting together a bad roster. Nice article Bianchi.

I am not a fan of this offense. The Brian Hill offense is slow and not going to EVER win much without a Shaq on his roster. How about a roster filled with players that have far to many questions marks (ie: Carlos Arroyo, Jameer Nelson, Darko Milicic, J.J. Redick, Travis Diener, James Augustine) or who might not be on a nba roster next year.(ie: Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw) It is painful to root for this team. It sucks to be a fan for any bad team, but really sucks to root for one that seems to always have the management or coach screwing up bad.

How does Garrity or outlaw get into about half the games when Augustine and Diener and Redick hardly sniff the court. Does Garrity or Outlaw have a future with this team. This team sucks out loud.

Please get a hold of Rashard Lewis Otis!!!!!!!!

Otis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bianchi article

This is a first, a magic article that actually points some fingers at Otis Smith for putting together a bad roster. Nice article Bianchi.

I am not a fan of this offense. The Brian Hill offense is slow and not going to EVER win much without a Shaq on his roster. How about a roster filled with players that have far to many questions marks (ie: Carlos Arroyo, Jameer Nelson, Darko Milicic, J.J. Redick, Travis Diener, James Augustine) or who might not be on a nba roster next year.(ie: Pat Garrity, Bo Outlaw) It is painful to root for this team. It sucks to be a fan for any bad team, but really sucks to root for one that seems to always have the management or coach screwing up bad.

How does Garrity or outlaw get into about half the games when Augustine and Diener and Redick hardly sniff the court. Does Garrity or Outlaw have a future with this team. This team sucks out loud.

Please get a hold of Rashard Lewis Otis!!!!!!!!

Otis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to say that this was the most significant article Bianchi had ever written and I find myself agreeing with everything he states. The whole organization is at fault for this pathetic display, including ownership. Being jovial is one thing but laughing and joking around when you're being paid millions to perform and you're doing so in a half @$$ed manor, is another. Maybe this is just youthful inexpiriance that's taking place, lets hope they grow up soon.

What I don't understand here is that we were able to win at the earlier part of the season, so there is no doubt that this team is capable of winning. Then we blame the management for it?? Otis has done a tremendous job as a GM. Sure, he didn't make any significant roster move this offseason and before the trade deadline? But who would when you know what you have assembled is capable of winning.

We have a good team right here, it was evident with the 13-4 start. But I would never blame Otis for not joining the trade deadline, mainly because we have set our eye of this year's free agency. Any more can become disastrous on our dream of signing a big time FA. Sure we could have gotten VC, but would you trade Darko, Ariza and Hedo? I don't think even Weisbrod would do that.

The problem here is the strategy. The failure to make changes. Look at how we are losing and the only significant change we saw was Arroyo's 2-game benching, Darko wouldn't even get this opportunity without Tony getting injured. Look at how Brian said he would make changes, but how long before we saw the changes? We loss 10 of the last 12, but are there any significant changes??? NONE.

What was so funny that Nelson couldn't stop laughing when shooting those free throws? Most people want to laugh at the joke too, what was so funny?

Bianchi was doing great in that article "frowning Jameer turnover sticker" HAHAHAHA! good one. Too bad he then went on to say "not even Phil Jackson could win with this team" hmm...

Hello mr. Bianch, we've had much more "terrible rosters" than this one, and we won more. Heck in the mid 90s we had one of the worst benches in the NBA! This is the first season nobody on the team sucks (Garrity doesn't count because he's really a cheerleader).

We can blame everybody, but until the organization hires a coach who is a winner nothing's really going to change.

Sad state of affairs, but can the truth really wake them up? Apparently not if they continue to laugh at themselves. There's no chemistry there. Dwight has his head in the clouds. Jameer laughing at the free throw line..no more to be said there. Wonder what JJ had to say. He was really frustrated in the game against the Bobcats. They were close and could have won it if some of those guys would have just played like a team. Not surprised that Otis is venting. They weren't listening when the fans were grumbling. Now the media has taken hold of this mess. If this continues they won't be able to turn on the TV or open a newspaper where they're not being slammed. If the game in Charlotte wasn't enough, reading this article should be enough to get their attention. It was pretty harsh, but nothing but the truth.

Wow! I wish Jaguars would have worded his thread topic differently.

A lot of people probably won't click on this thread the way it's worded. It looks boring.

Trust me, it's anything but boring! I wish this could be highlighted all over the main Magic forum for all to see. Especially "all" the coach bashers we have on this site.

I especially loved this quote from Mike:

quote:
The easiest thing to do is point a finger at the coach and say, "Fire him." And, certainly, Hill deserves his share of the criticism, but I don't think Phil Jackson could win with this team. When you look at this roster, who other than Howard could start for one of the premier teams in the league?

Phil Jackson? Funny stuff Bianchi but it very well could be true.

Glad to see the media in various sites this morning is looking at the many faults of this team and "not" blaming Brian Hill for everything. I know ultimately though he will get the blame and the fall.

I agree fendi, the parts to this team when working together and playing basketball with intensity and hustle can win and it is proven so. I think the pieces are there and the talents. Its a shame that some personnel have the characteristics of clowns.

I like Otis and what he's trying to put together here and I think he will be successful. He's a smart guy and will do what the franchise needs in order to be successful, provided he does have control, meaning those above letting go of the strings.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

I agree fendi, the parts to this team when working together and playing basketball with intensity and hustle can win and it is proven so. I think the pieces are there and the talents. Its a shame that some personnel have the characteristics of clowns.

I like Otis and what he's trying to put together here and I think he will be successful. He's a smart guy and will do what the franchise needs in order to be successful, provided he does have control, meaning those above letting go of the strings.

NBR, we won initially cause teams were figuring us out like Charles Barkley said. Now since the trades teams have figured out how to play us.

I too wonder as Bianchi says, "outside of Dwight it looks like a team of role players".

I do agree with that, but as I said, Brian has failed to make changes. So no matter how teams are able to figure us, we know that this roster would work, its just that Brian's strategies is living in the past.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

I do agree with that, but as I said, Brian has failed to make changes. So no matter how teams are able to figure us, we know that this roster would work, its just that Brian's strategies is living in the past.

How can you make changes when as Bianchi says you have a flawed roster full of role players?

I don't think Brian is doing a great job but I wouldn't put everything on him either. It's an organizational failure meaning everyobody.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

NBR, we won initially cause teams were figuring us out like Charles Barkley said. Now since the trades teams have figured out how to play us.

I too wonder as Bianchi says, "outside of Dwight it looks like a team of role players".

Figuring us out, mate a two year old from what I saw could figure us out. Does that fall on the players and there abilities or the game plan instructed? Regardless, this isn't favoring the players in any way because potential or not if they can't get the job done the formula isn't worth following.

My statement and belief in this team are in regard to talent of the individuals and how they mix. It is no doubt there, they compliment each others games and have to grow, but if it continues on the path that it is, it must be broken up.