Sign in to follow this  
el fede

Will Magic make the playoffs this year?

i guess your right rich...i just think all those teams have a much less signfificant drop off after their main guys than we do....seriously we are extremely thin after those guys and dwight has proven in no way to be an offensive force in the least

Another thing that pisses me off, is people saying Dwight has no offensive capbilties, when it is impossible for anyone player to guard him one on one, the great defenders all tried and all got schooled, he struggled with the quadruple teams and the fact that his coach didnt get him no space. He is a very formidable scorer, and he has improved each year so this year with probally an improved short range shot, and better spacing on the court Dwight Howard will dominate

Also teams wont be able to just toss the entire team at him or they will pay because Turk will kill um, Lewis will kill them, and JJ will kill them, hell Ariza gets the ball with no defenders on him, he is going to make a poster

Let's compare our new Orlando Magic to the Championship Miami Heat...

PG - Nelson vs. Williams -- advantage Nelson

SG - Ariza vs. Wade -- advantage Wade

SF - Turkoglu vs. Posey -- advantage Turkoglu

PF - Lewis vs. Haslem -- advantage Lewis

C - Howard vs. O'Neal -- advantage O'Neal

Coach - SVG vs. Riley -- SVG is the better coach, but Riley is the better motivator.

We stack up pretty well, even against the "best" of the East.

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Temple_Kiwi:

i guess your right rich...i just think all those teams have a much less signfificant drop off after their main guys than we do....seriously we are extremely thin after those guys and dwight has proven in no way to be an offensive force in the least

Which is exactly why we got Rashard. It's just the same as Wade going down in an injury, Lebron, Bosh... their teams will suffer. So best bet is to just hope it doesn't happen to our players. Look at Tim Duncan, can you see any other awesome big to replace him if he goes down? They have solid backups there, but nobody can completely take the slack if Timmy goes down. Can't have a team full of all-stars.

And for how old the Pistons are, it's just a wonder that they seem to get through whole seasons without major, if any, injuries.

Oh, almost forgot. Barring any significant injuries and bad luck, definitely top 4 seed or better.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Coach - SVG vs. Riley -- SVG is the better coach, but Riley is the better motivator.

Shaqs old, at this point in there careers Dwight is better then Shaq

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Another thing that pisses me off, is people saying Dwight has no offensive capbilties, when it is impossible for anyone player to guard him one on one, the great defenders all tried and all got schooled, he struggled with the quadruple teams and the fact that his coach didnt get him no space. He is a very formidable scorer, and he has improved each year so this year with probally an improved short range shot, and better spacing on the court Dwight Howard will dominate

1 on 1 defense? Oh, just ask Amare Stoudemire for tips. His flopping skills together with biased referee calls owned Dwight hard.

lol

yeah but teams that re sign there own players often find that they will re sign at a cheaper price in order for thne team to be successful and be able to sign quality players around them(spurs) and i dont believe this 10 mil darko situation at all.....

The Magic making the playoffs shouldn't even be a question. That is expected from them. Are they going to be top 4 in the East? Well, that's the question I'd like to know. IMHO, I'd be happy if we finish 6th or better. Finishing top 4 would be more than I can ask for.

quote:

quote:

I think Championship Shaq is still better than Dwight. Dwight is better than Shaq today, of course, but not '05-06 Championship Shaq, I don't think.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think Championship Shaq is still better than Dwight. Dwight is better than Shaq today, of course, but not '05-06 Championship Shaq, I don't think.

What, Shaq didnt do crap in the finals that year, I think he averaged like 12 points.

They won it because of Wade and the refs