Sign in to follow this  
el fede

Will Magic make the playoffs this year?

With Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Washington, and Toronto being locks for the playoffs (baring injury)... The fight for the last two spots would be with New Jersey, Indiana, Charlotte, Philly, New York, Boston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, And The Magic.

Do you think there is a good chance to grab one of those spots with the team we have ATM?

With Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Washington, and Toronto being locks for the playoffs (baring injury)... The fight for the last two spots would be with New Jersey, Indiana, Charlotte, Philly, New York, Boston, Milwaukee, Atlanta, And The Magic.

Do you think there is a good chance to grab one of those spots with the team we have ATM?

I think we will indeed make the playoffs. Toronto is far from a lock, a lot of Miami's players outside of Wade are on the decline, and I really think Cleveland will have a tough season bouncing back. It will be a hard road as always, but I think we can do it.

But also, I really believe that, with the adition of Jason Richardson and the resigning of Gerald Wallace... the Bobcats should also fall into heavy contention for the playoffs

Miami and Washington aren't even close to being "locks". I'd actually be surprised if Miami made the playoffs. I don't think Toronto will do that great next year either.

1. Chicago

2. Orlando

3. Cleveland

4. Detroit

5. Toronto

6. Washington

7. New Jersey

8. New York

New York, Boston, Milwaukee and Charlotte will fight for the 8th spot.

unlike most other teams we are pretty much putting all our eggs in 2 baskets...we are a couple of injurys away from a disaster...i think we make it but certainly dont win the atlantic...i'll wait to see whats done about the front court, if it remains the same i say we just make a #8 or #7 seed

I like how people say that those 6 spots are already locked in, my ***, Miami is done, they are overrated and they are over the hill,Toronto is no where near a guaranteed lock, Chris Bosh is alright but once teams learn he isnt a banger but merely a shooting guard in pf body they will realize he is nothing special, Detroit is getting older and well they wont be a walkin this year, Washington plays no defense, And Cleveland is a one man show, and will struggle this year to establish what they did last year, so the playoffs picture will not be as set in stoen as you say it is.

None of those teams are better then us by any frame of mind

quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Temple_Kiwi:

unlike most other teams we are pretty much putting all our eggs in 2 baskets...we are a couple of injurys away from a disaster...i think we make it but certainly dont win the atlantic...i'll wait to see whats done about the front court, if it remains the same i say we just make a #8 or #7 seed

Just about every team you mentioned in there has put all there eggs in someones basket,

Cleveland-Lebron

Toronto-Bosh

Miami-Wade

Washington-its big 3 is its entire team

Detroit- Put there eggs in the basket of several over the hill players

quote:
Originally posted by el fede:

Detroit is getting old, and falling apart, They had a good draft, but I don't think they are better than us, now. Cleveland is not better than us either, they only have LBJ, and very poor coaching, if they don't make themselves better they are fighting for the last spot. Chicago is good, tough scrappy young, well coached they are in our class. Washington, well arenas is going to be on his contract year, so look for him to take a record number of shots, If you thought Lewis's contract was bad this year, just wait til you see what arenas thinks he is worth. Still as a team they are not better than us, they just have the ability to win any given game. Toronto I don't know maybe they finish ahead of us, probably not. Oh yea Miami, I'm glad you mentioned Miami.

This is Great. Our team matches up perfectly to the heat's, which fuels the flames to create, potentially, an outstanding rivalry to last for years, hopefully. There is nothing better than showing up to an enemy who you view as a villan, and having your team squash the life out of them. Yea we match up to have some epic battles against the heat, if Shaq can hang long enough to let it happen. We both have dominant big men, both now have a dominant highlight flick scorer, and then we have the coaching battle, Student VS pupil.

I like us every time against the heat, though the young, and exciting, the heat are Old, and devious. Yea I like our chances at being the #1 team next year,out of the east, however If I were betting I would go with the # 3 behind Chicago and either washington, or Toronto.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Miami and Washington aren't even close to being "locks". I'd actually be surprised if Miami made the playoffs. I don't think Toronto will do that great next year either.

1. Chicago

2. Orlando

3. Cleveland

4. Toronto

5. Detroit

6. Washington

7. New Jersey

8. Boston, Milwaukee, New York,and Charlotte will fight for the 8th spot.

right list